Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2012 1:09:34 PM EDT
Anyone here have any suggestions on deer processing/butchering in the Cortland/Homer area? Would rather not use same place I went to last season.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 3:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Do it yourself?  No other way to get the job done exactly how you like it.  Not everyone has the time/space i suppose.  Can't help you with personal recommendations, the two places i've used in the past slightly north of Cortland are no longer in operation.  Shame, one them i'd have no problem referring, great, clean work.  There is a place Jamesville/Southwood area that friends have used with good results.  There is supposedly a place in Homer that is good, don't recall the name and have not used them myself.

I cut my own now.  It's not hard, just need to take your time with it.  The satisfaction and knowing exactly what is in each package is well worth it IMO.  My wife came home last wednesday night to scrap deer parts in the kitchen sink and me cutting, packaging steaks onthe island........priceless.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:20:30 AM EDT
[#2]
VanDee processing on VanDee Road in Cyler. About $60, he is very good.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:48:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. I will check them out. I'm sure there are others that are close by as well, I am new to this area.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:42:49 AM EDT
[#4]
All I need now is a little time to hunt. Sick day coming.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top