Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/22/2005 10:00:00 PM EDT
I'm watching a special on Danish morning TV here, and they are looking into the London bombers. Denmark is currently worried about a terrorism situation as they have a large muslim influx, who according to the Danes, seem to be doing a good job living off the state, as the Danish social security affords you the equivalent of a 25K job in the UK. Given that the Danes are doing a good job supporting the western world in Iraq and Afghanistan with their Army, there are currently worries about possible bombings.

There is a MASSIVE difference between Danish news and the BBC.

The images are more graphic here, but that's neither a good or bad thing, it just seems as if Denmark is willing to show things the BBC would not.

The big thing is, I have just sat here (and still am) watching interviews with people from Manchester telling the reporters that they understand why the people did this, and that they all think about doing it but only few people have actually done it.

It is just people playing football that they are interviewing, spouting off about islamaphobia but noting that the US support Israel. Telling the camera's that it's not OK to be anti-semitic but people right now are being islamaphobic. Well no shit sherlock.

It really is making me feel worried about the calibre of Muslims we have in this country, the BBC is well known in it's attempts to hide the full story, however the Danish TV seems to be the other side, there has just been a full ten minutes of UK muslims telling the Danish TV that they love their religion more than their country and that they agree with these bombers, and making excuses.
Right now, it's interviewing the whites with people calling the muslims ragheads and other people saying we never wanted them over here.

It is in effect a far more balanced view with both sides of the argument, Both very radical but radical views from both sides are to be expected in the situation.

Anyway, I just thought I'd spout off about how much is hidden from us in the UK.
Denmark just seems to do a better job of informing its people as to the viewpoint from both sides, and letting them make their own conclusions, unlike the BBC, who shows us what they want us to see.

Dave
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:48:14 PM EDT

Another interesting thing is that there was a poll shortly after the London attacks, and it turned out that a majority of Danes now EXPECT a muslim terrorist attack in Denmark, yet a substantial majority of Danes believe that we should still keep our troops in Iraq.

Hopefully it's not just bravado, but they'll stick it out. We've been in Iraq with the U.S. from the beginning, and I hope we will be there until the end.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:25:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:04:43 AM EDT
Good one, Vito!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:09:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By elucidate:
I'm watching a special on Danish morning TV here, and they are looking into the London bombers. Denmark is currently worried about a terrorism situation as they have a large muslim influx, who according to the Danes, seem to be doing a good job living off the state, as the Danish social security affords you the equivalent of a 25K job in the UK. Given that the Danes are doing a good job supporting the western world in Iraq and Afghanistan with their Army, there are currently worries about possible bombings.

There is a MASSIVE difference between Danish news and the BBC.

The images are more graphic here, but that's neither a good or bad thing, it just seems as if Denmark is willing to show things the BBC would not.

The big thing is, I have just sat here (and still am) watching interviews with people from Manchester telling the reporters that they understand why the people did this, and that they all think about doing it but only few people have actually done it.

It is just people playing football that they are interviewing, spouting off about islamaphobia but noting that the US support Israel. Telling the camera's that it's not OK to be anti-semitic but people right now are being islamaphobic. Well no shit sherlock.

It really is making me feel worried about the calibre of Muslims we have in this country, the BBC is well known in it's attempts to hide the full story, however the Danish TV seems to be the other side, there has just been a full ten minutes of UK muslims telling the Danish TV that they love their religion more than their country and that they agree with these bombers, and making excuses.
Right now, it's interviewing the whites with people calling the muslims ragheads and other people saying we never wanted them over here.

It is in effect a far more balanced view with both sides of the argument, Both very radical but radical views from both sides are to be expected in the situation.

Anyway, I just thought I'd spout off about how much is hidden from us in the UK.
Denmark just seems to do a better job of informing its people as to the viewpoint from both sides, and letting them make their own conclusions, unlike the BBC, who shows us what they want us to see.

Dave

Remember Dave if people were honest over here when interviewed then they would be seen as racist/religionist etc and we cant have that..

I've always hated out gutter press because of the crap they spew out. They can be very influential with the public and that is often abused. Cue the Firearms Amendment act

But I often get the feeling our Press is not as bad/biased as that in America.

We are at the mercy of the Press and our Sheeple

God/Allah/Budda/Jahova/etc etc etc.... help us.....

