Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2009 6:02:01 AM EDT
I went there the other day and asked about a Kimber 1911. The idiot behind the counter with the girly blue hair told me they were junk. He was an asshole and cocky as hell. He followed that with I should buy a springfield. As I looked in the case springfield was all they sold. I will never go back. What a bunch of assholes..............
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 4:12:34 AM EDT
[#1]
They used to be a Kimber dealer a few years ago when they were in the building next door and were a certified kimber pistolsmith store.
The owner mentioned something of a falling out of sorts (or similar) between kimber and themselves.
Maybe Kimber was having Q/C issues??? I dunno. I still don't believe they are "junk" at all.

Personally I've never had any issues mith my Springer and the Loaded series is, from what I can see, very comparable to Kimbers - plus they offer some savings.

ETA: also, don't you think calling everyone there "a bunch of assholes" is premature given your descrption of interaction with a single employee?
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 5:17:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Well I don't know about the whole Kimber being junk thing, but I've had a lot of dealings with this range and store, and I do agree that the employees tend to be very holier-than-thou.  I've bought a few guns off them when I couldn't find them anywhere else, but I try to just use their range, and not the shop.

The thing that irks me the most is that on Saturdays, they tend to be half an hour late opening the range.  Nothing beats standing in downtown Cuyahoga Falls with my AR on my shoulder, waiting on the shop to open...

-Parke1
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I've never had a problem with the staff at Pro Gun, but that guy with the blue hair seems like his mission is to surpass the Typical Gun Store Employee in the BS category.  My friend's wife just got her CCW so we went to Pro Gun so she could try out my guns and look at what they had. We're browsing the selection and I'm pointing out the various action types and brands available. The blue-hair launches into this elaborate story about how, when he was in Afghanistan he was standing next to an SF operator on the range and the operator's Glock kaboomed, detonating the remaining rounds in the magazine, blowing the operator's hand apart.  But no worries, the Sig's and HK's they sell would never KB (for only a few hundred dollars more). Then he goes on to claim to be a knife fighting and martial arts instructor.  By now I'm trying not to laugh out loud and make a graceful exit.
On the plus side, the newly-refurbished range is nice and Pro Gun is a lot more rifle-friendly than Stonewall, my other indoor range option.
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

On the plus side, the newly-refurbished range is nice and Pro Gun is a lot more rifle-friendly than Stonewall, my other indoor range option.

can you elaborate on this please. I've only been to stonewall interested on the rifle info mainly

and give their address also, thanks
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

can you elaborate on this please. I've only been to stonewall interested on the rifle info mainly

Here is my take on Pro Gun being rifle friendly.  At Stonewall if you shoot a semi-auto rifle you have to sign a form that you will only put one round in the magazine at a time and the target carrier has to be extended all the way out.  The last time I was at Pro Gun there were no restrictions on how many rounds could be loaded and shot in a semi-auto rifle.

Link Posted: 1/17/2009 5:32:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I know what you mean, he did the same thing to me. I told him i just bought a m&p15 and he told me they were junk to. It seams to me that everything is junk that they dont sell, and i know who you mean the guy with the blue hair, They are also very high priced there to. I will never go back there again i will order from a catalog before i buy there again. and he told me the same thing about the afganastan blow up but the guy was shooting a bushmaster and bushmaster was the bottom of the bucket AR. Hesaid that olympic arms and colt was the best you can buy. I can agree on the colt but of course they sell olymic arms also go figure.
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 6:45:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is my take on Pro Gun being rifle friendly.  At Stonewall if you shoot a semi-auto rifle you have to sign a form that you will only put one round in the magazine at a time and the target carrier has to be extended all the way out.  The last time I was at Pro Gun there were no restrictions on how many rounds could be loaded and shot in a semi-auto rifle.

thanks  that's a start, but anyone have info on $/per hour and, if like stonewall, it's only hollow or soft point allowed ? and also where are they exactly please, thanks

Link Posted: 1/17/2009 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

thanks  that's a start, but anyone have info on $/per hour and, if like stonewall, it's only hollow or soft point allowed ? and also where are they exactly please, thanks

2419 Front St
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
(330) 923-6337
I'll try to link a Google Map: Click Here

I believe it's $20/per hour.  Any rifle ammo is good-to-go (again, I think Stonewall is soft-point only).
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 9:27:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
. . .he told me the same thing about the afganastan blow up but the guy was shooting a bushmaster and bushmaster was the bottom of the bucket AR. . .

