Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2003 3:35:56 PM EDT
When I got off work this afternoon, the shooting bug got a hold of me and I decided to grab the 9mm and head on over to the range. It seems I wasnt the only one with lead on my mind as the range was very busy. I had to wait a little bit to get a lane but it was worth it as I got to shoot next to a lovely lady officer sporting her Glock .40 :) She didnt stay as long as I did but she had a bubbly personality and she could sure shoot :D Judging from the looks of her target hits, she must sleep with that Glock under her pillow lol There was also a guy in lane 1 who just just got his new Bushmaster AR and he and his friends were in heaven. It was a nice looking AR that appeared to be a basic 16" A2 setup. They were content to shoot targets close at around 12 yards or so. I would have liked to have seen what it would have done at the true 25 yards range but at least I got my first look up close at a bushy. He was a pretty green shooter because when i asked him if he does any reloading at all or does he buy all new he thought I was referring to mags instead of rounds. I put in a plug for the Ar15 site as well as the hometown section and CE park and he was thrilled to hear about an outdoor rifle range. Who knows maybe he will show up on here sometime. I fired off a few hundred rounds myself including a little of the new S&B ammo I got as I was curious about it from reading some of the posts from others about S&B. I didnt have any hitches with it and I may be wrong here but it did seem to make the Beretta smoke just a little bit more than the Winchester that I shot also. I didnt shoot at the true 25 yards either seeing how it was only my second time shooting the Beretta and my groups were not tight even at close range but you know I sure had fun and thats what its all about! I know I will get better the more I shoot and shooting with you fine folks here and getting some much needed pointers and all and in time it will come. The first time I shot the Beretta I had trouble even loading the 2 10 round mags manually because the springs were so stickin stiff so I got me an Hks magloader and used it today and it sure made things smooth and fast. I feel the 8 bucks was a good investment for this green newbie :) I am going to strip the 9mm a litte later on this evening and will get to see how dirty the gun got from the different ammo. Can you tell I am a thrilled newbie? lol I guess I will quit rambling on for right now. Welcome to the board Maverick and I look forward to you joing us sometime for a shoot. Happt Fathers Day to all the rightwing, gun loving, government stay out of our personal lives dads out there :) Like Bookhound, I cant wait for June 21st and hanging out with some of you and having a good time.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you had a good time.  Did you invite the cutie to our shoot on the 21st?  
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I should have Brad but the blonde babe of an officer with her glock .40 left me somewhat speechless lol hock.gif Forgive me my fellow gun addicts lol I let you guys down
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:04:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I should have Brad but the blonde babe of an officer with her glock .40 left me somewhat speechless lol Forgive me my fellow gun addicts lol I let you guys down

No problem...just say 10 "Hail Kalashnikovs" and 10 "Our FAL's" and all will be good.  

We've already had a few cuties come to our shoots.  There's always room for more, though.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:06:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Mines off limits.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:25:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Shouldn't that minefield sign read...

Mines - Off Limits!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#6]
vetekbob, I shoot at that range fairly often.  Let me know if you want to grab some trigger time during lunch or after hours sometime.

Glad you had fun.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 5:33:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Mines off limits.

What I meant to say is...it's refreshing to see something nice as opposed to sweaty guys without belts.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#8]
So I leave town, and this is what you spend time doing?
I get to dodge panhandlers, transvestites, and drug addicts for two days.
Vetekbob goes to the range, chats it up with wimminz, and smokes up the joint.

Whose life would you rather have?

-Hobbit
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Hobbit,
I am glad to hear you had a blast have Anyways, I am glad to hear you made it back safe and sound. Bookhound, let me know if you head over to the range on Wednesday evening. If you do I could meet ya but I wouldnt get there until 6:45 or so if not I will see you Sat for the CE shootout.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So I leave town, and this is what you spend time doing?
I get to dodge panhandlers, transvestites, and drug addicts for two days.
Vetekbob goes to the range, chats it up with wimminz, and smokes up the joint.

Whose life would you rather have?

-Hobbit

Damn Hobbit were you in Nawlins or San Fransissy?

ARH
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I was indeed in San Francisco, God help me.
A buddy of mine got married in Berkeley.

I decided you haven't lived until you've heard a homeless man with a beanie hat (with "stupid" written across the front in magic marker)do a rousing acoustic guitar version of the SpongeBob Squarepants theme song.

-Hobbit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top