Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 8:32:12 PM EDT
Just wondering if anyone would be interested.  I have a couple kits here and a few more on the way that I would like to start building.  I don't have the resources to host a large build party, but I could contribute some cash to jig rentals/beer funds/etc.  I also have lots of tools, including a MIG welder and an oxy acetylene setup.  

These will be my first homebuilt rifles, and I would like some guidance from the more experienced my first time around.

Anyone interested?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:57:55 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you building? AR's, AK's? I would assume AK's due to the jig reference.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:20:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm worried about your psycho serial killer status, low post count and all...
How do I know I won't end up as an appetizer at your next "build party"?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:19:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm worried about your psycho serial killer status, low post count and all...
How do I know I won't end up as an appetizer at your next "build party"?

You bring a previously completed build for, uh... "demonstration purposes"
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:19:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What are you building? AR's, AK's? I would assume AK's due to the jig reference.

Maybe he's Irish???
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:33:54 AM EDT
[#5]
You have my word I won't eat you.  Besides, if I were a crazed psycho serial killer why on earth would I come to a gun forum to look for victims?

Yes, AKs, but I intended to leave it open.  I don't think anyone would get hurt too badly if we built an AK and an AR at the same time.

So, is anyone interested?  There is a thread on the general BIY forum where several people mention wanting to get together for a build, but I am getting no response there.  Here's that thread: http://jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=77960

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:13:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmmmmmm..........

Seems like the perfect excuse to get a new toy to practice what Sully showed up.

Let me get a lower + LPK first.

wganz

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm thinking about just going ahead and building a bending jig or two, does anyone have any spare 1 1/4" plate?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:06:11 PM EDT
[#8]
The discussion of this build has moved to this link:

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=83694&page=2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top