Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/24/2004 3:43:09 PM EST
As Sept. 11 grows near once again , i was just wondering where are the displays of patriotism that were so prevalent after 9/11/01? It seems to me that it has declined somewhat .I know people are busy going on with their livesand such, i dont have a problem with that. but i think people for the most part are desensitized to the point that it doesn't bother them.They forget that we are not untouchable any more .They forget the real reason we have our military doing what needs to be done. Maybe someone can post some pics to remind us all why we need to show a little more patriotism, and to hell with those who are offended by such displays. SEMPER FI AND GOD BLESS AMERICA AND HER FIGHTING FORCES.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:29:06 PM EST
My tattered flag saw its final days since it went up in 2001 and is about to be replaced with a brand new one that will continue to fly day in, day out as a constant reminder of that fateful day.

I will never forget!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:54:35 PM EST
People do not remember what happened yesterday!
Unfortunately, the patriotism shown after Sept. 11 2001 was something that was a short lived thing.

I knew an ex Marine who had taught me patriotism years before 2001! He would not accept a ride in a foreign made car, would ask you to move your foreign car from in front of his house, and went far out of his way to buy American! He proudly flew his flag every day in his yard, and not just on holidays! He was so proud of his flag that he even had pictures of it.

Look at all labels on the flags flown, and tell me what percentage are MADE IN THE USA? Look at all of these US flag lapel pins and tell me what percentage of them are made here! I have been offered US Flag pins and refused then because they were made somewhere else, and told the person the reason why I refused it!

The problem with a reminder is that more lives may be lost! Sheeple do not respond to "Color coded government warning systems"! How many people can tell you what color we are at? I may be able to guess at it because I am reminded every day at work.

Sorry for the rant, but fad patriotism pisses me off!

Bill H.
Farmingdale, NY
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:03:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By bill3rail:
People do not remember what happened yesterday!
Unfortunately, the patriotism shown after Sept. 11 2001 was something that was a short lived thing.

I knew an ex Marine who had taught me patriotism years before 2001! He would not accept a ride in a foreign made car, would ask you to move your foreign car from in front of his house, and went far out of his way to buy American! He proudly flew his flag every day in his yard, and not just on holidays! He was so proud of his flag that he even had pictures of it.

Look at all labels on the flags flown, and tell me what percentage are MADE IN THE USA? Look at all of these US flag lapel pins and tell me what percentage of them are made here! I have been offered US Flag pins and refused then because they were made somewhere else, and told the person the reason why I refused it!

The problem with a reminder is that more lives may be lost! Sheeple do not respond to "Color coded government warning systems"! How many people can tell you what color we are at? I may be able to guess at it because I am reminded every day at work.

Sorry for the rant, but fad patriotism pisses me off!

Bill H.
Farmingdale, NY

Nothing pisses me off more than Old Glory with a "Made in China" label on it. I will only fly a flag MADE IN THE USA!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:12:42 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:18:53 PM EST
USMC6026- my Old Glory is still flying in front of my home. It's been replaced once since 9/11; it still maintains a place of honor at my home here in Texas.

God Bless America!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:03:10 AM EST
Mine fly's all the time!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:26:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By Raptor22:
Nothing pisses me off more than Old Glory with a "Made in China" label on it. I will only fly a flag MADE IN THE USA!

That drives me nutz also.

Find a U.S. Made Flag
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:06:15 PM EST

Originally Posted By rkbar15:

Originally Posted By Raptor22:

That drives me nutz also.

Find a U.S. Made Flag

You also have the American Flag Company in Totowa, NJ. The address escapes me for the moment.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:54:46 PM EST

Mine fly's all the time!!

Same here and the reminders are everyday for me in my head and heart.

More so for all those Sons, Daughters, Farthers, Mothers fighting and putting their life on the line.

My Flag is also AMERICAN MADE
Top Top