Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 12:10:43 PM EDT
What is the maximum age a person can shoot till, Is there a limit to which an FAC will be granted?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:17:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I know a 87yr old with one.

And a sex change case...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I know a 87yr old with one.

And a sex change case...

A he to she, or a she to he?

I'm not looking for any extra marital s€x, I'm just geniunely curious.

BTW. at the club that I shoot with there are a few in thier early 80's. until they had fitted scope's they wern't hitting the barn, but now they are right on tgt.

Tony
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#3]
A he to a she.

With a friend that is neither by the looks of it....
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#4]
our eldest member won second place in our club comp..

i also know of a he/she ticket holder..

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:57:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
A he to a she.

With a friend that is neither by the looks of it....

We had an ex RAF serviceman who worked with us return as a civvy and as a Woman.
I was the shop steward and there was hell to pay over which changing room it could use.

In the end we called it.....with an engineers twist

"Shim"

Taffy
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I would hazzard a guess that it would be health dependant.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

it was...

"shim's" health was dependant on keeping mouth shut in male dominated environment.

Taffy
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, I've got a medical 'restriction' in my FAC file. As I have athritis I have to satisfy the FEO I can can withstand shooting anything bigger than a .22.

ANdy

Is that a "Big Girls" Licence

Taffy

BTW is shot 22lr the day before yesterday and I'm still paying the price....I can't wait for this damned opp.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:56:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I have just been reminded that the health dependance notion seems to have a glitch... ...

The missus just pointed out a farmer I know in his 80's, can barely walk, but still has an SMLE that he pops away with.....

Then again, I suspect he has never been to the doctors in his life and shouldn't be driving to boot..

Mad old devil!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

"Shim"

Taffy

Am I probably the only person on this board, other than you, to get this? Seeing as Chemaine is a Welsh name and is most often shortened to Chim, or did you do it for whole other reasons?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:31:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Shim"

Taffy

Am I probably the only person on this board, other than you, to get this? Seeing as Chemaine is a Welsh name and is most often shortened to Chim, or did you do it for whole other reasons?

Wow, that was too deep for me (no pun intended ), I thought Taffy was just  referring to Shims, as in washers  (engineering ?)

I was out shooting at Whittington yesterday morning, 90% of attendees were OAP......
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:48:56 AM EDT
[#14]
I know a he that became a shim.

As I don't live in the UK anymore I was well out of touch, I was amazed when I was out shopping and some woman spoke to me using my christian name to boot, so we were having a chat when my sister came and dragged me off, under the pretence that I had to have a look at something or other. She was wise enough to wait till we'd got out of ear shot before she told me what the form was. I was gobsmacked to say the least, I'd sat next to 'shimmy' for a few year's at school. Each to their own I guess.

What with all of the optical sight's that one can buy and bi-pod's, I don't really think zhat it make's any difference how old someone is, I know that I want to shoot right up till my death.

If I get Alzheimer's then I'll probably forget that I have gun's, I suppose that that is better than getting Parkinson's, and breakdancing around the range. I know that it is nothing to laugh at, and I'm not making fun of peep's who suffer from either.

We too will get old, and I want to be able to enjoy my sport for as long as I can. Life is rather ironic, I can still remember being told as a kid that I was to young to be able to do most thing's that I wanted to, the last thing that I want, is somebody telling me that I'm to old, past it, over the hill.

Toe
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:09:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have just been reminded that the health dependance notion seems to have a glitch... ...

The missus just pointed out a farmer I know in his 80's, can barely walk, but still has an SMLE that he pops away with.....

He probably still thinks there's a war going on and the Geeermans are at the bottom of his garden!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:15:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Don't think they made it this far North, he was in the Merchant Navy and still goes after wabbits with it....... only from the porch though!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Don't think they made it this far North, he was in the Merchant Navy and still goes after wabbits with it....... only from the porch though!

Jesus....serious overkill, Wabbits with an smle
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#19]
That is serious overkill, say's he who once took a squirrel with a .308 win. with a head shot. All that, just to prove to the hunt owner that I could hit what I was aiming at.

VAPORIZED!!! and that at 100m's + while it was collecting nut's off the ground.

Toe

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top