Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2010 7:46:26 PM EDT
WTF?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Limited-LaRue-RIS-Metal-Body-Tokyo-Marui-Airsoft-M4-/120606242110?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c14b1353e#ht_3733wt_742

looks like some serious patent infringement.  Also looks like some of that crap that can actually be made functional...... to a degree.  I think there was a big dust-up about these a few months ago.

brian

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 9:27:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought China had a Most Favored Nation status?  Don't upset the teacart.  Those in DC are on it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
WTF?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Limited-LaRue-RIS-Metal-Body-Tokyo-Marui-Airsoft-M4-/120606242110?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c14b1353e#ht_3733wt_742

looks like some serious patent infringement.  Also looks like some of that crap that can actually be made functional...... to a degree.  I think there was a big dust-up about these a few months ago.

brian

If not patent infringement (possibly on their rail lock patent), then trademark infringement, absolutely.  It has LaRue's name printed on the rail, and I assume at that price it isn't a real LaRue rail...  and the lower receiver has LaRue's name and logo on it...  and if that's a genuine AR lower then they could be in big trouble for selling it on eBay like that...
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 11:43:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
WTF?

brian

Every time you see something like that just click on "Report listing" and fill out the online form and Ebay will check it out and remove it.

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#5]
If that lower can be made into a real firearm, they its illegal and a serious federal offense.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 4:57:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it real?  Obviously not.  The 2 most obvious things to me are the full auto markings which do not occur on the real deal and the apparent lack of a flared/beveled magwell - at least that I can tell from the pics, not to mention the $219 price tag.

It would be interesting to get Mark LaRue's thoughts.  Mark, you here?

I'd bet the $219 price of admission that this lower could be made functional.  Will I try it?  Fuck no.  Do I want a LaRue lower?  Hell yes!  But I'm not slinging out ANY money for some ChiCom knockoff, illegal piece of shit.

That really ought to get shut down, even if it does make me a grumpy old man.

Brian

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#7]
no autosear hole no care.  if i was larue i'd care quite a bit.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Does it come with the same good 'ol chicom DIRRO Dust  

Sorry I couldnt contain myself

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#9]
contains 89% melamine, 14% lead and 54% msg.
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 11:51:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does it come with the same good 'ol chicom DIRRO Dust  

Sorry I couldnt contain myself

Now that's funny...
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'd bet the $219 price of admission that this lower could be made functional.  Will I try it?  Fuck no.  Do I want a LaRue lower?  Hell yes!  But I'm not slinging out ANY money for some ChiCom knockoff, illegal piece of shit.

Not a chance in hell. Look at the buffer tube. Even if you cut that off, bored it out, threaded it, and screwed in a real buffer tube, you'd still have a HUGE amount of things that just won't work. No chance it could be changed to fire real ammo.

Let the kids have their toys, there are more important things to bitch about, like the knockoff Larue mounts that WILL fit on real guns and ARE being passed off as the real thing for real prices at gun shows.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top