Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2008 4:00:42 PM EDT
I carry a G5 at work everyday in one of there V20 plastic holsters...pulled the flashlight out the other day and one of metal clips that hold it in the holster broke and feel out. I was going to trash it and buy a new one, but thought Id email Surefire and see if they would send me another clip ...got a email from them yesterday and they asked for my name and address that they were sending a whole new Holster at no charge! That in itself sold me on buying more of there stuff
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 9:00:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad to hear your situation ended up well. There are a couple lemon stories about Surefire's products and customer service here and there, but they're few and far between. There's a reason their products carry a higher price tag.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 2:00:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I've always had excellent customer service from SF.  If a bulb blew out early, they sent a replacement.  If a tapeswitch stopped working, they sent a new one (not the whole cap, just the cable and switch).  They are also really good about giving out free product at shows and demos.  I had an E2d with the angry tailcap.  It always dug into my leg, so I asked a SF rep at a demo if I could buy a plain tailcap from him, or switch with the one on one of his lights.  He just plain gave me the tailcap on one of his demo lights.  I love going to SHOT, because SF hands out lights like they're candy.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 5:35:34 AM EDT
[#3]
They've improved then...
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a G2's bulb burn out in less than a month of use. I've sent them an email and have yet to get a reply. I went ahead and got the LED bulb coversion.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 1:37:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Their LED conversions are excellent!
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I had a G2's bulb burn out in less than a month of use. I've sent them an email and have yet to get a reply. I went ahead and got the LED bulb coversion.

You'd do MUCH better by calling. I've been selling them for over 3 years and have only ever had positive responses from them
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#7]
been very pleased with SF CS.

clown
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one that quit working as well............where did you get the LED conversion, if I might ask?

Quoted:
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry, no advertising-like posts outside the EE. - HD40
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Mine in my G2 blew out the third time I turned it on (less than 2 minutes total runtime).  The replacement did the same thing in about the same amount of time.  The third one has worked for so long, I am about to need to change the batteries.  On both of the duds, Surefire CS (called in) sent me a new bulb with no questions asked.

I am interested in LED conversions too, if they can give me longer runtime.  All the ones I see on eBay (Crees mostly) say they only extend runtime by a few minutes (like 80 min versus 60 mins for Xenon) but drastically increase the lumens/output.  I don't really need more output.  I need more battery life.  Anyone know of a cheap place to get the Surefire ones?  They're supposed to last for about 12 hours on two CR123As.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 2:35:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I got mine from a local gunstore. I think it was $36.99 before taxes.

Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:45:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have one that quit working as well............where did you get the LED conversion, if I might ask?

You can search for local dealers HERE
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 7:22:51 AM EDT
[#13]
I called Surefire today and James is sending me out a new bulb.

Thanks Surefire!!!
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 10:26:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine in my G2 blew out the third time I turned it on (less than 2 minutes total runtime).  The replacement did the same thing in about the same amount of time.  The third one has worked for so long, I am about to need to change the batteries.  On both of the duds, Surefire CS (called in) sent me a new bulb with no questions asked.

I am interested in LED conversions too, if they can give me longer runtime.  All the ones I see on eBay (Crees mostly) say they only extend runtime by a few minutes (like 80 min versus 60 mins for Xenon) but drastically increase the lumens/output.  I don't really need more output.  I need more battery life.  Anyone know of a cheap place to get the Surefire ones?  They're supposed to last for about 12 hours on two CR123As.

The prices are pretty much set in stone by Surefire. You may find a dealer with the balls to go lower, but if a Surefire rep caught it, they could lose their dealer account. That's how these things work with many of the higher end products with dealer reps. It's also why you never see Surefire stuff on sale.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 4:04:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I made the call to Surefire about the bulb in my G2 as well, and although they informed me the bulb wasnt covered by the warranty, they sent me one as a courtesy.......so +1 for Surefire
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:38:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I made the call to Surefire about the bulb in my G2 as well, and although they informed me the bulb wasnt covered by the warranty, they sent me one as a courtesy.......so +1 for Surefire

They acted like mine was the only one they had ever heard of blowing in a short time and acted like they were doing me a "courtesy" as well.  Being an engineer and understanding the bathtub curve of product failure, I think their CS dept is a little clueless.  A brand new bulb failing is a defect, not a maintenence issue.  The "doing you a favor" attitude kind of ticked me off a little, when I had my two replaced.  Of course, they didn't ask me to mail in the dead ones, so how do they know I wasn't just ripping them off for new bulbs?  At least I didn't have to pay out shipping costs each time.

Either way, I got my working bulb (finally, after two duds), so I'm happy.  I don't trust it yet for when the going gets tough as it could die again in a critical time, but I'm happy enough and will come to trust it over more time.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I kinda got that impression as well, but I hope the bulb doesnt crap out on me again........

Quoted:

Quoted:

They acted like mine was the only one they had ever heard of blowing in a short time and acted like they were doing me a "courtesy" as well.  Being an engineer and understanding the bathtub curve of product failure, I think their CS dept is a little clueless.  A brand new bulb failing is a defect, not a maintenence issue.  The "doing you a favor" attitude kind of ticked me off a little, when I had my two replaced.  Of course, they didn't ask me to mail in the dead ones, so how do they know I wasn't just ripping them off for new bulbs?  At least I didn't have to pay out shipping costs each time.

Either way, I got my working bulb (finally, after two duds), so I'm happy.  I don't trust it yet for when the going gets tough as it could die again in a critical time, but I'm happy enough and will come to trust it over more time.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:14:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I kinda got that impression as well, but I hope the bulb doesnt crap out on me again........

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top