Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/13/2004 4:12:23 PM EDT
Pretty much self explanatory.....

members.shaw.ca/fivelitermustang/holdinitdown.wmv

He's lucky he didn't pick my Bronco for his little outburst. There'd still be grease stains on the side walk from him after I got through with defending myself by running over his *ss.

edited to fix the link...     Dave
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe it's time for a little Strip Cleaning Excersize . . . a sort of hunt, if you will . . .

Dave in Henderson

Carjack ME, dipsh*t! PLEEEEZE!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:39:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Two to the chest one to the head.  Nature needs to kick into overdrive to take care of these motherfuckers.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Alternate title...Why I own guns!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Where on the strip is this?

I'm headed to the SHOT Show in January and would prefer to not have to shoot anyone.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:27:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#8]
It looks like the intersection of Sahara Avenue and Las Vegas Boulevard.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Geezus!

I wonder if any prosecution followed this little stunt...courtesy of this video!!  What a nutjob. You never can tell what the hell you'll see from day to day.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That's exactly where it is. I'm wondering when it took place. The subject mentions that it's *his* corner and has been for ten years. He claims Metro can't move him. I seriously doubt that. If they wanted him gone he'd be gone.

Sometimes though, LE has their hands tied in ways that ordinary citizens do not . . .

Edited for typo

Dave in Henderson
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I wonder WHEN this video was done. Don't we have any Metro on here for some followup?/
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Well.....................he had a lethal weapon that he would have used just once on my vehicle...............
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:04:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

DAMN!!!! I was at that VERY FUCKING intersection yesterday (Sahara and the Boulevard) DAMN!!!

Man that is some scary shit! I believe that our DA in Clark County, would pass on prosecuting a citizen for using deadly force in that situation...

Where the Hell was Metro? They always saturate that area because it is in the shadow of the Stratosphere and it is only a few blocks from the Naked City.

This video is a perfect example of why citizens need to fend for themselves... i.e. Obtaining a CCW permit and seeking higher levels of training other than basic CCW training.

As we all know the police usually show up 85% of the time only to be a mop-up crew.

Thank God that Friggin' nut wasn't at that intersection when I was there yesterday. I guess I do have an angel on my shoulder for not being in the car he attacked.... On the other hand, maybe HE is the one with the angel on His shoulder because he didn't choose me.......

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Where the Hell was Metro? They always saturate that area because it is in the shadow of the Stratosphere and it is only a few blocks from the Naked City.

I'm sure Metro was there pretty damn quick. It looks like the whole incident only lasted a few seconds though, so it would have been pure luck if they caught it in the act.

That's all the more reason to take responsibilty for your own security. If that POS did want to kill someone they would have been dead before anyone could have done shit about it unless they were armed.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:20:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I carry a .45 everywhere I go. If I'm dressed, there's a .45 on me somewhere. Sometimes, I take a Tac-Star equipped M'berg 500 in the truck with me as well. This video we're talking about is why I feel that need. I've seen similar stuff out in Henderson. Once, I was at the intersection of Horizon and Boulder on Horizon going toward the K-Mart. Across Boulder, from the car in the front of the wait line, a skinny little fuck with no shirt emerges and runs to the vehicle behind him which is a pickup. He starts swinging on the passenger window when it shatters suddenly. The skinny fuck falls, then gets up and staggers back to his vehicle. The light changes and everyone moves on. It happened so fast that it seemed like only an instant went by. I still wonder, to this day, what actually happened there. Whatever it was, it ain't happening to me or mine.

Dave in Henderson
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:44:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:04:01 PM EDT
[#17]
sent the link to a buddy of mine on Metro. He says he's gonna cruise by and see what's up.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:10:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow.  I think I would've shot that guy 5, maybe 6 times.  Though I seriously doubt how tough he would've been after the first .45 hit him.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:21:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Wow.  I think I would've shot that guy 5, maybe 6 times.  Though I seriously doubt how tough he would've been after the first .45 hit him.

...or when he first saw steel clear the holster!

There was talk in the GD thread about it being staged, like 'Punk'd' or what not. That crowbar or whatever tool just happened to be right there!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:23:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I wouldn't have shot him I would have run his ass over.  What was that a Geo Tracker? about a 1500-2000 pound car? The crackhead asshat probably weighs 180-190.  

Simple physics...
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:27:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Does anybody know when this happened???

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:40:49 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I'm sure Metro was there pretty damn quick. It looks like the whole incident only lasted a few seconds though, so it would have been pure luck if they caught it in the act.

That's all the more reason to take responsibilty for your own security. If that POS did want to kill someone they would have been dead before anyone could have done shit about it unless they were armed.

I agree with you Fingers and please don't think that I was slamming Metro. I was just making the point that they (Metro) are highly visible in that area and I was surprised to see that incident happen the way it did (perhaps the video was staged by a film crew... just a thought).

