Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 1:14:24 PM EDT
For the guys who are in construction was wondering how the construction in San Antonio is? I am looking to move there to be closer to by wifes family. I am a special inspector in reinforced concrete but was also looking at joining a operating engineers union. Is the locan union hard to get in? Anyone know of some inspection companys or concrete labs hiring? Thanks to anyone that can help.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#1]
TEXAS aint real big on unions.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
TEXAS aint real big on unions.

I did not know that, here in Hawaii well I should say on the island of Oahu its all about the union.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not in construction, but I deal with retail construction as part of my job.  Things are still doing fairly well here in Texas as compared to other parts of the country, but I've heard from some contractors that they have had to cut back.  I work all over central and south Texas and there is still a lot of new construction going on.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm not in construction, but I deal with retail construction as part of my job.  Things are still doing fairly well here in Texas as compared to other parts of the country, but I've heard from some contractors that they have had to cut back.  I work all over central and south Texas and there is still a lot of new construction going on.

Thats good to know here in Hawaii the only thing keeping 90% of the construction going it federal work like millitary and DOT. Also what is considered good pay in San Antonio?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top