Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2004 10:02:40 AM EDT
Well, last week I was so glad that the ban sunsetted, that I decided to install a new barrel on my existing upper.  Because I'm a cheapskate, I wanted to make my postie as evil as I could for the least money; so I had this bright idea that I was going to swap the barrel for a bushie 20" gov't profile barrel, complete with bayo lug (good for 25 evil points and an A2 flash hider (good for a 50 evil points ).  In my haste to put it together and become evil, I overlooked the fact that the upper had M4 feedramp cuts while the barrel extension didn't.  Funny thing is that I didn't even notice, and didn't have any problems last Monday.  However, this past weekend, shooting with my buddy in his backyard, I kept having FTFeeds because it kept getting hung up in the feedramps.  So, now I have to get a new upper.  Since RB Precision had some RRA B/C + CH combos for $115, I said what the hell, and they also had some really nice A2 front sight tools, so I got one of those too.  So, in my quest to no-ban-ify my AR the cheapest way, I end up still having to build a completely new upper.  
D'oh!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#1]
don't   you just hate it when that happens!!!

Wolf
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice!  Im sure I would have over looked that also Im sure.

Hey also I still have all that sling gear that we got together.  I have not been able to make anything out of it and it just lays around the house.  IF you would like it let me know Ill make you a deal.  Or just make me 2 slings and Ill cut you a super deal.  Let me know!!!

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:04:41 AM EDT
[#3]
One word-

Dremel

No, seriously, Brownells sells a barrel extension tool. Can't you just swap barrel extensions? I've never had one off, but have heard that's how you set headspace on AR's. Of course I don't know if that's right, or if alingment after the fact is a problem.

On the other hand, what you gonna do with your 20"? Gonna sell it off or buy another upper to use it on? If you decide to hang on to it and need upper block and barrel wrench, let me know, mine have only been used once and are lonely.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll trade you two completed slings of your choosing for the raw materials you got.  Deal?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:27:28 AM EDT
[#5]
thats sounds about cool, I got 2 ars that need some 3 point slings.  Can you also make me a somewhat standard sling for my FN shotgun?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, you're going to have to send me a pic of your FN, cause I got no "F'n" idea what it looks like (pun intended ).  But, yeah, I'll do that, 2 AR slings and a shotgun sling for the rest of your materials.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Sure deal done,  Ill get my brother to get it out to you.  Shoot me an IM on address and Ill shoot you a pic of the gun!  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Holy cow that's a cool looking shotgun.  How much was it?  

IM inbound.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:04:07 PM EDT
[#10]
If you haven't bought your new upper receiver yet, I have a brand new RRA that I'll sell cheap.  The index slot has been widened a bit, bit that shouldn't be an issue.  Let me know if you're interested.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:17:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Shoot, where were you 3 hours ago?  I've already ordered it.  However, if you are still selling cheap, I'm interested.  Shoot me an IM.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:44:38 PM EDT
[#12]
OK I'll be a dumbass...

How can you tell if the receiver and barrel have the M4 feed ramps/cuts? I'm sure my new M4 bbl does but what about a new RRA upper receiver?

Thanks.

PS Thanks a ton Ghost for helping me out with the barreling of my upper. I've got a spare seat going up to the range in Jasper on Saturday a.m.--if you are interested IM me. Maxpain, a coworker and I are heading up 'bout 8 a.m.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:13:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How can you tell if the receiver and barrel have the M4 feed ramps/cuts? I'm sure my new M4 bbl does but what about a new RRA upper receiver?

Look at this thread, it'll have all the info you want to know.  

Quoted:
Thanks a ton Ghost for helping me out with the barreling of my upper. I've got a spare seat going up to the range in Jasper on Saturday a.m.--if you are interested IM me. Maxpain, a coworker and I are heading up 'bout 8 a.m.

No problem dude.  I'm just trying to get "my money's worth" out of the tools  I hope the installation works out for ya...my own kinda got fuxxored cause I'm a cheapskate  Anyhow, if it all goes well, I'll be in St. Petersburg, FL on Saturday, trying my best to catch a whole lotta fish (but most likely just catching a buzz ).  Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to take a raincheck.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Phew, rifle ramps all the way around. I won't worry until the 1986 MG ban is overthrown.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top