Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2003 10:59:46 PM EDT
Spent 5 hours looking at a fraction of the show today.  My feet were worn out and had to leave about 2:30.  Lots of big guns in the SAR building and many of the dealers were kind enough to talk to my buddy and I about this kinky stuff.

An jeez, there must have been a thousand AR15's for sale in every imaginable configuration.  Magpul was there and he gave me the full rundown on his great colapsible AR buttstock.  I had hoped to see a Vltor, but never found them. (could have easily missed it though).

Open tomorrow 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, go get some at the County Fairgrounds & Coleseum, Downtown Phoenix, 19th Av at McDowell (also Grand Ave crosses there).
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:42:10 AM EDT
[#1]
... Was a good show, for one it wasn't extremely crowded as has been in the past. Also, I actually found a couple good deals and snatched them up.

... You buy/buying anything?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 7:37:51 AM EDT
[#2]

My son and I had a great time and it was great seeing everyone.

The SAR building was great. Just wish I had a hundred thousand to blow.

I got some ammo, Lula loader for the AR15/AK47, and a Pelican flashlight.

I also talked with a dealer friend on getting a Springfield 1911 when he gets one in.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:31:54 AM EDT
[#3]
This was my first gun show and I was a little disappointed. Seemed like every table had the same stuff and it was all over priced. The SAR section was also smaller than I thought it would be. They advertised like there would be hundreds of companies. I talked to GSRC for a bit. He has a single-point sling adaptor plate for the FAL but needs to get enough folks interested in it before he can produce it. He was trying to get DSA to buy it.JT had a nice set-up too. I went Friday but had a hard time finding the things I went there for. I only saw Eagle AR lower receivers but they were selling for more than I could buy online even after shipping and transfer fees and the only other receivers I saw were older Cavarms pastel lowers. I did get an excellent deal on target stands. J&G still hadn't opened up when I was there so the only place selling bulk ammo was Miwall. I'm glad I went but after spending $14 to get in, buying ammo at Dillon's or online would have been about the same or cheaper. The SAR show had some great displays and some BIG guns. Lots of nice Class 3 stuff. Did anyone see that guy walking around Friday with the 50BMG on a dolley for $850? He said nothing was wrong with it. I didn't see who made it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:53:11 AM EDT
[#4]
What I thought was cool was a company(dont rember who) that had a full auto Mini-Gun that was shooting BB's Via CO2.  They had a video of it tearing up a TV any one else see that?  Also The SAR building had a some Hotties working the tables.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:01:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What I thought was cool was a company(dont rember who) that had a full auto Mini-Gun that was shooting BB's Via CO2.  They had a video of it tearing up a TV any one else see that?  Also The SAR building had a some Hotties working the tables.

Yes, that was Piper's Precision Products. I grabbed a card from them. That Predator mini-gun clone was pisser.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep thats it.  
Also thought the "Lakeside Machine" Miniature semi auto machine guns were sweet.
www.lakesideguns.com
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 11:18:13 AM EDT
[#7]
The gunshow was great, as usual. I spent the entire day there, from 0900 to 1700 and i didnt get to see everything.

I also spent way more than i had planned, again, as usual.

picked up a nice VEPR II, it was the only one for sale at the whole show.
Robinson arms didnt have any for sale, they were only taking orders with a 6 month wait.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Dang and such!  I was too poor to even afford the entrance fee.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#9]
After shopping for almost a year, we finally bought a safe at the show. Also picked up a bunch of ammo from Miwall and a nice Romanian AK from BearArms.

I'm probably going to have to buy something for my wife this Christmas.

Actually, the AK is for her to do some blasting, so I can do some serious target-shooting with my stuff. Besides, she already bought a Kimber 1911 and a Ruger GP-100 this year.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 3:55:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 3:58:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...the only other receivers I saw were older Cavarms pastel lowers...

Our dealers and us had CAV-15 MKII rifles and receivers there for sale.

How come you all were not in the SAR building?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:01:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh ok!

Thats cool.

Hey what do you charge for FFL tranfers?  Do you all sell striped lowers?  I think im just going to build a AR15 part by part.  Thanks for your offer to sell your own.
Can I buy a coytie Tan butt stock and a CAR foregrip from you all ,and how much?  IM is fine for reply.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I spent all day Friday at the show. Had a great time and picked up my Mark II lower.

Once again I was really impressed with the guys from Magpul and K-Var/Arsenal. They just talked and talked while I listened intently trying to learn as much as possible.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...the only other receivers I saw were older Cavarms pastel lowers...

Our dealers and us had CAV-15 MKII rifles and receivers there for sale.

I must have missed those. I did see a couple dealers selling MKII rifles but no receivers.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
This was my first gun show and I was a little disappointed. Seemed like every table had the same stuff and it was all over priced...

Hotdamn, I got five BEAUTIFUL usgi 30s for $10 each, two thermold 30/45s for $10 each, Surefire MP5 handguard/integral light for $100, and some other really nice reasonably priced stuff.

Most of the good deals are off the beaten path and out of the way.

All in all, I thought it was a GREAT show.  Nice to meet biggame223 and spackler.  I just wish I had more time to chat with them.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:29:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

... Hotdamn, I got five BEAUTIFUL usgi 30s for $10 each ...

