Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 2:54:38 PM EDT
I need to send the girlfriend to someone other than me for a basic pistol course.. anyone been to any of the classes in the DFW / North East Texas area..

Thanks, John
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:17:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Protac Global offers women's only classes. Highly reccomended. Sent my mom to one. IM commanderjb or recruit_killer.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I think BulletTrap on Ave K in Plano advertised them at one time. Worth the call.

wganz

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Collin County Gun Range has some very good intro classes(as well as excellent advanced classes).  Call them for info(972.562.4911).  Good luck.
                 Peace,
                      Dragonfire52

ccgunrange.com
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:27:50 AM EDT
[#5]
targetmaster has a new sign up , womens only classes. might be worth a look.later
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for the great plug, but Tiger Valley hired Pamela Belecki, a Dallas Police Department Firearms instructor to teach ours.  I can claim alot of things, but knowing how to draw and carry from a purse is not one of them.  Pam did a great job.  She addressed many issues that pertain to women who carry in a fun setting.

My wife will recommend Pam.  She took Pam's class and had a great time, they fired about 200 rds.  Fired from positions other than standing or sitting, fired while moving.  All the ladies that attended the class seemed to have a great time and did get to either look at or try each others and Pam's handguns.  The students' experience prior to the class ranged from husbands or fathers teaching them or only shooting at the CHL qualification.

I got to look over the printed course material Pam passed out, my wife was still at work, the class does cover many things that are unique to women.

mm
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the help, I will have my girlfriend look at it and make a choice ;o). I wonder if I can borrow a purse and attend the womens class
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I am sure that bung has one.......
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:10:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:36:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I do believe Paul Howe runs one of his Texas shooting schools nearby. It's not your basic 'point and pull' deal, though.

Doc @ M&A
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:26:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I sent my daughter to a "Handgun Course for Women". It was taught by Cindy Jones of Rowlett Tx.
They did their range time at Targetmasters in Garland. It was well worth the money. I do think it pays to have a professional train a newby. The pro's know all the right things to say.

jim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top