Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2010 7:17:27 AM EDT
DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM LIKE I DID.

DO NOT BUY ANY RESORT TRIP FROM BLUEGREEN RESORTS, THE WILDERNESS CLUB, OR BASS PRO SHOPS.

I posted this in the Missouri Hometown forum, but wanted to make sure everyone is aware of this scam.
Bluegreen Resorts has properties in Las Vegas, Gatlinburg, and other places besides Branson, MO.

My Branson, MO. trip has been cancelled, and my vacation plans ruined thanks to the scam artists at Bluegreen Resorts. I was promised a room at the Falls Lodge at Bass Pro's Big Cedar Resort, but they pulled the old bait and switch on me.

I should have know this was too good to be true, but figured with the recesson, they were desperate to get visitors to the resort,
and it was legit. I was wrong.

I booked this trip at the Bass Pro in Memphis back in July. Representatives from Bluegreen Resorts were selling 3 day/2 night packages to
the Bass Pro Big Cedar Lodge for only $199 dollars for both nights stay with the stipulation that you have to take the 1 and 1/2 hour tour
and listen to their sales pitch to buy a timeshare program at this and other resorts around the country.

They promised us a deluxe room at the Falls Lodge with a private balcony and waterfall view.

Everytime I called them to get a written confirmation of where we were staying, and our itenerary, they would tell me that we would receive
a computer generated e-mail confirmation a week before our arrival. I told them I wanted one now to verify that we had the correct accomodations, and they would ensure me that I did and claim to send a "manual" email. I would never receive this manual e-mail.

I called last Friday and they finally admitted that there were no openings at the Falls lodge and that we would staying
at a completely different property on the other side of Table Rock lake away from all of the Big Cedar restaurants and amenities.

I spoke to a supervisor and told him that surely they could get us the correct room since we had booked this trip back in early July, and he told me that they only get a small block of rooms at the Falls Lodge and that I would need to reschedule. After telling him we could not reschedule, he agreed to a refund.

I will be watching my credit card statement online closely to make sure I get it within the next few days as promised.

Please do a google search for Bluegreen resorts complaints and you will see alot of stories like mine.

Please pass this along to everyone that might shop at a local Bass Pro and be tempted to buy a vacation from them.

This is not some chain e-mail. This happened to me personally this week.

Herman

Link Posted: 10/5/2010 1:24:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I always walk right by those fuckers...

Hope you get your refund

(your kind of a do-do head for trying this shite though)
Link Posted: 10/5/2010 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's hoping for a quick refund for you and thanks for the information.
Link Posted: 10/6/2010 1:36:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I made the mistake of signing up for their little shopping spree giveaways. Their telephone soliciting is relentless.
Link Posted: 10/6/2010 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#4]
My dad actually worked for them for a few months trying to make ends meet.  He quit do to their required sales tactics.
Link Posted: 10/6/2010 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Dang
My wife and I were just in Nashville and she signed us up!

She only paid $130 and got a $25 gift card to Bass pro shops.
I dont know if its the same company or not...
My sister in law has a time share with the place, we have stayed at one of their places before in Gatlinburg.

Hopefully our experience will be better than yours....we arent picky as to which cabin we are at though...as long as clean and roof over head we are fine :)
Link Posted: 10/8/2010 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#6]
We call it "crimeshare" around here, and with good reason...
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 5:53:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I went to bass pro on fathers day...  I walked right passed the fuckers like i do most sales people.  Lost my wife and found her filling out the paper work...  Sounded too good to be true but i went with it.  I called like you did a month later and got a shaky vibe.  I canceled for a full refund.  Next time i walk in there and they try to sell me this shit i am going to be down right hostile to them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top