Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/23/2004 8:06:33 AM EST

DOG-LOVING FELON HAD ARSENAL IN QUEENS HOME: COPS

By TATIANA DELIGIANNAKIS, ERIKA MARTINEZ and GERSH KUNTZMAN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NYPost, September 23, 2004 -- A Queens felon who loved dogs, motorcycles and guns turned his home into a mini-armory with a cache of nearly a dozen firearms, thousands of bullets and even a few crossbows, police said.

Cops arrested James Addiego late Tuesday after he allegedly brandished an AK-47 to frighten a neighbor during a dispute over an unwanted pit bull.

When police searched his Ozone Park home, they discovered nine rifles, two handguns, three crossbows, more than 5,000 rounds of ammunition and a bulletproof vest. Police also confiscated a marijuana plant.

Addiego, 41, was charged with menacing and multiple counts of criminal possession of a weapon.

Police said Addiego has three prior weapons arrests — one of which, in 1995, put him in jail for two years. He was also once arrested for robbery and DWI.

The man involved in the dispute with Addiego said that he had given the pit bull first to a friend named Steve, who then gave it to Addiego when he was unable to care for it.

When Addiego realized that he couldn't care for it, either, he told Steve to contact the pit bull's original owner.

That man, who identified himself only as Doug, did not know Addiego, but went to his house to collect the dog yesterday.

"I went to [Addiego's] house to get the dog, but when he saw Steve on the block, he grabbed the gun," said the man.

"I didn't know if he was going to shoot me, but I wasn't going to stick around to find out."

After the incident, Addiego returned to the 84th Street home he shares with his mother, who is 82, and at least three dogs. He was arrested without incident.

"We couldn't believe how many guns we found," said Detective John Maderick.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:16:05 AM EST
those detective need to tour some homes in GA.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:17:36 AM EST
ONLY a dozen guns? 5K rounds? Hell. I got almost half of that in my truck alone!
Not to mention what I have at home.

2 words...RANK AMATEUR!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:26:42 AM EST
I had more cap guns/caps and BB guns then that when I was seven. Unfortunately all my guns/ammo were recently lost in a tragic boating accident.

Why do cops in NYC always make the same stupid comments about arsenals and caches of weapons and ammunition?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:33:51 AM EST

Originally Posted By Stoney-Point:
ONLY a dozen guns? 5K rounds? Hell. I got almost half of that in my truck alone!
Not to mention what I have at home.

2 words...RANK AMATEUR!

me to
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:42:57 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:02:32 AM EST

Originally Posted By Wave:

Originally Posted By rkbar15:
Why do cops in NYC always make the same stupid comments about arsenals and caches of weapons and ammunition?

It looks better on the paperwork when we're putting in for departmental medals!

I guess he'll get hisself the NYPD Medal of Honor then.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:11:20 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2004 1:07:19 PM EST by rkbar15]
How can this story be true? NYC has strict licensing and registration of all firearms and restricts the possession of ammunition unless properly licensed. Oh wait a minute I just had an epiphany. Criminals DON"T PAY any ATTENTION to your REGISTRATION LAWS. I just knew there had to be a reason.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:35:55 PM EST
I've got that quantity in 22lr alone.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:32:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By rkbar15:
How can this story be true? NYC has strict licensing and registration of all firearms and restricts the possession of ammunition unless properly licensed. Oh wait a minute I just had an epiphany. Criminals DON"T PAY any ATTENTION to your REGISTRATION LAWS. I just knew there had to be a reason.

Amen Brother, Amen!

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:41:52 PM EST
I've got a question about your laws up there. My mother in law came down here and saw my AK and wants one. Can you legally own an AK in Brooklyn?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:54:38 PM EST

Originally Posted By mkgunz:
I've got a question about your laws up there. My mother in law came down here and saw my AK and wants one. Can you legally own an AK in Brooklyn?

Sorry mama, no.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:03:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By sterling18:
I've got that quantity in 22lr alone.

No shit! I've got 3K rounds just of the powderless .22 LR

Oy Vay!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:08:50 PM EST
No Comment
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:10:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By DvlDog:
those detective need to tour some homes in GA.

Yea, is everony in GA bad about packratting ammo?
Top Top