I will agree with you again by standing by my original point that the police can't be at all places at all times, and that is why citizens need to take personal responsibility for their safety when the police can't always be there when an attack happens.....

I shudder to think what might have happened if the crack induced madman in the video were to drag the driver out of his vehicle and beat him until he was dead.

Scary, very, very scary....

Be Safe.

Joe

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:21:40 AM EDT
[#24]
thats areally funny
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:28:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Where are the normal arfcom detectives??

no tatts (hence no pen time period)

no gold chains or teeth

convienent tire iron

attacked all windows except drivers, and idnt attack driver

bullshit. staged
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:57:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Smells like it was staged. Nothing would be laying around that area that was not chained down.

But if it happened to me  seems like  equal force rule would apply, like a double tap in the chest.
So I wonder....will two rounds of .45 Golden Saber go thru a skinny Crack head ???  Any thoughts on that question ???
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:33:44 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

attacked all windows except drivers, and idnt attack driver

bullshit. staged

Staged, as in Bumfights staged? Just happened to time his cohort's PT Cruiser at the traffic light, so it would be there waiting for him to 'vent his rage?' I think if you appreciate the volume of traffic in that area, it would be difficult.  Bumfights, as i indicated in the other thread, may be located here in Vegas. I know their lawyer is.

Not all of these bangers have tats either. I've repped some motorcycle 'Independents' without a mark on their body (other than road rash).  (borrows liberal hat) you're profiling!!!!!!!

Cracked out, but he may be painfully aware of what crimes he's committing. Maybe he intended to destroy the car, and NOT harm its occupants. The same way burglars flee residences when they hear occupants.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:38:02 AM EDT
[#28]
That dude was playing out for the camera to show how "tough" he was.... Not tough enough to strike an innocent driver but tough enough to attack a blue PT cruiser.

There is no way that scene was staged. There was way too much traffic, traffic on LVBD was moving to smooth and the driver did what probably most people would do...sit there and wait for the worst.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:03:03 AM EDT
[#29]
I say staged, he kept looking over like he was waiting for the PT cruiser to roll into position. I believe if he was in a real rage he would have just turned to the next car when the PT cruiser made the right turn.

Tom

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:13:57 AM EDT
[#30]
I wonder if it was staged because someone would have sacrificed a PT Cruiser. Or it was a stolen car. On the "handy crowbar" - these street thugs often keep such a weapon within arms reach.

Dave in Henderson
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Id have to agree that the crowbar was probably hidden for later use by that hood rat. Ive seen where weapons like knives and firearms have been hidden around areas where pushers work. They dont keep the weapons on them so if the cops jack them up, they dont get an added charge.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah, That's right at the corner of Sahara and LV Blvd. You can see the Bonanza "World's Largest Gift Shop" in the background.I drive through that intersection everyday on my way to work.I never seen that freak.

Semper Fi,
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I never seen that freak.

Because the freaks come out at night!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:46:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Staged or not, it goes to show what can happen and how quickly you can go from driving down the road, minding your own business to life and death struggle. In broad f*cking daylight in front of lots of witnesses no less.

I agree with you Fingers and please don't think that I was slamming Metro.
No worries, no offense taken.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:12:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Would it have been wrong to draw and aim when he started to approach the drivers side window? Much less shoot, when he struck the window?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Would it have been wrong to draw and aim when he started to approach the drivers side window? Much less shoot, when he struck the window?

We actually covered this in CCW class and there are no absolutes.  Generaly, you're considered not in iminent danger until he hits the window on your side of the car.  Outside the car on the same side of the car, he's fair game.  Outside the car on the other side of the car, not a good shoot.

BTW, the lawyer doing this discussion was CA so considered the worst case scenario.  I'm sure in some states, just having the tire tool is enough.

To be sure, get out of the car and then shoot the bastard.

Tj

Ya I saw some talk in the GD thread about how him hitting the drivers side window was considered assault (in Florida), and would have justified shooting. More then likely, after he stuck the car I would have gone for my gun, and when he ran to the drivers window I would have shot...

This isn't really a dupe thread if we make it a discussion about wether or not it would have been a good shoot by Nevada's laws.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

The answer is, "It depends, based upon the totality of the circumstances."

It is easy for us to judge here, as the video can be played and replayed. As a prosecutor, i would show the tape, point out how he appeared to be challenging the driver personally. He didn't actually strike the driver's window, but I would point out the showering of glass, the yelling of slogans in furtherance of his gang "LA CRIPS NIGGA!" and "ROLLIN 60s NIGGA!"  (Incidentally, I wonder if this video happened BEFORE the big roll up on the 60s. You've got dozens of these dudes awaiting trial right as we speak). I would couch it at a minimum AWDW (assault with deadly weapon). If you watch the tape closely, the dude does try to break the driver's window, but it looks like he hit the door pillar.

