Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
9/17/2020 5:59:48 PM
Posted: 4/24/2013 6:08:03 PM EDT
Talk about flipping off the historically significant industries in CT.  This guy's a gem!

http://www.courant.com/news/politics/hc-gun-companies-0416-2-20130415-1,0,138898.story

rome
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 6:17:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Cabinetman:
Talk about flipping off the historically significant industries in CT.  This guy's a gem!

http://www.courant.com/news/politics/hc-gun-companies-0416-2-20130415-1,0,138898.story

rome

He's a special kind of stupid
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 6:29:25 PM EDT
Haha read the comments
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 6:41:55 PM EDT
I hope these gun manufacturers just give us a chance to kick him out before leaving.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:35:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/24/2013 9:35:59 PM EDT by HalfTheBattle]
We burned effigies of King George III for less than what Maolloy is doing to this state. Given the current political climate though, burning an effigy of Maolloy could have some dire consequences.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:38:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Thisright:
I hope these gun manufacturers just give us a chance to kick him out before leaving.

Me too. If we re-elect that scumbag then I don't blame them one bit for leaving, but I hope they at least give us a chance to turn this all around. The chairman does not speak for me or any of my friends, and come next election he will hopefully speak for no-one but himself.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 1:58:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/25/2013 1:59:15 AM EDT by Pain]
There is no way Ma-Ma-Malloy will win the governors chair next year. No way.
If all the pistol guys and hunters vote he is toast in the election.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 2:27:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Pain:
There is no way Ma-Ma-Malloy will win the governors chair next year. No way.
If all the pistol guys and hunters vote he is toast in the election.

Not to mention he's at the disadvantage of not being able to ride on 0bama's coattails. LIVs generally show up in far fewer numbers during mid-term elections, and given the overall dissatisfaction with Dumb Danny's leadership, I'd say he's toast.

The big question to me is whether or not the next governor will make any attempt to turn all of this mess around. I suppose that largely depends on what kind of legislature we end up with, but at the very least, maybe we can hope that our next governor will not defend the new gun law when it inevitably goes to court.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 3:00:44 AM EDT
Our only prayer for reversing this shit is the courts, the legislature passed it 2:1.  There is no way any governor or voting on our part is going to overcome that.  Having the right governor would certainly help.  I don't have much faith in someone new being much of an advocate for us though.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 3:32:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/25/2013 3:33:27 AM EDT by HalfTheBattle]
Originally Posted By milecreekmustang:
Our only prayer for reversing this shit is the courts, the legislature passed it 2:1.  There is no way any governor or voting on our part is going to overcome that.  Having the right governor would certainly help.  I don't have much faith in someone new being much of an advocate for us though.

That's why I hope we have a governor who will not defend it in court. The legislature bypassed the will of the people and the US constitution when they passed this law, so we now need the courts to overrule the legislature. The unfortunate thing is that it will probably take many years for this to reach the courts, but hopefully we won't have a leftist governor wasting our tax dollars defending this thing in vain when it comes down to that.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 4:17:19 AM EDT
THis guy sure is delusional
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 6:40:20 AM EDT
You need a viable candidate first . No one has stepped up yet.

'We' could end up electing the dolt we know versus the dolt 'we' don't.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 6:43:29 AM EDT
D-D-D-Douche!
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 6:47:20 AM EDT
Doesn't surprise me he shook hands with the one. So he thinks he has political street cred now.  What he doesn't know is that they are done with him now and moving on to the next big thing.  Which doesn't involve him or the families of Sandy Hook anymore.   As the emotions start to subside and reality sets in they will have to find the next one to stir up the emotion to forward their agenda on a national level. The families and the Governor will be marginalized and touted out for success when needed otherwise they have served their purpose for the president's agenda.  They will no longer share the stage with him and he will continue to use their children for his purpose. Wait till they pick up the phone and try and call there will only be an empty chair on the other end.   The only hope is that this changes the U.S. Senate and things in the state in our favor to put him behind the curve and once and for all have the Majority in both houses to prevent him from moving his agenda.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:00:10 AM EDT

Who's this guy?

Last, First:
MALLOY, BENJAMIN MATTHEW  

Birth Year: 1987

Statute
DescriptionClassTypeOccOffense DatePleaVerdict FindingVerdict DateFineFee(s)
53a-134Attempt To Commit Robbery 1st DegBFelony13/3/2009GuiltyGuilty9/30/2009$0.00$0.00
Sentenced: 10 Years Jail, Execution Suspended, Probation 5 Years

StatuteDescriptionClassTypeOccOffense DatePleaVerdict FindingVerdict DateFineFee(s)
21a-277(b)Sale Of Controlled SubstanceUFelony111/7/2007GuiltyGuilty9/30/2009$0.00$0.00
Sentenced: 3 Years Jail, Execution Suspended, Probation 5 Years
21a-277(b)Sale Of Controlled SubstanceUFelony111/7/2007GuiltyProbation Terminated2/14/2012$0.00$0.00

DAD did a great job at keeping crime out of the community huh?

Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:34:51 AM EDT
Who's this guy?

You mean this guy?
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 10:44:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By LibertyUberAlles:

Who's this guy?

You mean this guy?

Hm, he must've managed to get the charges dropped on that one and probably several others.

Anyway, wasn't Dannel Malloy involved in a bunch of financial scandels in the 90's when he was mayor of Stamford?
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 3:19:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By LibertyUberAlles:
Who's this guy?

You mean this guy?

Hm, he must've managed to get the charges dropped on that one and probably several others.

Anyway, wasn't Dannel Malloy involved in a bunch of financial scandels in the 90's when he was mayor of Stamford?

How do you think he made his money?  

Link Posted: 4/26/2013 8:56:34 AM EDT
Notice no fines either.
Top Top