Taffy

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:20:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By vito113:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/macandy/T74.jpg

Danish 1st Lego Armored Division

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:42:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 8:55:29 PM EDT by Zionist]
As I may very well be banned...Let me make a statement here!!!

Ok...Here it goes ( IBTL)

F...U...C...K... CNN,BBC, MSNBC and all Liberal Demogods

I can not understand Sharon and the Gaza "Give up"....Hamas only seeks to destroy the Whole of Israel and our Liberal Democraps seek to Destroy our efforts in Iraq.

Here is my Finger

Zionist...FuckThe Jihad...Or if you prefer........Kiss Me Bloody Arse.

Wally...Over and Out....FUCK ALL TANGO"S. " Let God Sort Them Out"

Zionist ( The now Banned)

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:00:25 PM EDT
My first IBTL

Go Wally!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:52:38 AM EDT

I can not understand Sharon and the Gaza "Give up"....Hamas only seeks to destroy the Whole of Israel and our Liberal Democraps seek to Destroy our efforts in Iraq.

I can. It was the right thing to do....and long overdue.
How can anybody not see that this is a good thing??
Think about this...no occupation, no Hamas. That's how it would've been.
And as someone who comes from a place that has been "occupied" by "settlers", don't expect any symparhy from me regarding them. They were nothing more than illegal squatters.

As for the 2nd part, Iraq is so fucked up now that it's no wonder that your democrats have loads of ammunition to use.

That's all for now

Mark
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:35:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 6:40:19 PM EDT by Zionist]

Originally Posted By streetfighter:

I can. It was the right thing to do....and long overdue.
How can anybody not see that this is a good thing??
Think about this...no occupation, no Hamas. That's how it would've been.
And as someone who comes from a place that has been "occupied" by "settlers", don't expect any symparhy from me regarding them. They were nothing more than illegal squatters.

As for the 2nd part, Iraq is so fucked up now that it's no wonder that your democrats have loads of ammunition to use.

That's all for now

Mark

Mark

I respectfully disagree.

I'm off to work right now and will respond in detail tonight... I can't log on to AR15.com at work

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:21:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 8:24:01 AM EDT by streetfighter]

Mark

With all due respect... you are wrong.

I'm off to work right now and will respond in detail tonight... I can't log on to AR15.com at work

Well that means it'll be tomorrow morning before I can read your reply, seeing as we're 8hrs ahead of you.
Therefore I won't carry on with this until you have had time to respond, but I think we're going to disagree.

But seeing as Wally is at work and doesn't have access to ARFCOM and won't be able to respond to this for at least the next 9hrs, I'd just like to use this opportunity to say in his absence....Wally has a big nose and farts in the bath

Mark

ETA: I love a good row
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:39:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 7:46:41 PM EDT by Zionist]

Originally Posted By streetfighter:

Well that means it'll be tomorrow morning before I can read your reply, seeing as we're 8hrs ahead of you.
Therefore I won't carry on with this until you have had time to respond, but I think we're going to disagree.

But seeing as Wally is at work and doesn't have access to ARFCOM and won't be able to respond to this for at least the next 9hrs, I'd just like to use this opportunity to say in his absence....Wally has a big nose and farts in the bath

Mark

ETA: I love a good row

Mark

Now I know you are wrong...I don't have a big nose

As to Gaza...This could quite possibly be in Israel's favor ( Keep the rats confined ) However, Hamas will only be satisfied with the complete destruction of the Israelis, period.

If you will recall, the Six day war of 1967 is how Gaza, Golan Heights and East Jerusalem came into Israels hands...If you were attacked and therefore gained said lands would you consider yourself a squatter??

Remember the Balfour Declartion and the British Manifest of Palestine? How many times has Israel conceded territory that was promised to them?

As to Iraq being so fucked up...And this is where I get irritated...Not at you, but with our Democrats and the mainstrteam media. When asked for answers or a solution the Dem's have no response other than to just point fingers and the media is happy to help them point as well.

The US Marines I've talked to that have come back here from Iraq very much believe in their Mission and are also disgusted with the media's bias for not reporting the GOOD that they are doing over there.

That is why I will not read,view or listen to CNN ,BBC, NY Times et-al.

Ok...I'm chilled now

BTW : I changed the "You are wrong" part...It now reads "Respectfully Disagree"

ETA...Corporate installed "Websense" which "Filters" "Weapons" sites.Thats why I can't veiw ARFCOM at work...

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:30:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/25/2005 8:02:07 AM EDT by vito113]
Top Top