Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2015 6:46:19 PM EDT
I never gave much thought to it. I carry a Kershaw blur, it's not for defense, just convience

I recently got my ccw permit, am I asking for trouble carrying a legal firearm and an "illegal" pocket knife?
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 11:53:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I sometimes do the same thing, less often lately. I feel like I'm pushing my luck.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Why would it be illegal?  Assisted opening knives are not illegal in IL.  Are they in Crook Co?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:33:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why would it be illegal?  Assisted opening knives are not illegal in IL.  Are they in Crook Co?
View Quote

It's about blade length
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:06:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, it's 3.5" around where I live(not cook thankfully). That said, I've been caught with a longer pocketknife without charges, just got it confiscated. Not sure id want to risk that with cpd though...
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:30:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I try to avoid the conflict of blade length and keep it well under. I carry an Esee Candiru. 2" blade. Or some times I carry some form of Swiss Army knife just because of the way it is perceived.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:09:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I live in Cook, but not Chicago. I carry a Spyderco Delica, which has a 2.875" blade length. It doesn't have assisted opening.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top