Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2004 5:37:36 AM EDT
I have seen some handguns marked as C&R by the BATF, do I still need a NYC pistol permit and approval from the dept. to buy them or is a C&R license good enough for compliance?

Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:49:40 AM EDT
[#1]
No, you must have a handgun license and the pistol must be on the license before it is delivered to you.  Assuming that is unless you are a police officer and intend on putting it on your badge.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No, you must have a handgun license and the pistol must be on the license before it is delivered to you.  Assuming that is unless you are a police officer and intend on putting it on your badge.

How do you get around the NYSP regulation that an FFL with a NYS Handgun Dealer's License must receive the handgun into NYS?  All handguns in NYS (including PD handguns) are registered and tracked by the NYSP registration system.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I might have bad information then, but when you put it in on your permit they have it registered at the sheriff's department or your issuing authority, and this information is sent to the state police in Albany.  I would hold off doing anything until this is confirmed by an attorney, maybe Aimless could chime in.  I apologize if I have this wrong, but that was what I was told when I made some inquiries regarding this and came to the conclusion it just wasn't worth it and would do the transfer through my locla FFL.  That way I could also inspect the firearm before putting it on my permit and if it had to go back I wouldn't have to amend my permit again to remove it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 12:24:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I might have bad information then, but when you put it in on your permit they have it registered at the sheriff's department or your issuing authority, and this information is sent to the state police in Albany.  

I think the issue is if you don't amend your permit there won't be a record of it entering the state.  I think the only one who can answer the question is the NYSP Pistol Permit Division in Albany.

Here is Century Arms shipping policy to NYS.

NEW YORK CUSTOMERS: We will ship C&R and used handguns to 01 FFL licensees only. A copy of your State Handgun Dealers License must be on file. NY City Dealers must have the appropriate city licenses, No Ammunition Sales to NY City. Check for other Local & State laws before ordering.

BTW, anything new on the NY Senate .50 legislation?  TIA
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#5]
got a letter a couple days ago from my state senator. She said there was no sponsor in the senate for the senate version of the ban and that the house version that passed got recalled back to comittee or something like that

Quoted:
BTW, anything new on the NY Senate .50 legislation?  TIA

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:36:11 AM EDT
[#6]
No, haven't heard anything... I'll make another phone call and see if anybody knows.  My biggest fear is that this will become one of the 3-500 bills that will get passed on the last two days of session when nobody is paying attention.  Then again this is a vote that could hurt upstate Republicans, so maybe not.  I wish I had a better idea, I'm just glad I didn't invest $7,000 in one of these bad boys only to face the prospect of losing it.  But hey, its for the children!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:27:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks HR & sharky.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top