Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2004 7:43:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/7/2004 8:53:21 PM EST by repub18]
I am moving near Russelville and trying to find a good dealer with 30 min driving distance. And a range
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 8:53:07 PM EST
Come on guys nothing in 6 days the AR forum seems to be dead, Lets livlie it up and get some posts in here!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 9:09:38 PM EST
Shhhhh...... they're still reading your first post.....

BTW, I grew up 20 miles from Russellville, so I am one of 'them'.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 8:40:01 AM EST
I tried to liven it up a few months ago but it didnt work

On the plus side, we still are going to try to put together an ARk-15 shoot this fall.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 10:10:02 AM EST
Have you picked out a place for a shoot yet?

It's been a long time since I lived there, but as a kid could go down to the Arkansas River and plink away. Nobody minded or got freaked out in the good old days. That's sure not the case here in Western WA. What's it like there nowadays?
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 10:45:00 AM EST
Dont know moving there in a couple days and from what I researched it doesnt look that good for me ranges are to far away and no good lookin dealers around. The closest range I can find is Benton but thats even a hour and a half drive.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 10:58:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By repub18:
Dont know moving there in a couple days and from what I researched it doesnt look that good for me ranges are to far away and no good lookin dealers around. The closest range I can find is Benton but thats even a hour and a half drive.

Little Rock is pretty quick from Russellville, via I-40, and there's got to be decent dealers there. I bet if you make friends with some of the local guys you'll find a place to shoot, and there will be opportunities to do FTF trades/buys. Best bet for ammo is probably mail order? Good luck! Nice people in that part of the US.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 5:30:34 PM EST
Just wondering, but have you looked at Camp Robinson WMA ??? Looks to be just about an hour down I40
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:22:49 PM EST
Benton gun club has a HUGE range, however, the good ole boys are waging a political battle righ tnow trying to shut down the action (IDPA) range by limiting fire to only one direction (same vector as on the rifle range and every other range instead of the 180 degrees we have now).

BAD BAD infighting. I'm a member and was at a bylaws meeting, we managed to hold them off for another few months.

As for NFA there, hahahahahaha don't even go there.

WRT to the state game and fish range 'twixt little rock and conway (at mayflower), they don't allow shots faster than 1 / sec and the rangemasters are generally regarded as a*holes who will touch your gun without asking you first

There are some other ranges and dealers, including class IIs and IIIs but you wont see them advertised. I would type more b u tim going to bed. ANy questions by new ark residents welcome.

James in central ar
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 12:02:07 PM EST
James,
Those are NOT good ole boy; those are ASSHOLES!!
Don't give good ole boys a bad name!!! I'm a good ole boy!

The ring leader sat right in front of me. I asked him and his cohorts why they didn't want to hear the facts first . Couldn't get an answer.

Clay
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:08:08 AM EST
Oh nevermind, just got here and there are plenty of dealers around, real nice state though I think I will like it. Got to get used to actullay seeing mountains around and not just flat ground like in FL
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:26:20 AM EST

Oh nevermind, just got here and there are plenty of dealers around, real nice state though I think I will like it. Got to get used to actullay seeing mountains around and not just flat ground like in FL

Are there any in Russellville that won't charge 100% markup, because if there are, i'll drive up there to visit my aunt and uncle and buy my guns while i'm there.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 11:03:36 AM EST

Originally Posted By jblachly:

Are there any in Russellville that won't charge 100% markup, because if there are, i'll drive up there to visit my aunt and uncle and buy my guns while i'm there.

dont know yet just walked into one shop locally but didnt look at the prices, I wonder how much they charge for transfers around here??
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:30:40 AM EST
I live between Little Rock and Ferndale, That is between I-30 and Hwy 10 out Congo Rd.. Although the area is growing quick there are still plenty of places to shoot. It is a bad time to shoot most places this time of year, because of the Hunting season coming up. Never been to the Benton shooting club, They tell me you must be a NRA member to play there. I heard that the Mayflower Range was a good place, but if some A-hole pics up my personal property, he may as well be picking up my wife. Im new to the AR 15 sport and currantly purchasing a SP1 for collecting and In a couple of weeks I plan on getting A shooter, if anybody has any input on what i should start out with , please let me know. I have access to a few hundred acre's that I lease for personal use. I am also looking for someone who can tell me the going price of a 99% AR15 SP! (asap) thanks
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:16:19 AM EST
Surprised to hear that some have had a range officer at Mayflower touch thier weapon. I and the wife have shot there 2 or 3 times a month for the last 6 years and yet have had a single one touch our weapons.

They do however require you to show all weapons clear and have the 1 shot per second rule also.

It took a little while to get to know the Range officer but after a few trips he knew us by name and has always been respectfull to us.

It is a good low priced place to shoot that is close to LR.

I think if you do a range search for the Fort Smith area you will find a indoor range for sure and possibly a outdoor one also.

This club is in Russellville,
Arkansas River Valley Gun Club
John Stottman
PR Officer
P. O. Box 5021
Russellville, AR 72811
501-968-7129

Here's a link that list most of them in Arkansas.
http://anythingarkansas.com/guns/
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:15:14 AM EST

Originally Posted By jblachly:
I tried to liven it up a few months ago but it didnt work

On the plus side, we still are going to try to put together an ARk-15 shoot this fall.

I just moved to LR. Count me in for the the next ARk-15 shoot.
Top Top