Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 2:47:30 PM EDT

This is a pic a coworker took AT work (Broadmoor Golf Club, Seattle WA).

He's been eating crows (good!) and nutria (good).  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:58:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Field just across HW2 from me, had seven of them in it.

When the sirens sound in Monroe, it's nothing to hear twenty or more of them yipping and barking.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i1.tinypic.com/scs520.jpg

This is a pic a coworker took AT work (Broadmoor Golf Club, Seattle WA).

Nice Pic!

We have nutria (rats) here? I know they are thick in the south, but didn't know we had them here.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#4]
standard (actually out of date) point and shoot 1.3 megapixel camera.

yes it was close.  This is our "dump" for clippings and plant debris.
The coyote isn't afraid of humans.

Broadmoor golf club is in the middle of seattle, next to lake washington, the arboretum, and university of washington.

Yes we have nutria.  I didn't think so at first, looking at the scat and tracks, but then we found 5 dead nutria chomped by the coyote.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

As long as he limits his diet to those critters, I'd leave him alone.  He's more likley to get hit by a car or die from disease or poisoning than anything else in the middle of the city.

Don't get me wrong, I'd shoot him dead if he was in my yard, but I'm in a rural area, and had three 'yotes attack my dogs.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:19:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I've seen two in Renton a few years ago. One was on the SE end of Lake Washington. It was carrying a bag (likely from a dumpster or garbage can) and just strutted across the street in front of my Jeep. The other I saw down in a field in the industrial area heading south out of Renton into Kent near Ikea. That one was a little more skittish and poked its head out of the brush. I stopped, it poked its head out again and started toward the road, then looked at me and went back in the brush. I didn't see it again after that. Both of them were more scrawny than that one from the golf course. Sounds like he found a good place to stay.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Coyotes occasionally hang out at the edge of the field at the trap range range in Kenmore.  Aparently they can determine range...wiley bunch.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:19:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice pelt$$$$.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#10]
that must be the one i avoided a couple weeks ago... bastard almost hit my new truck
nice pic...make targets out of it
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:13:03 AM EDT
[#11]
i had one yelping an 1:40 IN THE MORNING two nights ago..its pissing me off..we live in rural bothell and he always comes at out bout the middle of the night
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top