Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2006 6:43:25 AM EDT
Ladies and Gents,

I need your help/advise.

My friend's homestate is WI, though his current residence is here in IL.  He tried to apply for FOID card, but ISP turned around and told him that they cannot issue him a card since his home of record is in WI.  

My question is, does WI have an equivalent to FOID card that he can use here
in IL?
If so, can you please point us out to the right direction?

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:25:48 AM EDT
[#1]
When I was down in your great state of IL, I was at a Scheels and asked to see one of their guns.  He asked for my ID card to which I said....."WHAT!!?!?"  He figured I was from WI and just needed my WI Drivers License.  I am assuming that is all that would be needed to purchase a firearm down there.  

To answer your question, we don't have FOID cards.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#2]
thank you very much for the info.  I really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 10:06:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Does he have an WI or IL DL?
Anyhow, sounds like he'll have to change his home of record if his "current residence" is permanent.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
Does he have an WI or IL DL?
Anyhow, sounds like he'll have to change his home of record if his "current residence" is permanent.

He have a WI DL.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd venture to say ISP was blowing smoke.

I lived in Illinois 4 years. I was a wisconsin resident the whole time. USAF.

I got and still have a valid FOID.

You may need to have an illinois mailing address. But i was never an IL resident.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top