Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2009 2:11:01 AM EDT
Thought I'd share a project that my 19 year old just finished. While many guys his age seems to be interested in face jewelry or having their favorite image tattooed on their bodies, this one spends that time and effort creating works like this one
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:10:31 AM EDT
[#1]
That's awsome!   I've always wanted to learn knife/swordmaking.  He's a lucky young man.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:36:08 AM EDT
[#2]
What grade of steel did he use?  That tanto point looks menacing!!  Probably go right through a cinderblock with that point.   Sweet knife!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:56:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, I will pass on the kind words
I have no idea which alloy he used, he's all the time doing stuff like this when I don't have him on other things...and I stay out of his way when he is in his zone. This was a knife he made for a friend of the family that is a fed air marshal, who used to be special forces. They trade out work for gadgets now and then, and I just took this picture before it ended up gone.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#4]
That is a very nice knife.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:16:47 AM EDT
[#5]

NICE!!  Tell him to keep it up and one day he may make a living doing something he loves.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:13:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Cool design

Monk
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:26:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Very nice work!  For a 19yr old that's 10/10!

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:38:28 AM EDT
[#8]
You should consider setting up a small forge for him if you have the room.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:51:00 PM EDT
[#9]

It is mighty dangerous looking.

I get the feeling this is a CNC piece, very symmetric and the logo looks engraved, not stamped.

I plan on integrating the precision machines I have acquired into my future knives, to date they have all been freehand.

It is a gift to manual makers that you can't look at both sides at the same time!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It is mighty dangerous looking.

I get the feeling this is a CNC piece, very symmetric and the logo looks engraved, not stamped.

I plan on integrating the precision machines I have acquired into my future knives, to date they have all been freehand.

It is a gift to manual makers that you can't look at both sides at the same time!

He did it all on manual equipment, which includes the most basic of hand tools. The engraving was in fact computer controlled, as it is the same equipment we do SBRs and lots of other projects
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:17:44 PM EDT
[#11]

I meant no harm.

Anyone who has the passion to make stuff like this is a kindred spirit of mine.

He diid sharpen it by hand, right?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top