Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/27/2004 6:57:23 PM EST
DPMS Tri-Gun Challenge August 14 & 15
Any arfcommers attending or even participating in this event?
Link Posted: 7/27/2004 7:26:40 PM EST
Isn't it already full-up? maybe I read Del-Tones site correctly? Love to shoot although I aint new competion for anybody.

Craig
Link Posted: 7/27/2004 8:02:13 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/27/2004 9:31:18 PM EST
I was hoping to, but as mentioned it might be full. I'll have to see if I can get in if someone cancels.
Link Posted: 7/27/2004 9:50:51 PM EST
I called Paulie and he definetly was unable to "write me".

They are taking "stand-by's" but you'd have to "shoot someone".......Hmmmm, sorry, just thinking
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 12:43:05 AM EST
I'm in, but the strange thing is I might be starting a new job that next week.

The leter I got from the DPMS people said there were 155 shooters.

Trying to resist tearing down all my guns and cleaning them like I did last year only to have my pistol fall on it's face when the timer went off.
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 6:53:36 PM EST
Maybe I should be directing this to Paulie but what are their accomidations for viewing?
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 5:59:43 PM EST
The Tri-Gun Challange did fill up several weeks ago. We are taking a list of names for a stand by list because I am sure that a few will not be able to make it for whatever reason.
This is however a great spectator event. We have the top nine shooters in the world showing up for this. Just to watch them is worth it. Shooting begins at 8 am and last until 5 pm sat and sun.
We have people coming from all over the country for this event and we have vendors from Glock, Leopold, Surefire, Brownells, Blackhawk, Lauer, SW just to name a few being set up.
There are free tetherd hot air baloon rides from Freedom FLight, the POW/MIA crew, food vendors including the cheese curd guy from the state fair, the Lt. Gov and Mark Kenedy will also be there to talk to. Also, the event is FREE to watch.
This will be a fun event for everyone just to watch. If you like what you see, then give our pistol league a try on Wed nights.

Range update, the blacktop to the road is in, the steel target gallery will be open after tri-gun, there is also a pop machine at the range now.
Hope to see you all there.

Paulie

Link Posted: 8/4/2004 6:06:02 PM EST
That sounds awsome the range is looking pretty sweet.

good job man
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 6:42:08 PM EST
Good work Paul!
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 6:19:09 AM EST
Is photography or video allowed? I wanted to bring down some friends with me, but they cannot make it that weekend. I was there last year and it was a great event...

BK
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:28:09 AM EST
I think so, it was allowed last year.

But I might be wrong.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 9:24:13 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 6:21:14 PM EST
Bring out the cameras and camcorders/Digital stuff to. Please remember you eyes and ears.
Thanks.
Paulie
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 4:34:37 AM EST
Cool...Thank you for responding

BK
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 6:24:13 AM EST
Damn I am good.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:31:39 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/10/2004 6:31:51 AM EST by QuinlanV]
Mini-Quin and I are planning to be there Sunday
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:03:15 AM EST
Hmm I'll be busy Saturday, but I think I'll try to show up Sunday too.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 6:41:31 AM EST
Can anyone tell me what this is all about I'm a Del Tone member, and since I'll be shooting IDPA on Sat at Minnetonka Game & Fish, I'll be in the area (kind of). I'd love to come out and watch some amazing people shoot.

-Mike
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:27:38 PM EST
Tri Gun was a great success. The prize table grew to over $100,000 and looked like a small gun show rather than a prize table. Every one got something. Even those that were DQ,d received great prizes. We even raffled off a custom 308 for the match and with the $1600 raised we haded back to the shooters in $100 bills with the raffle tickets after the gun was handed out.
Out of the 156 shooters and 21 RO,s 126 of them have already pre-signed up for next year. We re going to look at increasing the number of shooters for next year, but I would advise you to sign up now for next year.
If this would be your first 3 gun, there are more than enough people that are willing to help coach you along if needed when you are shooting. Also, you do not have to pay now to sign up for next year. You will at some point when we figure out the date and such, but everyone got more than whet they paid for in dues at the prize table.
See you on the range.
Paulie
Top Top