Posted: 5/15/2005 7:40:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 3:26:11 AM EDT
[#1]
why is July so dead?
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 4:38:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
why is July so dead?

Well, most cops will get stuck working July 4th weekend (and students are not likely to want to train then anyway) and there is a 2 day carbine at the end of the month. Also Sully is working out the details of a 2 day Tactical Handgun class in WI.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:46:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the new prices.  I can actually afford the carbine 1 and 2 class.

Thanks Sully
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 6:18:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool!  I hope to beable to finally start the Handgun series and possible the shotgun series.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 7:45:44 AM EDT
[#5]
doesn't DE have their own forum and website over in Industry??
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 7:54:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Don't you ever have anything positive to say about DE?  Maybe we should delete the Oakdale post, too.  

No, this is the apppropriate forum for MN happenings such as Oakdale gun club shoots and Defensive Edge events.

Perhaps you should start your own bulletin board if you don't like the posts here.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 7:57:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't you ever have anything positive to say about DE?  Maybe we should delete the Oakdale post, too.  

No, this is the apppropriate forum for MN happenings such as Oakdale gun club shoots and Defensive Edge events.

Perhaps you should start your own bulletin board if you don't like the posts here.

I agree 100%  I want to know.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:00:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oakdale doesn't have a forum or website on ar15.com......DPMS does and you don't see them in here advertising all the time since anyone can go over to Industry and look and ask questions on their forum.....besides, all I did was ask a question ..
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:20:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yes they do. However since DE is a paid industry partner for AR15.com they are encouraged to post freely on these boards. It is a MN based company that has quite a few MN alumni. Many post on this board and have thanked me for alerting them to DE updates. I also post in the WI area due to requests by WI members to do so.
If DPMS were to plan events that affected the MN arfcommers they would be welcome to start threads here as well.

If you don't like it, ignore the thread! Why click on it if you have no interest in it?
The DE threads will continue considering the majority of MN members have some interest, the staff encourages it,  and DE makes valuable contributions to this site.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes they do. However since DE is a paid industry partner for AR15.com they are encouraged to post freely on these boards. It is a MN based company that has quite a few MN alumni. Many post on this board and have thanked me for alerting them to DE updates. I also post in the WI area due to requests by WI members to do so.
If DPMS were to plan events that affected the MN arfcommers they would be welcome to start threads here as well.

If you don't like it, ignore the thread! Why click on it if you have no interest in it?
The DE threads will continue considering the majority of MN members have some interest, the staff encourages it,  and DE makes valuable contributions to this site.

wow, you sure get defensive don't you?.........all I did was ask a question and you go ballastic...settle down a little bit..or do we have to contact you in order to post on the hometown forum??
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 9:15:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

wow, you sure get defensive don't you?.........all I did was ask a question and you go ballastic...settle down a little bit..or do we have to contact you in order to post on the hometown forum??

Actually, no I didn't get defensive at all. Just answered your question, explained a few things, and made a suggestion that might aid in making your (and everyone else's) experience here a little better.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 9:29:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Good job!!  Keep the posts and class alerts coming.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, no I didn't get defensive at all. Just answered your question, explained a few things, and made a suggestion that might aid in making your (and everyone else's) experience here a little better.

Nice try
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Good job!!  Keep the posts and class alerts coming.

+1  
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 11:17:17 AM EDT
[#15]
It is funny how one person seems to evoke such a negative response, oh wait a minute.  That is what trolls do? Oh boy perhaps somone should be labelled a TROLL.  I do not recall the last positive contribution that our resident troll has made?
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 11:50:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It is funny how one person seems to evoke such a negative response, oh wait a minute.  That is what trolls do? Oh boy perhaps somone should be labelled a TROLL.  I do not recall the last positive contribution that our resident troll has made?

obviously you don't read very well either.........
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Well my big brother can beat-up your big brother!!

Oh, wait a second... I thought I was back in grade school
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Well my big brother can beat-up your big brother!!

Oh, wait a second... I thought I was back in grade school hr
good one
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I think Sully & Company do a great service to the shooting public of MN and other areas courses are hosted.  He is great educator!  He can walk the walk while talking the talk.  I know Quin... is a doing all of us a favor with updates on DE opportunities.  People who take exception to it are just wasting bandwidth.  Or perhaps he is just jealous and has to have people waste bandwidth on him!  Who knows?  Better Who Cares. Quin keep the updates coming!
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 1:28:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I think Sully & Company do a great service to the shooting public of MN and other areas courses are hosted.  He is great educator!  He can walk the walk while talking the talk.  I know Quin... is a doing all of us a favor with updates on DE opportunities.  People who take exception to it are just wasting bandwidth.  Or perhaps he is just jealous and has to have people waste bandwidth on him!  Who knows?  Better Who Cares. Quin keep the updates coming!

