Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2004 4:07:06 PM EST
I need an FFL who doesn't charge me "Tax: on my transfers. A couple of my FFL's charge 8.5 % over and above transfer fee on value of gun, no matter how much i object. I am in nassau county. Anyone know of an honest and decent FFL near me???

Please respond. I will travel as far north as poughkeepsie and as far east as montauk (well not really).
Link Posted: 3/25/2004 5:24:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/25/2004 5:25:57 PM EST by Andreuha]
L R B Sales

24506 Jericho Turnpike, Floral Park, NY 11001

(516) 327-9061

$25 fee for all transfers, very freindly people.

ETA: Store hours kind of suck; not open on weekends, open until 7pm monday through thursday and 3pm fridays.
Link Posted: 3/26/2004 1:04:17 AM EST
Another vote for LRB.
Link Posted: 3/26/2004 1:06:51 AM EST
thank you SO MUCH. I really appreciate it. Thats VERY close. I've been getting goosed by my FFL's for too long!
Link Posted: 3/29/2004 9:04:41 AM EST

Originally Posted By chapperjoe:
I need an FFL who doesn't charge me "Tax: on my transfers. A couple of my FFL's charge 8.5 % over and above transfer fee on value of gun, no matter how much i object. I am in nassau county. Anyone know of an honest and decent FFL near me???

Please respond. I will travel as far north as poughkeepsie and as far east as montauk (well not really).

Technically they HAVE to charge you a tax on the transfer fee, whatever that may be. I pay tax of 8.25 % on the fee I charge, but I take it out of the fee charged, not charge it additionally. Obviously these guys don't want to cut into their already low tranfer charges by taking the tax out of that amount.
Link Posted: 3/29/2004 11:13:38 AM EST
Tcsd1236 I think he means they are charging him sale tax on what he paid for the firearm even though he is not buying it from the transfer FFL.

Link Posted: 3/29/2004 11:17:11 AM EST
RKBAR got it,,,,, these crooks charge me tax on the price of the rifle.

Unbelievable!

I called the guy y'all recommended today for my new AR.
Link Posted: 3/29/2004 12:28:23 PM EST
OK, it didn't sound that way when I read it the first time; thanks for clarifying. Have you tried the FFL lists at shotgun news?
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 9:00:05 AM EST
I called LRB and left a msg on friday at noon. Two minutes later he called back.

So far, I agree with all - everything's smooth.

I can't believe I got goosed into paying sales tax before!!!!

I am lodging complaint with the BBB.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 12:37:32 PM EST
LRB was a smooth transfer and DAMN those two guys are:
1. funny
2. honest and polite
3. AWESOME craftsmen. did you SEE those receivers they make!!!! wow!!!!

They said maybe the issue whole M14's this year or next. limited run.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:00:32 PM EST
Lou at LRB will talk your ear off if you let him. Hes a great guy and never a hassle there.
Which FFL was hosing you before?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:17:46 AM EST
donna at li outdoorsman was taking advantage of the new guy for a long time. Even TNT in many ways is a bit pricey though I like the people their. In general, it seems that in our non-=southern market firearms should be bought online.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:05:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By chapperjoe:
RKBAR got it,,,,, these crooks charge me tax on the price of the rifle.

Unbelievable!

I called the guy y'all recommended today for my new AR.

I had the same thing happen to me ONCE, NEVER stepped foot in the place since!

F'as@hole!

I got hosed at "Guns and Ammo" on Sunrise Highway in Bohemia. And I made some huge buys off him, 6 friends and I bought AR's, AK's, tons of ammo all in about four months time. Then I had my LEGP transferred in and he wacks me over the head for sales tax on the RIFLE, which came from Illinois. I completely lost it on him when he shruged off my complaint about it. I had other old time customers yelling at him. Ya live and learn and they lose business.
Top Top