Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Corona Virus in Alaska (Page 7 of 8)
Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 10:54:23 PM EST
Looks like ravn has a very good chance at going under.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 10:57:53 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:
Looks like ravn has a very good chance at going under.
View Quote

Someone else will rise up quick and take the market once the dust settles. I hope Wrights gets to if Ravn does sink and end an ERA...
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 12:53:28 AM EST
Originally Posted By ZacSquatch:

Someone else will rise up quick and take the market once the dust settles. I hope Wrights gets to if Ravn does sink and end an ERA...
View Quote
Might be awhile.
Grant is doing okay but when this is over they will need more planes and pilots.

Be hard for another to come in this area.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:02:26 PM EST
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:46:33 PM EST
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 12:40:24 PM EST
Might be awhile.
Grant is doing okay but when this is over they will need more planes and pilots.

Be hard for another to come in this area.
View Quote

I ain't going back to the 207
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 2:42:05 PM EST
Originally Posted By hauslp:

View Quote

I'm not either... especially after the mill blew up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 3:18:55 PM EST
Originally Posted By LESPAUL1:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LESPAUL1:

You could fly the Norseman!
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 6:37:08 PM EST
Caravans for everyone!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 7:20:39 PM EST
I see Kodiak has its first case of china virus.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 12:41:39 AM EST
View Quote

Grandma-in-law has a lot of respiratory issues, she’s been staying locked up like a ticks ass over this.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 12:43:43 AM EST

Grandma-in-law has a lot of respiratory issues, she’s been staying locked up like a ticks ass over this.
View All Quotes

Wishing you and yours well.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 5:48:54 PM EST
Not me. Not Kodan not family for either of us.
Just FYI.

Link Posted: 4/27/2020 6:52:14 PM EST
New case in North Pole after two weeks clean
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 7:28:23 PM EST
Originally Posted By 20iner:
New case in North Pole after two weeks clean
View Quote

Two weeks sober and clean is a new record for North Pole though.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:54:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:

Two weeks sober and clean is a new record for North Pole though.
View Quote

Not wrong lol.

Interested to see how the opening up goes(of Alaska and the country as a whole). See if the numbers go back up and if they do what the response will be.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:24:32 PM EST
North Pole has another one.

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 10:09:54 PM EST
Gov. Mike Dunleavy Discusses His Plan to Reopen Alaska!
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:52:56 PM EST
Attachment Attached File

Mainly applies to @akcaribouhunter
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:17:24 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/15/2020 5:51:45 PM EST by akcaribouhunter]
YKHC tested a person coming off the jet from ANC and they were positive.
Person went to a village.

Will know soon which village they were going to.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:28:37 PM EST
Yes 1 person through the Bethel airport that has been ID'd and being dealt with. It is the 2nd case in the YKHC region. Lets not get crazy yet. Alaska has 700,000 people and currently 12 people in the entire state are in the Hospital as of the end of shift brief today.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 3:16:26 PM EST
updated info.
https://www.ykhc.org/update-on-the-second-covid-19-case-in-yk-delta/

Tested negative twice

But i still do not trust the hospital.
Too many mistakes over the years.

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:53:10 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:11:26 PM EST
Yay, I get to pay bills ahead months early. Let there be confetti.

Seriously though, I do hope people remember to pay heating fuel or whatnot, otherwise this winter will be hell.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:16:26 PM EST
Originally Posted By NorthPola­r:
Yay, I get to pay bills ahead mont­hs early. Let there be confetti. 

Seriously though, I do hope people r­emember to pay heating fuel or whatnot, other­wise this winter will be hell.
View Quote

Now is the time to fill your tanks, with prices so low.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:09:01 AM EST

Would rather have it at the regular time when we need it for winter.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:29:57 AM EST
Originally Posted By akcaribou­hunter:

Would rather have it at the re­gular time when we need it for winter.
View Quote

I would agree. Also said it’s going to be $1,000.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:10:13 PM EST

Would rather have it at the regular time when we need it for winter.
View Quote
Agree this is stupid this virus thing is hardly an issue for Alaska right now.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 12:56:01 PM EST
Had a fishing trip scheduled end of August in the Petersburg area.  I see the Governor changed the covid testing requirements to a mandatory negative test done within 72 hours of arrival effective Aug 11.  Since most testing labs are a week or more out on reporting, if you can even get a test if you're asymptomatic  I guess the trip is cancelled.  

Sucks.  Never been to AK and was hoping to see at least one small part.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 1:12:03 AM EST
Welp city council mandated masks when you cannot social distance.
Also mandatory testing when you get off the jet.