... Yes, there were actually deals there this weekend.

(1) I got three for that price.
(2) I also bought a new infrared (IR) laser target designator that can collimate to a flood illuminator. Way cool, went out into the neighborhood Saturday night to play with it in conjunction with my AN-PVS7D goggles. No, the laser wasn;t mounted to "anything" while doing this.
(3) A nice Yankee Hill Machine aluminum, four rail foreguard. Included barrel nut support, and foregrip. Now I got a place to rig the IR laser!
(4) Magpul gave me a decent price on panels for the foreguard.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:06:18 AM EDT
[#18]
having the SAR show in that far building was nice for us attendees because the foot traffic was lower. in years past that other building was hard to get around in. i heard people didn't know that it was even down there. maybe they need big signs up. at any rate, there were definetly deals to be had on friday, haggling over price worked well.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:10:34 AM EDT
[#19]
hey Winston Wolf, i have a question for you (if you'll still talk to me),

on your #2 purchase, that IR laser designator, how many milliwatts is it and can you post a pic? sounds alot like a peq2 being able to adjust the laser beam from pinpoint to flood. what kind of mount is needed for mounting.

did you get that from the guy under the tents towards the back?

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:46:53 AM EDT
[#20]
W.W.

Please give us the scoop on the IR illum.

Thanks

Biggame223

Out
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
hey Winston Wolf, i have a question for you (if you'll still talk to me),

... LOL. No man, I don't hold grudges. Especially on the Internet, I just get cranky from time to time.

Quoted:

... on your #2 purchase, that IR laser designator, how many milliwatts is it and can you post a pic? sounds alot like a peq2 being able to adjust the laser beam from pinpoint to flood. what kind of mount is needed for mounting.

did you get that from the guy under the tents towards the back?

... I picked up a Russian made infrared laser, 835nm (IR) with a 10mW output. It uses one CR123 three-volt battery. You dial in windage and elevation with a small jewelers screwdriver once rigidly mounted.

... I got it from US Night Vision, I believe their booth was in the southern most building. Got it for under $200. No warranty, no markings so I asked to see it through one of their NV pieces. I was amazed at its clarity and sharpness; SOLD. I've got some ideas using its integral 1/4-20 knurled knob for mounting but I'm leaning towards an offset ARMS throw lever mount and machining off, what I'm guessing is a Russian equivalent to a weaver styled mount.

... Sure, I was skeptical but for its price I thought I'd make a cool project out of it. It seems robust, brilliant (using my NV device) and I needed something else to attach to my token "every accessory in the books" M4gery.

... I'll post a photo later.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#22]
USNV are a graet bunch of guys, if you have any problems steve will take care of you. i am a distributor for thier products. if you ever need any NV stuff let me know.
scott.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
USNV are a graet bunch of guys, if you have any problems steve will take care of you. i am a distributor for thier products. if you ever need any NV stuff let me know.
scott.

... I bought it from Steve G.

... He was a stand up guy, quite knowledgable and proud of his wares.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I got 2 IMI Uzi mags from Vector Arms (for my Vector )... And a bunch of T-shirts for Christmas presents.

I wish I had more money to blow..... I saw a bunch of good deals.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:02:13 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This was my first gun show and I was a little disappointed. Seemed like every table had the same stuff and it was all over priced...

Hotdamn, I got five BEAUTIFUL usgi 30s for $10 each, two thermold 30/45s for $10 each, Surefire MP5 handguard/integral light for $100, and some other really nice reasonably priced stuff.

Most of the good deals are off the beaten path and out of the way.

All in all, I thought it was a GREAT show.  Nice to meet biggame223 and spackler.  I just wish I had more time to chat with them.

Great to meet you as well , TopCrest. Too bad we didn't get to talk a little longer, I was hoping to find some of those $10 USGI's but no luck. I did pick up a flipup rear BUIS from GG&G for $80.They told me it was a cosmetic blem but I couldn't tell the difference. I'm going to bring a small cart or something next time to lug ammo back to my pickup.

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#26]

I'm going to bring a small cart or something next time to lug ammo back to my pickup

No kiddin'! I saw some guys with flat carts and thought they were complimentary to use to wheel shit to your car, LOL. That ammo gets heavy.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#27]
I belive Miwall had a few to use for halling out ammo.
Mike
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:39:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Yes, I did see Sinstral at the Cav Arms table in the big building.  Got to fondle one of the new Mk 2 receivers, prety nice!  I like the shorter length (compared to my original Cav 15), will probably swap my oldie for one of the new Mk 2's and pay the extra to get it in the Coyote Tan color.

Saw Dereck from AZEX, searching for some odd magazine in the SAR building at the show as well.

Talked to the Century Arms guys about the broken cast sear in my Century CETME (nice guns if you can keep them running!)

Drooled on a couple M60's, etc.  

My only complaint is that they hold this show, probably the best gun show in Arizona, right before Christmas when I am short on funds.  After shelling out for the SEBR (delivery ???) and other financial stuff, I was there mostly to look and learn.  Could have spent $10,000.

And how come the hours of operation for this 3-day show are posted differently everywhere?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top