But as a defense attorney, I would play it and replay it, looking for ways to prove that this was just a PROPERTY crime, and not a crime of violence towards the occupants. (I think that would be a tough sell, but the attempt would need to be made nonetheless).

In the end, the only thing that matters is that the jurors (or investigating officers) see YOUR side of the events, and that you were in fear of death or great bodily harm.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#39]
I suspect the damage to the car would show intent to commit grevious bodily harm.  Intentionally inflicted property damage to the extent he did on an innocent passerby is not excuseable with any reasoning.  This boy is bragging that he is above the law, that metro can't move him.  Hell, I bet he runs as fast as metro shows up.  Pull into the parking lot, call the cops, if he tries to leave detain both him and the  cameraman, with force if necessarty.  IF he attacks then cap the nigga.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:28:16 PM EDT
[#40]
that'll buff out
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:36:21 PM EDT
[#41]
I wonder who was videotaping this crazed rant.  Due to the interview style of the video and even the editing, this does seem staged like bum fights.  That isn't to say that the PT cruiser was in on it.  

The most interesting thing to me about the video is even if it were all a hoax, the surrounding public's reaction is that of and not much else.  It just proves to me that when it comes to self defense, you're on your own.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:12:49 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I wonder who was videotaping this crazed rant.  Due to the interview style of the video and even the editing, this does seem staged like bum fights.  That isn't to say that the PT cruiser was in on it.  

The most interesting thing to me about the video is even if it were all a hoax, the surrounding public's reaction is that of and not much else.  It just proves to me that when it comes to self defense, you're on your own.  

Assuming you subdue the crazy stick man, I think proning out the camera man as an accessory/co-conspirator for Metro wouldn't be TOO out of line
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:07:15 AM EDT
[#43]

I believe I've actually SEEN this animal, frequently, late in the evening; approaching potential clients. Been a few years now, since I no longer have the job requiring me to frequently cross that intersection while working. No more than a handful of  regulars habitually present; obviously low-lifes. Initially wondered about that; concluded they're just part of the landscape, like bugs.......
yet during 4 years on that job I NEVER saw a "sweep"; just occasional traffic enforcement saturation........
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Time for Metro to conduct "Operation Strip Sweep"
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:58:41 PM EDT
[#45]
I keep getting  -- Page not found, both 15 Oct and 14 Oct.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Although the circumstances of each case are different, the foundation of the "letter of the law" can be found here >>>>>> NRS Chapter 200

Read and learn.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#47]
how come nobody helped the pt driver?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#48]
I cant get the link to work...darn
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:04:17 PM EDT
[#49]
double tap.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:05:34 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Quoted:
A so considered the worst case scenario.  I'm sure in some states, just having the tire tool is enough.

To be sure, get out of the car and then shoot the bastard.

Tj

WRONG...if you can safely get out of the car, then you can safely flee on foot from the situation.

NOT A GOOD shoot. I would venture to guess that the only 100%-no-way-you-could-get-busted good shoot would occur when the perp physically dragged you from the vehicle. Remember folks, you must make use of ANY oportunity to escape the situation, and when all of those have failed, and you life is still in IMMINENT danger, should you find your front sight, and fire till slide lock.

Exiting the car and firing is an offensive use of your weapon...NOT GOOD. Use of deadly force in the portection of property (ugly blue car) is NOT justifiable. The perp concentrated on the car itself, and not the driver. Until he turns his attention of the driver of the car, OR one of its passengers, no good shoot can happen.

REMEMBER folks, there was a camera running, and an intersection full of witnesses. if some jerkoff is beating the stuffing out of your car, and you exit, gun in hand, and gun him down, ON CAMERA< IN FRONT OF WITNESSES, it would not be good.

deadly force for vandalism=not justifiable.

I will also assume that being the idiot he is, and in all likelyhood and actual coward...if you exited you car, gun in hand, he would have hi-tailed it. and we arent going to shoot a fleeing perp in the back.

My first instinct would be to yell, "i have a gun, fuck off". dollars to donuts, he splits.

Now if our crackhead decided then to turn his attention to me, the driver, rather than the car itself, the instant he raised his crowbar in my direction....front sight, slide lock. whether my driver window was up or down. He had been warned, he has made the choice to take his crowbar up against a firearm, and i hope he loses.

Remember folks, by owning and carrying firearms, we are obliged to hold ourselves to a higher standard of self control...meaning you blow off the tough guy at the mall, that says "what are you looking at" or the asshole on the freeway that flips you off, then tailgates you for blocks. The first thing we want to do when carrying a firearm is to aviod trouble at ALL COSTS. Our firearms are only for when we have taken all reasonable measures to avoid trouble, yet trouble has us pinned against the wall, fearing for our lives.

period period period.

I pray to God that i never have to use my firearm against another human being, however in the same breath i pray that if i do, he will clear my mind, and steady my hand. If you carry a firearm for personal defense, i suggest you pray the same prayer.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top