Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2006 1:32:30 PM EDT
So who's going? And what AR-15 deals might I expect to find? I am taking my Ruger Mod 77 stainless in .243 in hopes of trading with a little boot to make it even.

I am looking to pick up my FIRST AR-15, probably a Bushmaster or Rock River Arms standard A2 model, although I want the A3 sight that RRA puts on as standard in that model. I have read a lot of posts and looked (drooled, really!!) at the photos for several weeks now. I just got a bonus at work and am eager to spend it on catching BRD!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:14:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there on Saturday. Got to get some cheap AMMO for my new AR.

Don't forget to go to Crossroad's website and print up the coupon!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Lucky you! You already have yours!

Thanks for the info on the coupon.

Say I went to Rio Salado today, there was a guy there that had a .50 cal upper for his AR! Mega giant muzzle brake-- every time he triggered a round you could FEEL the concussion all the way back to the desk!! He also had several silenced weapons, including another AR in .223. Must be nice to have the money for such nice toys!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Say I went to Rio Salado today, there was a guy there that had a .50 cal upper for his AR! Mega giant muzzle brake-- every time he triggered a round you could FEEL the concussion all the way back to the desk!! He also had several silenced weapons, including another AR in .223. Must be nice to have the money for such nice toys!

HUMMM intresing,  You need to hang with the DMG sometime
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:18:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yeah, those .50 cals definitely send out a concussion.  It sure would be nice to have that money!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:04:17 AM EDT
[#5]
where in the valley could I find one of the HAKKO Tacpoint red dots, or a rail system for an AR carbine
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#6]
There are a few of places I can think of off the top of my head that would have rail systems:

Ameetec Arms
Shooters World
Pistol Parlor
Scottsdale Gun Club

They are listed in my order of preference. Call Scott or Warren at Ameetec and they will take care of you.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:23:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There are a few of places I can think of off the top of my head that would have rail systems:

Ameetec Arms
Shooters World
Pistol Parlor
Scottsdale Gun Club

They are listed in my order of preference. Call Scott or Warren at Ameetec and they will take care of you.

+1
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:23:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
where in the valley could I find one of the HAKKO Tacpoint red dots, or a rail system for an AR carbine

Pistol Parlour in Mesa stocks a bunch of that rail nonsense!  I don't know about the Tacpoint.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:23:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll be there Saturday as soon as it opens.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I will try to get there sunday
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll be there sunday when it opens
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:54:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Will they have any PS90's in PINK?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pistol Parlour in Mesa stocks a bunch of that rail nonsense!  I don't know about the Tacpoint.

I was in Caswell's Saturday and they had a bunch of that tactical junk on their wall.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:34:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was in Caswell's Saturday and they had a bunch of that tactical junk on their wall.

I'd rather eat cat shit with a knitting needle than give those leaches any of my money!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:06:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I will have your AR at the show  it will be  rock river upper and a Ameetec lower m4  new  $850.00 at  JPS
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:52:59 PM EDT
[#16]
im thinking about attending, it just gets fraustrating sometimes because a lot of the dealer's prices seem to be inflated at gunshows...and then theres always admission, but its a fun way to spend a day.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#17]
One of the Ammo suppliers in my old state will be at the gun show. Originally, I was going to do an online order from them, but their system was down.  Also, it was going to be $10 for shipping. There name is Ammo Bros.  They do a lot of reloads, but have great prices on Wolf especially .223.  

I figure, I'd rather spend $20 in gas going to the show and the admission price cause then I can buy more than just ammo.

Still looking for an AK with either a Milled receiver or 1.6mm Stamped Receiver with wood furniture? Sounds like the gun dealer's prices will be inflated there!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd rather eat cat shit with a knitting needle than give those leaches any of my money!

Gee, markm, don't hold back so much. Tell us how you REALLY feel!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:26:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Is the price of 7.62x39 back to normal yet?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
My wife and I are coming all the way from Vegas to go to the show on Saturday.

Drive 5 hours for a gun show, why?

Don't get me wrong, we would love to have you all in our city.

BTW: you stopping in Kingman to see MP5 CHICK?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:32:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:28:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Anyone going to the night shoot Saturday after the show?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:41:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I will have your AR at the show  it will be  rock river upper and a Ameetec lower m4  new  $850.00 at  JPS

Whose?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:31:31 PM EDT
[#25]
I will be there Sat morning. Will meet some friends out there.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:09:01 PM EDT
[#26]
... Remember fellas, this is the weekend that coincides with that "Worlds Biggest Garage Sale" event in the coliseum. Traffic and parking will be the quintessential biotch

... I'll be dragging an AR15 for sale as well
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
... Remember fellas, this is the weekend that coincides with that "Worlds Biggest Garage Sale" event in the coliseum. Traffic and parking will be the quintessential biotch

Is it the same one you have for sale in the EE?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:36:08 PM EDT
[#28]
  If anyone went today,  I'd like to hear your opinions about the show.
Was it anything special?  Anything "must see", or was it just like any other gun show? Also, as previously mentioned, there is another occasion going on out there, so was parking easily obtainable, or shuld I just wait until the next one comes around in April?

Thanks.    
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:56:06 PM EDT
[#29]
It was ok. Some decent deals on ammo (prices are inching up, though), Ken Elmore had what appeared to be like new blemished (weird finish toward the bottom of the mag, like it ran) AR 30-round mags for $5 each.

