Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 1/11/2008 6:10:28 AM EDT
Going there in April. Taking my wife to "Dogtown" in Kanab. Hey, she goes to shooting stuff with me so we'll do something she likes---animals.

**Where is beer sold in Utah? Convenience stores, state run stores, etc.

**I believe my Tennessee CCW is good in Utah, correct?

We've never been out west so this will be interesting. We intend to spend one day sightseeing, probably a national park or similar.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 7:05:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 8:34:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Beer is sold in stores but it is 3.2%. If you want real beer run over to Fredonia AZ right on the border. Used to be a cool bar there many years ago.

You will find that one day in that area is only going to make you want to come back and spend more time down there. It is like no place you have ever seen.

Enjoy
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#3]
If you want anything other than beer, there is a state liquor store on 1st South.

Utah (and Arizona) recognize the CCW licenses of every other state.

There is lots of great stuff to see:  Zions, Glen Canyon and the Grand Canyon (North Rim).  If you have not seen the Grand Canyon before, don't miss it.  

National Parks ban firearms, except those in vehicles that are "rendered temporarily inoperable or are packed, cased or stored in a manner that will prevent their ready use."
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Kanab?  There is plenty to do around there.  I would say run for Lake Powell.  You can listen to the coyotes at night and most likely catch all the stripers you could eat.  We typically stop in Kanab the night before we hit Powell.  If you don't know what I'm talking about you need to check it out.  Basically it is the lower end of the Grand Canyon flooded to create a lake.
Link Posted: 1/16/2008 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#5]
height=8
Quoted:
If you have not seen the Grand Canyon before, don't miss it.  

ABSOULTELY!  I damned near bawled when I sat on the North Rim and looked down.  Anyone who tries to describe the grandeur of that experience through the written word or even photographs is a fool and deserves to have their head stomped on.  ( Exaggeration....sort of.....)

I love Utah, having lived on the Wasatch Front and in Iron County, and in the Uintah Basin.  Someday I will live in Deseret permanently.
Link Posted: 1/17/2008 5:16:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
*snip*
You can listen to the coyotes at night and most likely catch all the stripers you could eat.

Just wave a $20, you can catch a whole pile of them that way!!!

Awww damn.... you said stripers.... somehow saw an extra 'p' in there.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 7:12:50 PM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
*snip*
You can listen to the coyotes at night and most likely catch all the stripers you could eat.

Just wave a $20, you can catch a whole pile of them that way!!!

Awww damn.... you said stripers.... somehow saw an extra 'p' in there. the coyote will cost alot more then 20$ to take you to kanab, wait.... are we talking about wildlife?
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top