Absolutely!

Keep em coming Quin
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I was going to take a pass on commenting on this thread.
The last time I took a stand, I'm told I was called a liar when I answered at what appeared to be a simple question.
(I never saw the thread, it was vaporized by the time I got home from work)

I think the Defensive Edge posts in the Home Town forums are fair use.

I don't think I've seen Greg Sullivan ever post a single advert here.
Why should he? His "public" is giving him the best advertising there is. Word of mouth.

I think the new price structure is a boon to those on a tight budget that need to plan ahead. Hell it actually rewards those that plan!

One of the things that many vetrans loose sight of is, yes, the military taught you to shoot. They trained you... repeatedly and often.
Those skills are perishable! I would also add the the world keeps turning. The skills I learned in 1975 have little to do with the world 30 years later.

there are many good schools and instructors out there. I feel very lucky to have one in my back yard. A school that I don't have to take a week off from work, motel and travel expenses to deal with in order to attend.

Quinlan, Thanks for the update!
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 7:35:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
why is July so dead?

Mebbe, but look at August!
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
why is July so dead?

Mebbe, but look at August!

July will be anything but quiet for me. I'm planning on attending the 2 day carbine, soon to be added 2 day Tactical Handgun in WI, and probably an alumni handgun.

Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:09:05 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm doing my best to keep my calendar open for June handgun 1. I sure hope my folks don't come visit that weekend. Maybe I can talk them into coming the weekend of empty hand/OC .

Calendar is printed and a bunch of classes are circled.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I'm doing my best to keep my calendar open for June handgun 1. I sure hope my folks don't come visit that weekend. Maybe I can talk them into coming the weekend of empty hand/OC .

Calendar is printed and a bunch of classes are circled.

I'll make sure Sully knows to bring the Fox and Taser along to Handgun 1 for you
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 5:32:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Lotsa Alumni Handgun, don't see any Alumni Carbine yet.....  Need more Carbine in my diet.

Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Sweet...all signed up for Revolver 1 (Alumni rate of $45)

Can't wait...I gotta see if 2 other jokers I know want to attend...
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oakdale doesn't have a forum or website on ar15.com......DPMS does and you don't see them in here advertising all the time since anyone can go over to Industry and look and ask questions on their forum.....besides, all I did was ask a question ..

Damn mcnielsen, you have been on everyone's case lately.

Not enough fiber in your diet?
Having a negative time switching to decaf, are we?

Just who pissed in your cornflakes to put you in such a foul mood all the time.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 9:22:30 PM EDT
[#31]
join the party, Sully.........
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 5:57:14 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Not everyone.

Please check the Code of conduct.  Personal attacks are forbidden.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:02:33 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not everyone.

Practice what you preach for once.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:14:09 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not everyone.

Practice what you preach for once.

I can't remember mcnielsen ever directing a personal attack towards anyone here

At any rate, stop messing up my thread
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:40:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Sully, thanks for your courses.  I took your CCW course about 2 weeks after the 2003 law was enacted & it was very good.

Could you clarify the "alumni" designation?  Does my one course for the CCW enable me to take a subsequent course at the alumni rate?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:59:00 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
The Alumni discounts and training sessions are discipline specific, meaning that if you took Handgun-1 then you are Handgun Alumni and are allowed to get the Alumni price on taking the Handgun-1 course again, as well as you may attend any Alumni Training Session that is based on Handgun.

Sully,

Its my understanding that Handgun 1 alumni are eligible for the Al;umni discount rate on the Revolver 1 class...correct?

-Warlock
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#40]
A note to those planning on attending the July alumni handgun class/ It is in the process of being rescheduled. Keep checking here for updates.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 12:53:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 2:33:43 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I will post the new July Alumni Date when we have it, as well as a kids range day.

CY6,
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
Chief Instructor
TheDefensiveEdge.com

Mini-Quin will be most pleased
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 2:38:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:08:07 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I will post the new July Alumni Date when we have it, as well as a kids range day.

CY6,
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
Chief Instructor
TheDefensiveEdge.com

A kid's range day?

Sounds interesting...  What is the required 'creds' for kids to attend?  Minimum age?

You're too old, Matt!!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CY6,
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
Chief Instructor
TheDefensiveEdge.com

A kid's range day?

Sounds interesting...  What is the required 'creds' for kids to attend?  Minimum age?

You're too old, Matt!!!

He might not be

Little Quin has been hoping for something like this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top