Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/25/2005 5:35:50 PM EDT
I got sick and tired of mosquito invasion so I bought a Black Flag fogger. No, not some aersol can but the propane-fired fogger. Damn. 5 minutes of fog and not a single mosquito. Best $60 I ever spent.

Forget those mosquito traps, this thing works INSTANTLY. Neighbors have the propane traps yet they still have mosquitos.

Black Flag, no surrender required.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:43:50 PM EDT
Getsum! We'll have to try one here at the TC household. I assume that these work best on a calm evening?

The wife just came in the back door as I was typing and at least four of those pest followed her in.

TC

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:08:34 PM EDT
How long will the Black Flag stuff last?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:26:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:04:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Thunderchild:
Getsum! We'll have to try one here at the TC household. I assume that these work best on a calm evening?

The wife just came in the back door as I was typing and at least four of those pest followed her in.

TC

Anytime the wind is low works best. I took my uber-powerful HID light out back to scan for the boogers (powerful beam illuminates any insect eye distinctly) and NOTHING was flying.

It doesn't take long to hit the average yard. A light wind (1-3 MPH) carries the cloud of death slowly over the yard.

About $60 for the fogger and $10 for 48 ounces of the juice. It comes with 16 oz which should last a few weeks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:37:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Keith_J:
Anytime the wind is low works best. I took my uber-powerful HID light out back to scan for the boogers (powerful beam illuminates any insect eye distinctly) and NOTHING was flying.

It doesn't take long to hit the average yard. A light wind (1-3 MPH) carries the cloud of death slowly over the yard.

About $60 for the fogger and $10 for 48 ounces of the juice. It comes with 16 oz which should last a few weeks.

Thanks for the info Keith_J. Sounds like its worth a go. Mosquitos suck! (Pun intended )

TC

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:19:37 PM EDT
We went camping in AR last month, and our friends had one of those. Not bad - although the mosquito population around the house is pretty low. We've got a hug bat colony a few miles from the house, and purple martin houses in some yards next to us. They keep the population in check...
Top Top