Parking was a serious PITA, especially when you have to schlep several cases of ammo out to the truck like I did. If you don't care about parking on the north side of the coliseum, use the 19th Ave entrance, otherwise it was like a 20-30 minute cluster f*&^ to get in the McDowell gate.

Quite a bit of air soft, jewelry and other craft crap, but still enough real gun stuff to make it worth the trip. I tripped over more baby strollers than I care to count.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#30]
$18 to get in. $12 entrance - $6 parking. ($17 with a coupon) Bought a $5 LED flashlight & $25 Boker/Magnum SB.  Sucked.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#31]
I enjoyed the show, but I didn't run across any "deal of the century" type deals.  Pretty much a typical show.....

Miwall Ammo Corp ended up with a little over $500 of my money.......   Now I just need to find time to go shooting !

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#32]
1.)  $12 fee just to get it and the $6 parking has suddenly made it not worth my while to get in and pay regular prices for stuff.  It will be my last show.

2.)  As always found decent bulk deals on brand new AR mags.  Bought 20 NIW Okay mags for $10 a peice.  But I can get them for the same price online, and cheaper if you include the damn entrance fees to the show.

3.)  As for the ammo I went to go buy.  I was at the Miwall ammo booth waiting to buy some South African battlepacks, 5 to be exact, and 1000 rounds of Q3131.   I am waiting because the kid behind the counter took forever writing up another customer. Finally the kid says "can I help you" I say "yes could I please take 5 of the South African battlepacks" and glance down at the price. While I had been waiting (maybe 5 minutes), the head guy had remarked the price from 25.95 to 28.95 per battlepack. WTF. I asked the kid if I could get it for the 25.95 price that it was 5 minutes ago when he asked me to wait. The kid says no, that was 5 minutes ago, its now 28.95. f***ing assholes. I just shook my head and walked away without buying any .308 or Q3131.  I went around to the other ammo booths and no one had anything around normal prices.

So its my last show.  I am done with the white trash, havent bathed, vendors who think you are an idiot, over priced parking, and the over priced entrance fees.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:05:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Sold two handguns that we don't use anymore.

Couldn't find the rifle I was looking for. ( I did but the guy was crazy on his price)
Couldn't find the handgun I was looking for. (I did but the guy was very crazy on his price)

Bought 3,000 rounds of ammo for the AR.  (Why does Miwall always end up with significant portions of my cash?)
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:13:23 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
  If anyone went today,  I'd like to hear your opinions about the show.
Was it anything special?  Anything "must see", or was it just like any other gun show? Also, as previously mentioned, there is another occasion going on out there, so was parking easily obtainable, or shuld I just wait until the next one comes around in April?

Thanks.     hr

It was more pricey than I expected to get in. I knew what parking cost already. I got there at 7:30 to avoid the crowds, wound up three rows from the ticket booth!

Saw two Garands in the outside tent I wish I had more money for, both REALLY reasonable shooters at around $600, in very nice shape. There was a bit less of the trash (jewelry, dishes, fishing lures, etc.)  than I expected. Except for a couple of dealers, including Mad Dawg Distributing of Tucson, most AR's and ALL the Colts were over $1000, like to the moon. I would up getting a DPMS 20" Panther Classic from them for $799 with two mags, case, sling and cleaning kit. It is chrome lined and has a chromed bolt carrier. The guy behind the counter said they must have ran out of plain barrels and parkerized BC's, leading me to believe they were a free upgrade. Is that correct?

I also bought 500 rounds of 55gr reman in a GI ammo can for $70.  I can't remember the dealers' name but they had CROWDS around them. They were locatet in the opposite corner from the DPMS dealer.

I saw a lot of nice handguns including one Colt stainless .45 for only $600. Probably the best deal there, as it looked NIB.

Overall, except for the large size, pretty much like every gun show I have been to. I stayed until 3 PM and left tired as Hell!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Went today and it was the same o same o. Same booth's, stuff, and people. I did find a guy selling really nice gun bags. He had assualt rifle style bags that were green and marked usmc or army and M14or M16. Heavy duty, zippered and 5 pockets. He was out of them, but could get more. So I have his card and will stop by his store and get one. $50. I was only looking for M14 stuff this time. 99% of all the mags I found were fake, not USGI. One guy had some used USGI mags for $50 each or 2 for $40. No thanks. I had a VIP card so the net loss for the day was $6. I did not buy anything. Getting the card was woth the $6, these are nice case's. Will post pictures when I get one.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:52:03 PM EDT
[#36]
I went in with all of my hopes and dreams and left with 500 rounds of wolf .223 and a $20 stun gun. I am content.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

please explain the "Garage Sale"?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

please explain the "Garage Sale"?

Bunch of people take their shit to the coliseum in hopes of selling it.  Kind of like a gun show only no guns, just other peoples crap.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:12:20 PM EDT
[#39]
I got a good deal on a Colt 9mm carbine from SAW this weekend
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:45:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Got a xd-45 for about $530 (including taxes and all) and 500 rounds of winchester 45 for $90.  Not too too shabby.  $12 to get in was a joke though, and they didn't even give a  military discount for that shit.  Bastards.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:21:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Damn.... $12 to get in? I'm glad I still have a pile of VIP passes. When those run out, I won't be going anymore. Bad enough to pay $6 to park.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top