Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 2:25:52 PM EDT
Hey guys, im goin ot the UO next year and i think im gonna grab a locker at hte local gun store.  Anyway's i was wonderin about a couple of laws, i heard that yo ucan possess a handgun there at 18, does that mean i can bring the Glock that i convinced my dad into buying with me? (He doesnt use it).  Also if i want to buy a REAL (non cali) lower up there and keep it there what is the process for doing so? If im living in a dorm do i have a way to prove residency of some sorts?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you can bring your Glock. Theoretically you can keep it on campus, although UofO seems to think they are somehow exempt from the same laws that everyone else has to obey and (illegally) ban guns on campus -- you probably don't want to be the one to have to pay to drag them through the courts, so it would be wise to keep it off campus.

Residency is one of those "fluid" things.
If you do a few things to make a gesture that you intend to reside in Oregon, then you are resident.
The most obvious things to do might be looking into swapping you CA driver's license for an OR one, and if you bring up a car, think about registering it in OR .. I don't know how long/expensive the registration process is, but my guess is that you would still end up better off -- the tags are $30 for 2 years here. Of course if you want to ever take it permanently back to CA you would have to re-register it there, which might not be cheap.

Once "resident" you just walk into a gun shop and hand over money and ID (driver's license), fill out the ATF forms, wait for the instant check call to go through, and walk out with your lower.

Alternatively, you can skip the residence part and just do a private purchase of the lower. There is certainly someone on this boeard who might have what you want.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:41:56 PM EDT
[#2]
UO????  What are you a hippie or something?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Coming from California UO is like the uber right wing so dont even try to say im a hippy hah.  Looks like i'll be doing a private party transfer when i get up there! haha.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:16:01 PM EDT
[#4]
"UO???? What are you a hippie or something?"

WTH?  My wife and I both went there, and also my son is a UofO grad.....  Are you callin me a hippie?  

Eat a Beaver, Save a tree......
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:41:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Eat Beaver and cut a trees down......

Both are on earth for our amusment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top