Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2012 7:38:40 AM EDT
My Dad's birthday is in a week and I suggested my Mom by him a membership.

I know it is $100 initiation plus $150 per year with 16 hours of work.  

Is there still an option to forgo the work and be charged an extra $50 or is it all or nothing now?

Can I go and sign him up without him being there if I have all is info or does he have to be there?

Since we are half way through the year and the membership will be pro rated, how do they handle the work hours at this point?

Thanks...
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My Dad's birthday is in a week and I suggested my Mom by him a membership.

I know it is $100 initiation plus $150 per year with 16 hours of work.  

Is there still an option to forgo the work and be charged an extra $50 or is it all or nothing now?

Can I go and sign him up without him being there if I have all is info or does he have to be there?

Since we are half way through the year and the membership will be pro rated, how do they handle the work hours at this point?

Thanks...

I believe that its $50 per 8 hours not worked so if you don’t work at all the renewal is $150 plus $100 for no worked time so $250
Not sure about signing him up without him being there because they will want to take his picture
The membership is prorated per quarter, not sure of the amount (think it would be $75 since there is two quarters left to the year) but it will be prorated. He will also need to be a current NRA member.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#2]
The first year, the work time is irrelevant. The fee of $250.00 is required (before prorated) the first year. They would need to get their work hours in before Jan 1013, in order to get credit for next year's fees. If they choose to not work, the can just pay the $250.00 yearly fee, and walk away.

I'm sure if you have all of the information, including proof of NRA membership, they would let you pay, but prior to getting a key, He would have to be present to get his photo taken for the mandatory ID. Which is required to be on club property. Like said above, it is prorated quarterly.

The office is open 8:00 am - 12:00 pm on Wednesday & Saturday, for tours & joining. Just pull up to the gate, and press the button on the keypad, & someone will buzz you in. Follow the road in to the flag & huge artillery rounds, that is the office.

Any more ???'s , let me know, & I'll try & help you.

Brian
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 9:01:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The first year, the work time is irrelevant. The fee of $250.00 is required (before prorated) the first year. They would need to get their work hours in before Jan 1013, in order to get credit for next year's fees. If they choose to not work, the can just pay the $250.00 yearly fee, and walk away.

I'm sure if you have all of the information, including proof of NRA membership, they would let you pay, but prior to getting a key, He would have to be present to get his photo taken for the mandatory ID. Which is required to be on club property. Like said above, it is prorated quarterly.

The office is open 8:00 am - 12:00 pm on Wednesday & Saturday, for tours & joining. Just pull up to the gate, and press the button on the keypad, & someone will buzz you in. Follow the road in to the flag & huge artillery rounds, that is the office.

Brian

Last couple of time I was down they were either having trouble with the buzz in or the old guys just didn't feel like doing it...

When I came in, there were a few guys at the gate trying to get in to join, I had them follow me to the admin office and I got them taken care of...  

Also, had a few wonder in and ask me how to join as no one answered, again I explained everything, took them into the admin building and got them taken care of...

Link Posted: 7/16/2012 4:58:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.

Looks like my Dad and I are going to go this Saturday morning to sign him up!
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Brian

Last couple of time I was down they were either having trouble with the buzz in or the old guys just didn't feel like doing it...

When I came in, there were a few guys at the gate trying to get in to join, I had them follow me to the admin office and I got them taken care of...  

Also, had a few wonder in and ask me how to join as no one answered, again I explained everything, took them into the admin building and got them taken care of...

Wish you were there when I tried to sign up...

Went back around 8:45 am and got ran off by a fat old guy with a Nam' hat on because I wasn't a member and wasn't allowed to be back there, so I just left. Not sure if ill join. I wasn't being a dick or disrespectful, didn't call for being treated like shit.
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brian

Went back around 8:45 am and got ran off by a fat old guy with a Nam' hat on because I wasn't a member and wasn't allowed to be back there, so I just left. Not sure if ill join. I wasn't being a dick or disrespectful, didn't call for being treated like shit.

Well, I can't change his actions, but I will say I'm sorry for that...  Please, don't let one or two old curmudgeons make the rest of us and the club look bad...  99.9% of the people that I have encountered or met though the club has been standup guys....  Over the years I've enjoyed the clubs resources and had some really great times there...  Several ties I've went down there and chatted with folks I've never met before for more time than I got to shoot...

Did you tell the guy you were looking to join up?  I'm by no means excusing his actions, but I've heard rumors of them having several folks try and sneak themselves or others in over the last few months...  

He should have identified himself then politely asked who you where and if you were wanting to join up and then showed you to the Admin building...  Thats what most members would do...

I may be able to meet you down there in a few weeks and get you joined up if ya like...  Hate to put ya off that long, but I work through the week and I have plans the next two weekends...

Again, sorry for the shitty treatment...  That is not the norm from the greater majority of members...

Link Posted: 7/16/2012 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Brian

Well, I can't change his actions, but I will say I'm sorry for that...  Please, don't let one or two old curmudgeons make the rest of us and the club look bad...  99.9% of the people that I have encountered or met though the club has been standup guys....  Over the years I've enjoyed the clubs resources and had some really great times there...  Several ties I've went down there and chatted with folks I've never met before for more time than I got to shoot...

Did you tell the guy you were looking to join up?  I'm by no means excusing his actions, but I've heard rumors of them having several folks try and sneak themselves or others in over the last few months...  

He should have identified himself then politely asked who you where and if you were wanting to join up and then showed you to the Admin building...  Thats what most members would do...

I may be able to meet you down there in a few weeks and get you joined up if ya like...  Hate to put ya off that long, but I work through the week and I have plans the next two weekends...

Again, sorry for the shitty treatment...  That is not the norm from the greater majority of members...

First thing I said was I was looking to become a member, then he goes off, I'm sure it was a isolated incident but it made me rethink joining the club then I got laid off so the funds for club membership are gone till middle of next month.

I appreciate the offer of meeting me down there and helping me get joined up. I will message you and work around your schedule if I decide to join.
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 3:57:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brian

First thing I said was I was looking to become a member, then he goes off, I'm sure it was a isolated incident but it made me rethink joining the club then I got laid off so the funds for club membership are gone till middle of next month.

I appreciate the offer of meeting me down there and helping me get joined up. I will message you and work around your schedule if I decide to join.

Thats cool...   Just le me know...  I'll be glad to do it...

Here to hopin ya get back to work fast....  

Link Posted: 7/16/2012 4:10:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Brian

Thats cool...   Just le me know...  I'll be glad to do it...
Here to hopin ya get back to work fast....  

Thanks, was only out of work a few weeks but working on building back my savings and other priorities first.
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#10]
There are a few old curmudgeons but don't let them discourage you.

ARPC is an excellent range with full plate of options to work with. It's about as modern as it can get and the board works consistently to improve the facilities.

Once you get signed up and start receiving the monthly newsletter you'll begin to appreciate all the work the curmudgeons have done to make ARPC the best private range around.

I've shot on a few private and public ranges and I'd rather spend the time at ARPC. Much safer!!! Much cleaner!!! Way better organized.

I've brought 'guests' to the range many times and we were always welcomed and treated respectfully by the staff and other shooters.

It's a great place to watch & learn and a great place to get involved in any one of the many shooting disciplines that occur there on a regularly scheduled basis.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top