Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 12:44:04 PM EDT
saracat (1000+ posts)       Wed Sep-08-04 03:25 AM

Original message

BAD News for Arizona!

Our primaries are over and the Repugs once again nominated the most arch Conservatives they could find.The moderate Repugs ,who sometimes voted with our Dem Governor were creamed. The County Attorney Primary, on the Dem side went to a man who bought the election and defeated the candidate endorsed by our Governor and Attorney General as well as most of our Dem officials and two former governors ,including Bruce Babbit. This man is no Dem.He has called our Governor a cheap political trickster , and Bruce Babbit a liar and a criminal.He misrepresented endorsement by our state chair forcing our party as well as our chair to threaten legal action.And now, because he had more money than the endorsed candidate, he is our nominee. This man is "proud of being funded by the Republicans," and says "he doesn't need the vote of Democrats". He only became a Democrat when he filed his candidacy.I am afraid for our state and our party tonite. I cannot support this man ans will not.I am left with no vote. The Republican is a fundie arch evangelical. But their is no difference.And the moderate Repugs hate their candidate so much they will vote for our candidate and have said so.This is a disaster!

Leave cold:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=139x662

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#1]
BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Better a DINO than a RINO!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#3]
You know, this election had me worried.

I've only ever missed one election in my life- the one where Napolitano was elected.  (I just moved and wasn't eligible in AZ or back home.)  I specifically came here to get away from liberal horse manure, and here we get a demo gov by a slim margin...

I've heard from natives that AZ has really been ruined by the influx of liberals- specifically Californians.  The last thing I wanted was to fall in love with this place and discover it's on its way out like NM.  

This election, while just a primary, restored some hope on my end.  

Mike
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Who won for the Republican County attorney?

By the way saracat is innocent_bystander's DU username!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:42:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't worry I'm innocentbystander on DU so you can tell who's on the liberals side bashing religion and supporting a woman's right to choose.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:53:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Don't worry I'm innocentbystander on DU so you can tell who's on the liberals side bashing religion and supporting a woman's right to choose.

Man, you are crazy...  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top