Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/27/2003 7:11:37 PM EDT
Hi,
I am pretty new to site and looking for a dealer to handle a receiver transfer possibly from Iblis out in washington state. I am open to purchasing a receiver locally if I can get close to the 100.00 for stripped.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 4:22:04 AM EDT
If you're going to transfer a lower receiver, I recommend the following in this particular order:
-------------------------------
1:
Our Local Member dsspro
through his business:

Dela Investment Arms
2163 164th ln.
Ham Lake,MN,55304

Aren Dela
612-325-0314

$20.00 for Handguns/Rifles (and likely receivers)
$45.00 for NFA weapons

See Here:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=28&t=171964
2:
DPMS (if AR-15 Lower Receiver)
Visit the DPMS table at local gunshows for *THE* best price on lower receivers. They'll sell good forged ones for $100.00, and IIRC, cast for $80.00!

See Here for Gunshow Schedules:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=28&t=168289
There are four of them coming up this september...

For other products in the DPMS line, they often knock 20% to 40% off their prices at the gunshows too!!! Their table is what makes local gunshows worth attending.
3:
Mark Koscielski's Shop
KGS Guns & Ammo
2926 Chicago Ave. S
Minneapolis, MN (by Lake St & Chicago Ave S)

I don't remember his Xfer rate, I think it's $25, but not sure. He now got his FFL Back, and I highly recommend helping support his business. He's nice (to most anybody I've seen, except gang bangers that ask for illegal sales), good service, answers stupid questions with a straight face... It's good to support the ONLY GUNSHOP LEFT in Minneapolis! I'm glad he won his court case against the City of MPLS!
4:
Armored Fire Gunshop & Range
(About 15 Miles N. of Downtown MPLS)
Circle Pines, MN
763 792-GUNS (792-4867)
888 785-0166 (Toll Free)
763 784-7648 (Fax)
www.armored-fire.com
armfire@sprynet.com

They state their price is about $40.00 for transfers or something around there. However, the last time I transferred a receiver, JEFF (owner) personally did the transfer, and he knocked off BOTH SHIPPING AND TRANSFER FEES!!! I got the receiver for $136, just as advertized on the website!!!

Those are my suggestions due to my experiences with these dealers/mfgrs... YMMV. I'm not sure about their transfer rates, as they may change over time.

But I highly recommend going through dsspro to help a good local member/dealer, and a good guy, or going through DPMS at a gunshow to help a good local manufacturer, or through Mark Koscielski to help a good local dealer.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 4:59:27 AM EDT
Hi, Thanks for the quick response. I noticed the post of Mark's lawsuit and responded to it. It's nice to see someone win against tyranny. I will stop his store soon and try decide which ar15 receiver i want. I will be hitting the shows looking for dpms display.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 5:07:07 AM EDT
Thanks for the plug Inuh, The recievers DPMS sells were for cast blems(1 or 2 forged in the group)and he normally sells them for 125.00 wich is dealer cost. If you want the lowest priced lowers in the state go to www.gunsnstuff.net wich is FAC.they are a pain in the ass to deal with and never have anything in stock but they advertise dpms and olympic stripped lowers for 99.95 plus 10 dollers for paperwork fees(wich i do not believe they really ever have in stock.)
The best price i can do on dpms or olympic lowers are 127.50+ tax out the door wich both are forged or will do the transfer for any purchases you make out of state for my listed fees above. please feel free to call me if you have any questions. Aren
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 7:25:35 AM EDT
You're right about the DPMS table "blemish" receivers. They do sometimes show a slight speckle of a blemish, but IMHO, AR15s were meant for shooting and not as safe queens. If I buy a rifle, I don't want it sitting around doing nothing. The blemish ones work well, but if you want "Perfect" receivers, get them through dsspro, or pay the extra $$ for a bushmaster lower. I, personally, do not think that having "Bushmaster" on my lower is justification for a sizable price increase for a chunk of aluminum. Perhaps that's just me. I cannot justify the price difference when I can buy an olympic lower for cheaper, it's still made to specs, and functions just as well.

If I were building another AR15 a second time around, I'd buy a DPMS lower either through dsspro. However, I cannot afford one right now.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 6:45:53 PM EDT
Wow,
Thanks for all the input. I will be making a decision soon. I can only start off with my receiver then I have to save up for the rest, divorce is a bitch. I will probably go with a Model 1 or JT kit to finish but am watching EE and ebay also. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:00:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2003 4:13:42 AM EDT by iNuhBaDNayburhood]
Don't forget that currently Olympic Arms Post Ban AR-15 20 inch barrel kits are on sale... VERY good deal if you upgrade to the stainless steel barrel!!! I bought one of these sale (For $424.00) kits last year and upgraded to a stainless heavy barrel for only $30 more!!!

here's the link:
www.olyarms.com/specials.html

Mine cost:

$424.00 Kit Sale
$030.00 Stainless Heavy Barrel Upgrade
$136.00 Forged Lower
$110.00 Decent Scope
$060.00 Harris Swivel Bipod & Adapter (From DPMS @ Gunshow On 40% off)
$030.00 3-point Tac Sling (From DPMS @ Gunshow On 40% off)
$005.00 Custom Hammer/Trigger Springs-Lower Trigger Weight (From DPMS @ Gunshow)
--------------------
$795.00 Fantastic Rifle Custom Built (Makes a stronger physiological bond to your rifle too!)

HOLY SH!T!!! I didn't realize I tossed so much money into my rifle! Then I borrow it to my brother for use in his squad car??? I must be nuts! I'm going to get it back as soon as I can... I miss my baby (Her name is Missy, because I rarely do miss with her).

At least the next rifle I buy is going to be a lightweight 16" rifle with Flat Top & Removable Carry Handle...

That'll cost:
$105.00 Forged Blemish Lower After Taxes
$450.00 16" Lightweight Kit
$030.00 Stainless Upgrade (Don't buy an olypic without it)
$080.00 Removable Carry Handle (DPMS Gunshow Price)
------------------------------
$665.00 My custom 16" lightweight carbine.

Too bad I don't have that kind of $$ sitting around right now...
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:22:58 PM EDT
I talked Mark K. at his new location. He is still waiting to go to trial with Minneapolis. He also said his ffl will be back active in one week(it's in the mail). Mark mentioned he has two new stores in the plans when this suit is settled. The case is set for a October date. Gun control through Zoning laws.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 8:35:05 AM EDT
dsspro,

You have mail.

Thanks.

Eric
Top Top