That's funny  I thought the story he fed me was just very, very improbable, but now it looks like it's the same old Gun Store Employee BS!

Link Posted: 1/17/2009 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Here is the address:
2419 Front St, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221-2833
I don't know the current $/hour.  I also remember that FMJ was allowed for rifles.  Just no AP or tracer rounds.
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#11]
   I went there the other day and asked about a Kimber 1911. The idiot behind the counter with the girly blue hair told me they were junk. He was an asshole and cocky as hell. He followed that with I should buy a springfield. As I looked in the case springfield was all they sold. I will never go back. What a bunch of assholes..............              

You might want to re think your thoughs on this guy. As a fellow marine And a soon to be UFC fighter. He's not that bad of a guy. His take on weapons comes from hands on use. Let's put it this way. He doesn't need a t-shirt that say's he's done it.

As for the shops history with Kimber. Take a min. and talk to Tom. And if he's in the mood, he'll tell you about his dealings with Kimber.

I all so have bought a shit load of guns, gear, and have held a Corp. membership for a lot of years there. And have not had one bit of trouble.

I've been to Stonewall and put up with there shit. So it's not just one guy in one place.

And BTW, The guy your bashing. I'd want in my company any day of the week as a shooter, or fighter.

So if you don't like the place, Feel free not to return.
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 1:15:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Pro gun hasn't been the only shop in NE ohio to drop Kimber.  Kimber has made it almost impossible for small dealers to have them in the display case.  I know of another dealer that dropped them.  Kimber decided to go "big time" and forgot about the people who got them there.    

As for kimber being junk:  Well, that's up the the buyer.  Personally, aluminum frames and stainless slides aren't a good mixture if you put 2-3K down the tube a year.  Glocks do explode.  They don't like +P or hot ammo on a regular basis.  The throat and free bore are oversized to swallow anything, which makes them so reliable.  I've competed with a glock 34 for over 7 years.  16K and counting, on the same barrel.  They aren't junk, but just have limitations.

I like Pro Armament.  You can drop in, get a pin or a spring for an AR, or glance at some really nice optics.  If you don't agree with their prices or opinions, don't shop there.  In a pinch, they have it.  Find another gun shop in NE ohio where you can go in and play with a 2k$ scope, or an Emerson CQT knife.  The closest place that I know of is Fin.

Their prices aren't the best.  Factor in gas to Fin, or Sportsman's Den.  Or shipping for internet purchases.  It almost comes out even in the end.  

I support small and local business.  Always have, always will.

Link Posted: 1/17/2009 2:14:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

2419 Front St
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
(330) 923-6337
I'll try to link a Google Map: Click Here

I believe it's $20/per hour.  Any rifle ammo is good-to-go (again, I think Stonewall is soft-point only).

THANKS A LOT

I'll go try them out

Link Posted: 1/17/2009 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is the address:
2419 Front St, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221-2833
I don't know the current $/hour.  I also remember that FMJ was allowed for rifles.  Just no AP or tracer rounds.

thank you also

now I can buy and shoot the "cheaper" FMJ stuff
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 5:44:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well I don't know about the whole Kimber being junk thing, but I've had a lot of dealings with this range and store, and I do agree that the employees tend to be very holier-than-thou.  I've bought a few guns off them when I couldn't find them anywhere else, but I try to just use their range, and not the shop.

The thing that irks me the most is that on Saturdays, they tend to be half an hour late opening the range.  Nothing beats standing in downtown Cuyahoga Falls with my AR on my shoulder, waiting on the shop to open...

-Parke1

What are you worried about - the COPS? - You weren't Speeding!

