Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2005 12:20:22 PM EDT
Could someone please advise of an AR-15 gunsmith in the DFW area?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:46:20 PM EDT
[#1]
what do you need done?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I want to have an Vltor stock and single point plate installed in place of the 2 position stock currently on my Ar-15.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:11:28 PM EDT
[#3]
i am sure any of the dfw crew could help you out....it should be really easy to do....
try IMing Falarak
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#4]
www.vltor.com/manual.htm

eta: notice the date on this manual?  08/25/2005 - we can see into the future!! woo hoo!!!

now off to the lottery pages....
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:15:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Where in DFW?  There are a lot of us that have the tools to help you out.  Do you already have the sling plate?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:29:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I live in Lewisville.  I already have the stock and the sling plate.  I am not sure what tools I would need to complete the exchange or exactly how to do it.  If anyone could advise or direct me to the correct link for changing out collapsible stocks I would greatly appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:02:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If anyone could advise or direct me to the correct link for changing out collapsible stocks I would greatly appreciate it.

see link above
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Johnson county..just south of fort worth..can handle 99.99 % of the known ar issues........send a email.....
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#9]
shoot me an email.  If you dont mind driving to Plano/Frisco border area (by Stonebriar Mall) I can dig up my stock wrench and we can go to town.  Should be able to knock that out quickly.

JB
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Had I been thinking I would have told you to bring it the Mesquite Gunshow, I could have knocked it out for you in a couple of minutes.  Worse case bring it to Market Hall.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#11]
We got the stock changed, but it was definitely more than a "couple-minutes" job, which I had initially thought it would be as well.  I have never seen a receiver end plate staked to the castle nut as well as this one was, and it took us a while to get it apart.  Thereafter, the new VLTOR stock went right on, and now the new castle nut just needs to be properly tightened.  Anyone got a stock wrench (we broke mine)?  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:00:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
We got the stock changed, but it was definitely more than a "couple-minutes" job, which I had initially thought it would be as well.  I have never seen a receiver end plate staked to the castle nut as well as this one was, and it took us a while to get it apart.  Thereafter, the new VLTOR stock went right on, and now the new castle nut just needs to be properly tightened.  Anyone got a stock wrench (we broke mine)?  

This is what separates the amateurs from the professionals.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#13]
do you really need one? Let me know.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:07:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Anybody know someone who can flute a barrel in the DFW area? I might need to install a FF and a flip up gas block at the same time as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top