Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 2:56:37 PM EDT
It would probably drive them nuts, every year they could simply change the name of their company

making the doj constantly update thier list.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Better yet: Manufacturer each and every lower with a different model number (i.e., Model 1, Model 2, etc.), each with serial number 0001.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#2]
It's probably easier said than done.  I'm sure there's some ATF stuff involved, not to mention customers in the U.S. would probably gripe.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:47:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I am pretty sure that new models need to be inspect and tested by an outside source to make they are both safe and legal (for example, that by removing a screw it becomes a machine gun (a la the Ruger 10/22 mods) or some nonsense). It probably wouldn't be worth it for the average company, but to do it every couple years just to send a sudden high volume into California might be worth it. The orginazation just hasn't been there.

Maybe try pitching it to a smaller manufacturer and ask what number of guaranteed sold receivers they would need to make it worth while on their side.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:11:34 AM EDT
[#4]
1911greg, I have little doubt that is already happening.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#5]

It would probably drive them nuts, every year they could simply change the name of their company

making the doj constantly update thier list.

Yes they could. And make quite a bit of money in the process.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't worry somthing is already in the works
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Some companies are already enjoying a slice of the action thanks to models they are producing that are not currently on the list.

The Rock River Arms LAR-15 has been flooding the state for some time now and a leaked DOJ memo indicated they were also aware of the Olympic Arms M.F.R.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top