To damn many do gooders on the council.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 9:18:20 AM EST
The whole no in person school is killing me since my wife and I both work. Between daycare and a tutor I’m on track to pay $19,800 a year in childcare. And I still get home and have to do school work with them until they go to bed.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 9:57:45 AM EST
Originally Posted By Rosta97:
The whole no in person school is killing me since my wife and I both work. Between daycare and a tutor I'm on track to pay $19,800 a year in childcare. And I still get home and have to do school work with them until they go to bed.
View Quote
Ouch.

Been telling the local school the k-1 grades need to go 1/2 day all week.
Those two grades need all help they can get for a good start in school.
Plus the mental and physical health of being at school.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 3:39:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/1/2020 3:41:33 PM EST by alaskas]
Originally Posted By Rosta97:
The whole no in person school is killing me since my wife and I both work. Between daycare and a tutor I’m on track to pay $19,800 a year in childcare. And I still get home and have to do school work with them until they go to bed.
View Quote

I don’t know where you live, but there are in person private schools for less than that. Most if not all private schools have had a noticeable increase in enrollment.

Plus, the indoctrination that most private schools provide (all schools do it) is not Commie crap.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 3:44:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By alaskas:

I don’t know where you live, but there are in person private schools for less than that. Most if not all private schools have had a noticeable increase in enrollment.

Plus, the indoctrination that most private schools provide (all schools do it) is not Commie crap.
View Quote

My older son was already kicked out of one of the private schools
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 4:54:29 PM EST
Have you threatened him with military school in Alaska?
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 3:24:54 AM EST
Don Young has the virus.

Wife and i have lost some relatives the past few days to the China virus.
Bunch of cousins have also popped positive.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 1:43:51 PM EST
Sorry to hear about your relatives. And hope and prayers for those with it now.

Prediction: AQD, mayor with zero votes, will lock down Anchorage and kill more local businesses next week.

While all of us continue to shop at Fred's, Carrs, Walmart, and Costco, protected by the invisible mega-corp shield against the virus. And Amazon will continue it's growth (buy AMZN).
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 6:30:07 PM EST
Well a little update from my view.  I work doing transports from MatSu regional to the Anchorage hospitals when the patients need a higher level of care.  Its the same company that does a lot of the medevac flights in Alaska.  We had MatSu try to activate us 3 times last night however couldn't find a hospital that had room to accept.  JBER never refuses to take a VA eligible patient and turned MatSu down to accept a retiree.  Central Peninsula Hospital had to medevac a person to Seattle for surgery on a small bowel obstruction.  Prov had 4 icu patients in ER beds and ANMC had 4 adults in beds in the PICU.  There was talk about possibly having to fly patients from Bethel to MatSu because of room but MatSu is full.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 7:37:10 PM EST
Originally Posted By Alaskagrown:
Well a little update from my view.  I work doing transports from MatSu regional to the Anchorage hospitals when the patients need a higher level of care.  Its the same company that does a lot of the medevac flights in Alaska.  We had MatSu try to activate us 3 times last night however couldn't find a hospital that had room to accept.  JBER never refuses to take a VA eligible patient and turned MatSu down to accept a retiree.  Central Peninsula Hospital had to medevac a person to Seattle for surgery on a small bowel obstruction.  Prov had 4 icu patients in ER beds and ANMC had 4 adults in beds in the PICU.  There was talk about possibly having to fly patients from Bethel to MatSu because of room but MatSu is full.
View Quote
Everywhere is full from what I hear.

Ykhc and the state would have been wise to use the hcq,zinc,vitamin d,c and azithromicine plus the ivermectin early so people could have a chance to not be affected as bad.

There are some military folks helping out at ykhc.

Home village numbers are sky rocketing even with a lockdown.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 9:12:21 PM EST
Everywhere is full from what I hear.

Ykhc and the state would have been wise to use the hcq,zinc,vitamin d,c and azithromicine plus the ivermectin early so people could have a chance to not be affected as bad.

There are some military folks helping out at ykhc.

Home village numbers are sky rocketing even with a lockdown.
View Quote

Are people actually staying away from each other though?  In the GD thread you said everyone during the summer lockdowns were all swimming together etc.

Honestly masks work.  Our SOP is we wear a surgical mask for every patient and every patient also wears a simple mask either cloth or surgical.  If they are covid positive we upgrade to n95 half masks.  There have been a number of times where we have taken a patient only to get informed at the receiving facility or part way and dispatch has informed us that the patient was positive. So far no transmission can be attributed to those transports.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 10:38:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By Alaskagrown:

Are people actually staying away from each other though?  In the GD thread you said everyone during the summer lockdowns were all swimming together etc.

