Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/8/2005 11:29:59 AM EDT
ANyone know how to kill crickets???? I have an infestation in my garage and they are starting to come into my house. I've tried different bug sprays, but it doesn't work.

HELP ME!!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:49:39 AM EDT
If you don't mind housepets, get a cat. We had a problem with crickets for about 1 week after moving into the house with 2 cats. Those furry little monsters are killing machines when it comes to small things like crickets, scorpions, lizards, moths, small birds, mice, etc. Haven't heard or seen a cricket since then.

If you don't like the idea of having a cat, I'm not sure what to do except maybe call a professional exterminator and set up a schedule for having them come back periodically to make sure the problem doesn't come back.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:50:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2005 12:43:29 PM EDT by TheRedHorseman]
get a fondue set and dip the little bastards in chocolate

crispy, cruchy, think of them as chocolate covered rice crispies, and you'll fix the problem yourself.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:52:54 AM EDT
3 words for you.

Fuel Air Bomb
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:55:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:58:24 PM EDT
They sell them in pet stores, a good start on a side biz.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:20:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:13:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TPichet:
If you don't mind housepets, get a cat. We had a problem with crickets for about 1 week after moving into the house with 2 cats. Those furry little monsters are killing machines when it comes to small things like crickets, scorpions, lizards, moths, small birds, mice, etc. Haven't heard or seen a cricket since then.

If you don't like the idea of having a cat, I'm not sure what to do except maybe call a professional exterminator and set up a schedule for having them come back periodically to make sure the problem doesn't come back.

Acutally I have a cat. He was having a blast with them for a while killing all he could find, but I guess the fun has worn off. Now he just bats them around a little and walks off....

And yea, I've had chocolate covered grasshoppers before, not too bad...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:18:58 AM EDT
My Suggestion...... Full auto BB Gun.......
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:03:02 AM EDT
You need more cats! I can help with this. Hell, add a couple small dogs (I got those too) and youre all set.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:24:47 AM EDT
Geckos are nature's insect population control. Get some Tokay geckos. They're pretty aggresive (as far as geckos go) and get to be a decent size. So they can handle quite a few crickets.

Just let them have free roam of the garage, ... ...until the cat comes up missing.
Top Top