Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/26/2005 4:00:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2005 4:00:39 PM EDT by paleface]
I'm buying a Beretta P92 in 40 S&w, for my daughter, and want to get the Cx4 Storm for her in the same cal.
Will I have problems in NJ?
All permits are in her name, issued today.
Proud papa is just paying for, not really buying.

Hello Helldog.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:47:11 PM EDT
The Beretta Storm crbine is what you`re talking about,right? if so, it`s NJ legal. As long as the lovely lady has NJ Firearms ID Card she`s good to go. Ramsey outdoor store on Route 17 South in Ramsey has a couple on the shelf. HTH
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:50:58 PM EDT
Thank you, I'll call Ramsey Outdoor and see if they stock in Paramus too.
If not, Ramsey, (the town), is only a few minutes North.
She got the rifle and pistol permits in about six weeks, I thought it would take longer.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:57:56 PM EDT
Yup, totally legal. I have one in 9mm.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:58:24 AM EDT
I have one in .40SW. Very satisfied. I'll be getting the Beretta 96 to match soon.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:44:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GoingIncognito:
Yup, totally legal. I have one in 9mm.

PLUS 1
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:02:39 AM EDT
Yeah, I noticed those storms in Ramsey Outdoor too. The guys there are nice, they were saying that local police departments were interested in those.

I think it's cause they watched too much Battlestar Galactica (new version) :D
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:26:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RavenVT100:
Yeah, I noticed those storms in Ramsey Outdoor too. The guys there are nice, they were saying that local police departments were interested in those.

I think it's cause they watched too much Battlestar Galactica (new version) :D

Next time you should shoot mine my wife's - it is a perfect chick gun!!! Oh and the guys love it too!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:10:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Lion_Dog:
Next time you should shoot mine my wife's - it is a perfect chick gun!!! Oh and the guys love it too!

My wife thinks it's "alright" .

What the hell does she know, anyway .
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:47:39 PM EDT

She got the rifle and pistol permits in about six weeks, I thought it would take longer.

You need a permit for a rifle in Jersey??
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:43:40 AM EDT
In NJ, you need a firearm Identification Card to own a BB gun.

The description of NJ gun laws is aptly put as "Draconian"
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:24:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/29/2005 5:24:51 AM EDT by GoingIncognito]
You need a Firearms ID Card to purchase a long gun, and a Permit to Purchase a Handgun AND a FID card to purchase a pistol. I do believe the rules are bit different if you receieve the items as gifts/inheritance, though.

NJ is certainly is Draconian...Here's a definition from Wikipedia:

"Draco was the first law scribe of ancient Athens, Greece. The laws, transcribed in 621 BC when he was archon eponymous, were particularly harsh, as the death penalty was the punishment for even minor offenses. Hence expressions such as "draconian punishment" or "draconian laws", and more generally, "draconian measures" (far-reaching)."
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:57:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GoingIncognito:
You need a Firearms ID Card to purchase a long gun, and a Permit to Purchase a Handgun AND a FID card to purchase a pistol. I do believe the rules are bit different if you receieve the items as gifts/inheritance, though.

NJ is certainly is Draconian...Here's a definition from Wikipedia:

"Draco was the first law scribe of ancient Athens, Greece. The laws, transcribed in 621 BC when he was archon eponymous, were particularly harsh, as the death penalty was the punishment for even minor offenses. Hence expressions such as "draconian punishment" or "draconian laws", and more generally, "draconian measures" (far-reaching)."

Just a minor correction. No FID is needed to purchase a handgun. But one would be foolish not to get one at the same time when applying.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:18:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PK90:
Just a minor correction. No FID is needed to purchase a handgun. But one would be foolish not to get one at the same time when applying.

I guess you learn something new every day, thanks ! I always thought you needed both to purchase a handgun, which I thought was a bit redundant, but I do agree you'd be silly not to apply for both at the same time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:43:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By paleface:

My Red Ryder is blocked to 15 BB's.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:32:13 AM EDT
That would be an interesting point if that Red Ryder was semiautomatic.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:40:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WinstonSmith:

Originally Posted By paleface:

My Red Ryder is blocked to 15 BB's.

You'll put your eye out.

Top Top