Honestly masks work.  Our SOP is we wear a surgical mask for every patient and every patient also wears a simple mask either cloth or surgical.  If they are covid positive we upgrade to n95 half masks.  There have been a number of times where we have taken a patient only to get informed at the receiving facility or part way and dispatch has informed us that the patient was positive. So far no transmission can be attributed to those transports.
View Quote
Pretty much people stayed away from each other when Bethel started popping.
Summer almost all the damn young ones were swimming together. Fall time i am unsure as I did not stop on my way upriver.

Will ask relatives on how it got going.
But drugs and alcohol make people do very stupid stuff.

My sister in law popped positive 2-3 weeks ago and she kept away from people. Was deathly afraid of bring it to her mom.
She was a village covid worker doing lock down stuff. Kept her mask on and sanitized.
They are unsure how it got her.
My cousins have kept their kids away from everybody but very close family.
Even they popped positive.

But there are multiple 3-5 generations in a single houses.

I know some local people that were pretty religious about masks and washing hands that caught it.
Nearest they can figure is the bathroom angle.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 1:22:36 AM EST
Family friends have a household of 8.
Only 1 popped positive.
They are all heavy with heart,diabetes and some smoke.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 2:32:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By whoreable:

your a troll, look at your post count, You sit in your chair and type all day long.

I still dont see you planning anything, coming up with any solutions or doing anything proactive besides typing and talking shit on peoples posts.
View Quote

You sound like the troll, and your post count is nothing to brag about. Zero EE and 324 posts in 10 years seems like most of it here with tinfoil hat on too tight and name calling kind of amazed admin hasn't given you a timeout yet
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 2:44:51 PM EST
As far as the statement on hospitals refusing patient transfers, are they at standard capacity or are things distanced in the ICU/ER over normal reducing capacity? My flight back to Anchorage last month they told everyone to stay in their seats for a medical emergency. Two officers rushed on the plane and they wheeled off a woman who was fully unresponsive. Not once did the flight crew attempt medical intervention or ask for medical trained people on the plane. Seemed like it was just wait it out till we land and "May the odds be ever in your favor". Saw the medics in the airport wearing full isolation with rebreather apparatus. Just seems like some of the actions taken about this disease seem to be overkill and precautions taken are preventing treatment of people for other things.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 7:33:15 PM EST
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 2:27:45 AM EST
Family friends have a household of 8.
Only 1 popped positive.
They are all heavy with heart,diabetes and some smoke.
View Quote

The YK delta is one giant health disaster waiting to happen. Too many people don't take care of themselves.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 1:44:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/2/2020 1:49:03 PM EST by Alaskagrown]
Originally Posted By deputytrueblood:
As far as the statement on hospitals refusing patient transfers, are they at standard capacity or are things distanced in the ICU/ER over normal reducing capacity? .
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By deputytrueblood:
As far as the statement on hospitals refusing patient transfers, are they at standard capacity or are things distanced in the ICU/ER over normal reducing capacity? .

Not sure what you mean.  The icu and ER's aren't reducing capacity for this.  The ICU's at each hospital have 1 person to a room.

Prov has had to hire additional RT's due to the need for getting more people put on high flow o2.

MatSu yesterday converted another wing into negative pressure to keep up with demand for the patients that need isolation precautions.

Cardiologists in Alaska are seeing an uptick in former positive patients that had mild symptoms being diagnosed with myocarditis.

The YK delta is one giant health disaster waiting to happen. Too many people don't take care of themselves.

Unfortunately they do have health disasters.  RSV was horrible last year.  Part of it is the housing situation and the types of wood stoves that are used added with the possible lack of running water.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 10:34:01 PM EST
Mold in the houses is a huge problem in Y-K delta.
Not to mention the glacial silt we breath in.

I cannot remember if I said a 20 year ol person passed away.
A 37 year old Pilot Station man died of the virus and not being able to be medivaced.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:02:32 PM EST
Quite a trip reading through this thread from the beginning, how we were reacting in the beginning of the crisis.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 12:31:23 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/4/2020 12:31:58 AM EST by Alaskagrown]
Originally Posted By raven:
Quite a trip reading through this thread from the beginning, how we were reacting in the beginning of the crisis.
View Quote

I just keep thinking about how much better off we would have been if we had just blown a bridge.
Page / 8
Corona Virus in Alaska (Page 7 of 8)
Top Top