Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/19/2005 1:32:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:22:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2005 8:44:09 PM EDT by matt7184]
Read that article, horrible accuracy on firearms and law enforcement PERIOD...

EDIT: Forgot to add they had an AR under "What Bad Guys Use" IIRC...my dog just took a dump on the article so I can't retrieve the little gay graphic.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:45:34 AM EDT
well...

maybe the south fla cops shouldnt carry those mp-5's in their trunks then ,,least the ones i knew.

yeah very bad write up,,typical.. guns are bad mmmmkay,,cuz their bad......BS
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:02:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2005 4:02:48 AM EDT by osprey21]

If the whole fucked up judicial system weren't such a self propagating, in & out of jail BUSINESS, many of these issues would never become issues.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:35:57 AM EDT

Despite having shot over 1100 rounds of ammo, the bank robbers only wounded (not killed) 16 people (and 1 dog). So even with all that "firepower" and bullet-proof vests, they still lost.

So what's the point of this? They had a few assault weapons, and didn't know how to aim them (fortunately). The police went and got some ar-15s from a local gun store, but never had the chance to use them. Anyone with a deer rifle (with a decent scope) could have ended this melee sooner.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:17:41 PM EDT
this reminds me of an amusign story regarding police and their gun handling skills.

A friend of mine is a C3 dealer and instructor in the area, and a local PD was "officially" changing their issue weapon from a revolver to an automatic, though officers had been carrying them for years. The dept sponsored training for all officers for the "new" weapons.

before the class started, the captain showed up early to get a little extra practice to make sure he didnt get out shot by the gum shoes. he had this beretta that he had gotten "somewhere" and had been carrying for the past few years. he lined up on the target and pulled the trigger... click. nothing. he tried again with the same result. finally after a few more failed attempts, they took a good look at this gun to see why it wasnt firing. there was no indent on the primer, and upon further inspection, THERE WAS NO FIRING PIN IN THE PISTOL! Keep in mind, this was the capt's daily carry gun, so logic would seem to dictate that it should be in good working order for when it may be needed..... well apparently not. I don't want to even think about what would have happened had this officer needed to USE the weapon in the field.

That was just the pre-show mind you. The main event began shortly after. The officers assemble and begin their classes. Not a minute after handing out the guns (glocks) one officer proceeds to shut his finger in the action, thus tearing it up pretty badly. After they got him patched up they headed to the range.

One of the cops had choked so high up on the grip that on the first shot the slide removed a good part of the back of his hand. This injury required paramedics to attend to. Luckily that was the last injury of the day.

After a day of some of the worst shooting he had ever seen, my friend was sworn to secrect and made to promise he would never speak of that day again. He figures it was 20 years ago, so it's probably ok to talk about it now.

The moral of the story is: just because cops have guns, they need to be PROPERLY TRAINED ON HOW TO HANDLE AND USE THEM, or they will be more of a danger to themselves and those around them than any perp downrange.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:54:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By USAF_Hop_N_Pop:
this reminds me of an amusign story regarding police and their gun handling skills.

The moral of the story is: just because cops have guns, they need to be PROPERLY TRAINED ON HOW TO HANDLE AND USE THEM, or they will be more of a danger to themselves and those around them than any perp downrange.

big + 1

not only for l.e.o. but for everyone.......
Top Top