Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2004 5:47:18 PM EDT
Is the CX4 considered a handgun in Michigan?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:15:51 AM EDT
[#1]
depends on the overall length

looks like the storm is 29.7 w/o the stock spacer, 31.5 with the spacer, so if you have the spacer on it when you purchase it, im assuming it would considered a rifle
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#2]

It's a rifle... The AG's ruling of 30" OAL only comes into play if the weapon has a collapsible stock... If there's no collapsible stock the OAL of 26" with a minimum barrel of 16" applies...

FYI, I picked a Storm at Jay's in February... some cash, a 4473 yellow form and I was out the door... My Storm measures a barrel length of 16 1/2" and an OAL of 27 3/4"...

Edit... I just went and remeasured the OAL on the Storm... Old timers must be setting in... It's 29 3/4", not 27 3/4"... sorry...

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:25:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It's a rifle... The AG's ruling of 30" OAL only comes into play if the weapon has a collapsible stock... If there's no collapsible stock the OAL of 26" with a minimum barrel of 16" applies...

FYI, I picked a Storm at Jay's in February... some cash, a 4473 yellow form and I was out the door... My Storm measures a barrel length of 16 1/2" and an OAL of 27 3/4"...

Edit... I just went and remeasured the OAL on the Storm... Old timers must be setting in... It's 29 3/4", not 27 3/4"... sorry...

Good, because all I did when I bought mine was fill out the yellow sheet.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top