Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 4:40:28 AM EDT
I look forward to this every year and really hated it when they canceled it for a couple years after 9/11.

I was searching to see when the dates were since this is about the right time of year and came across these two links:

www.milavia.net/airshows/airshows2006_us.htm

news.tbo.com/news/MGBQ388G7GE.html

I suppose the question now is will it return next year

LL
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:12:09 AM EDT
[#1]
damn I wanted to take my eldest son, he would love it
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:52:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Well.. we are at war.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:51:18 PM EDT
[#3]
On May 6th and 7th there will be the Mc' Donald's Air and Sea Show in Ft. Lauderdale. It is right on  the beach (no statics) but the action takes place just 200 ft away. I've been the last two years, and will be going this year too. The USMC and USN assualt the beach at show center. Alot of action and TONS of people (be warned) but definatly worth it. Last year they had 2 LCAC (Landing Craft Air Cushion (hovercraft for short)) drag race just 30yrds from shore, very cool stuff (for a civlian anyways)

There's supose to be a fly over of ths F-22 (cancelled last year), and a demo of the V-22 Osprey (that was there last year, very cool). Another neat demo is put on by the 920th (stationed just up the road from me) Rescue Wing (PJ's), 2 swimmers were even deplyed from a C-130.

If you hadn't noticed, I love airshows his

Oh, here's a link: www.airseashow.com/

Dave
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:26:18 PM EDT
[#4]
The Air and Sea Show is supposed to be a Grand Experience.

They also have some Great Sponsors!!!!

Message brought to you by Southern Wine and Spirits, Purveyors of your favorite Adult Beverages

jj
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#5]
RE: FT Lauderdale show

I know that show needs sponsors, but sponsors take up ALL the prime viewing area and waste a bunch of space......... craming everyone to each side, they use CSC ( concert security guys and the cops ) to secure their picnic areas from everyone else like we are nothing, while spreading out tents the length of A1a for about 2 miles, they should consolidate the VIP and sponsor area , to still let them have a private area, but would free up a lot more space for the common folk.......I went for a few years, way too crowded, you gotta get there at 6 am to get a spot, all day in the sun and about 2 hours of traffic trying to leave the beach at 5 pm, too much for the same thing every year, I had it good last time, buddy had a condo facing north about 1 mile south of center....well above the masses, and the picininnys running past your towels kicking sand on you all day......
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:14:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
RE: FT Lauderdale show

I know that show needs sponsors, but sponsors take up ALL the prime viewing area and waste a bunch of space......... craming everyone to each side, they use CSC ( concert security guys and the cops ) to secure their picnic areas from everyone else like we are nothing, while spreading out tents the length of A1a for about 2 miles, they should consolidate the VIP and sponsor area , to still let them have a private area, but would free up a lot more space for the common folk.......I went for a few years, way too crowded, you gotta get there at 6 am to get a spot, all day in the sun and about 2 hours of traffic trying to leave the beach at 5 pm, too much for the same thing every year, I had it good last time, buddy had a condo facing north about 1 mile south of center....well above the masses, and the picininnys running past your towels kicking sand on you all day......

So what are you saying?

Hook a brotha up?

jj
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top