My cousin use to give the cops hell in that town - Cop rolls up - who's car is that - Cousin says Who wants to know!

He would put out street lights with a spot light - cops couldn't arrest him because there wasn't an ordinance against it back then...

Brother and Cousin Playing tennis at the High School at three in the morning - cop says how did you get in there?  Says gate was open -  Cop says it is locked now - Cousin says I didn't want anyone breaking in!

I am glad we have a gun store and range in Cuyahoga Falls -

Link Posted: 1/18/2009 3:28:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Then he goes on to claim to be a knife fighting and martial arts instructor. By now I'm trying not to laugh out loud and make a graceful exit.

Hmm. Well the last time I saw Mr Blue hair fight. He broke tthis guys leg in 3 places.

And walked out of the ring un touched in less than 90 sec.

It's to bad the guy that hoisted the fight at Mustang Sallys will not release the video or pit it on U-tube.

It was rather funny how the asshole was thinking it was all fun and games. Till his leg went " Snappppppp"...

Ouch, And yes. it left a mark.
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 5:12:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Well I'm not sure what breaking a guy's leg has to do with ANYTHING––go post that on the MMA boards. Getting back to the OP's point, I've been a customer there for many years and Tom has had more than one "character" working for him. As for the Blue Rooster, I hear him throw out questionable comments from time to time. He is either misinformed or downright lying. Also hear him changing his stories alot. I know one of the CF LEO's doesn't care for the guy. Tom is a smart businessman so I don't think this dude will last long. Talk to Stoney, Jeremy, or even Tom himself, if you want good customer service.
Oh, about releasing that fight video––I hear there might be a legal issue.
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 9:01:05 AM EDT
[#18]
I dont believe the breaking the leg in 3 places, hell i did that before myself, I can fight like hell to and woop some ass but that dont mean i know everything about guns. I think the blue rooster talks alot of sh********* but thats his business i guess.
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#19]
if he is the pro u say he is he should have learned to be a little more mature and professional. not sure about the afstan part. karate stuff wouldn't know. till they can stop a bullet at 25 yds i dont care too much.

dont care about the blue hair i carried a purse after 2 tours in Nam"& 3 wives dont feel macho  is at risk. also never shot a deer. oh well "sin loi"

sales professionals are hard to find. how many here will never go there cause of his "shit" attitude?????
i owned the roadrunner video chain (sold to blockbuster)  we hired all kinds just taught them to be polite

oh yea f.y.i. det-1 is dropping the kimbers cause they dont work.just came form a meeting with Col Freddie Bish(ret) mentioned it at breakfast.

jjw
b.l. farley
www.odspec.com
1-800-508-1040

akron ohio
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#20]
We were there today for our 4th or 5th trip to the range and no problems at all. Had a great time and any questions at the gun counter were answered. Seems like a decent place to me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 6:15:20 AM EDT
[#21]
It is a decent place to shoot as long as the blue haired freek is not in sight.....
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#22]
naa, the blue haired guy is alright, you just have to be buying a colt 6721.  I would have to say though, I have

bought a few firearms, some accessories and have browsed more than a few times.  To me it seems like every time i

go there im treated like a guy they have never seen before.  I work customer service too, it goes a long way to have

some sort of recollection of your past and loyal customers.  Remembering their names works wonders also.  Without

that, the only thing left is price and their prices aren't that great.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We were there today for our 4th or 5th trip to the range and no problems at all. Had a great time and any questions at the gun counter were answered. Seems like a decent place to me.

I wish I could say the same.

got my mapquest directions, drove out to beat the comming snow storm, got there, closed on tuesdays

I guess I'll try again.....but after the snow
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 4:56:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I quit going there because the employees aren't friendly and they are way overpriced. I hate the attitude that anything they don't sell is crap. I have been going to the Marksmen to shoot handgun. The staff there is excellent. The best I have ever seen at a gun shop. They are knowledgeable, friendly, and not the in-your-face ex-spec-ops space shuttle door gunner types. The prices are competitive but the selection is small.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top