Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2021 2:59:01 PM EDT
None of them (that I can find) are doing any business for out of county residents.  None of them (that I can find) have appointments available for learners permits or non-driver ID's.  All of them are only taking appointments for limited transactions and half of them are closed completely.  Fucking faggots.

Link Posted: 3/26/2021 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Upstate or downstate? I know upstate DMV is handled by county clerks. Downstate we have DMV. Here on LI people can schedule for DMV offices. Maybe a regional thing due to lack of personnel?
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:18:00 PM EDT
[#2]
My wife made my Daughters permit appointment yesterday online. Her friggin date isnt until mid July. FNYS!
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Upstate or downstate? I know upstate DMV is handled by county clerks. Downstate we have DMV. Here on LI people can schedule for DMV offices. Maybe a regional thing due to lack of personnel?
View Quote

Upstate.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 11:26:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My wife made my Daughters permit appointment yesterday online. Her friggin date isnt until mid July. FNYS!
View Quote

I made my sons permit appointment last month, 1st available date was last week in May, I'm in Nassau county.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 12:06:19 AM EDT
[#5]
It’s NYS withNYS Swamp employees. What do you expect?

Screw the permit.  Just drive.  My inspection is 6 months overdue. Tires are at 32 lbs cold, pads are 1/4”’ or better, lug nuts torqued to spec.  If they want to pull me over for no inspection go to town.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 8:46:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I had a customer here get into warren county DMV a week or two ago. We are in essex county. He said he called and they didn't care. Not sure where you are or how far it is for you to get to the real upstate.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 1:27:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My inspection is 6 months overdue.
View Quote
My inspection was originally due every June. When they suspended enforcement I did not have it inspected until November when they starting enforcing it again. Here in Nassau County, the Highway Patrol will set up sticker inspections on the entrance ramps to the LIE and NY-135 to observe registration, inspection and seat belt use. Anyone failing one of those is directed to the side and given a more thorough vetting. Not worth the hassle here chancing that. Also in the village where I work, the local code enforcement walks the municipal parking lots issuing tickets to all cars with expired stickers. On those you often have to appear at the village court. Luckily I have been in able to park in our private lot since the pandemic but I suspect they would have ticketed me for the inspection despite it having been suspended. The mantra being "tell it to the judge". It still would have been time wasted to fight it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top