BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Page / 10
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 7:02:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

..i think they've largely been on recess for christmas and new years, ...according to the schedule, doesn't appear they'll be back at things until next week at the earliest...  i would expect that once they're back, SB 215 will be referred to a particular House committee...  there are several ways for them to get it done, we'll have to lobby them to show our support and encourage action on getting something to the governor's desk...
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Just heard on lately outdoors YouTube channel that it has passed house and senate and has been sent to the governor.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just heard on lately outdoors YouTube channel that it has passed house and senate and has been sent to the governor.
View Quote

I'm not finding anything to back that up, can't find a channel called that either. Need a link or more info.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNZWwLv1tyo
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Saw this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNZWwLv1tyo
View Quote

Thanks, I commented wanted proof it is sent to governor.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, that guy is wrong. The House and Senate each passed their own bills. Nothing is on DeWine's desk yet.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Will this bill allow any LEGAL gun owner to LEGALLY carry concealed at all times? Including in a  vehicle? Except in prohibited places?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Will this bill allow any LEGAL gun owner to LEGALLY carry concealed at all times? Including in a  vehicle? Except in prohibited places?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

i believe that is correct..  basically, if you are a "qualifying adult" (new definition provided in SB 215 ), you are de-facto concealed carry authorized and held to the same permissions and limits that have been laid out for concealed carry license holders in the statute.  if my quick interpretation of the language is correct, out-of-staters (also a "qualified person"?) could concealed carry here without having to meet a license reciprocity.

(2) "Qualifying adult" means a person who is twenty-one
years of age or older and who is not legally prohibited from
possessing or receiving a firearm under 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(1) to
(9) or under section 2923.13 of the Revised Code or any other
Revised Code provision.

(1) A person who is a qualifying adult shall not be
required to obtain a concealed handgun license in order to carry
in this state, under authority of division (B)(2) of this
section, a concealed handgun that is not a restricted firearm.

(2) Regardless of whether the person has been issued a
concealed handgun license, subject to the limitations specified
in divisions (B)(3) and (D)(2) of this section, a person who is
a qualifying adult may carry a concealed handgun that is not a
restricted firearm anywhere in this state in which a person who
has been issued a concealed handgun license may carry a
concealed handgun.

(3) The right of a person who is a qualifying adult to
carry a concealed handgun that is not a restricted firearm that
is granted under divisions (B)(1) and (2) of this section is the
same right as is granted to a person who has been issued a
concealed handgun license, and a qualifying adult who is granted
the right is subject to the same restrictions as apply to a
person who has been issued a concealed handgun license.

(D)(1) For purposes of any provision of section 1547.69,
2923.12, or 2923.124 to 2923.1213 of the Revised Code, or of any
other section of the Revised Code, that refers to a concealed
handgun license or a concealed handgun licensee, except when the
context clearly indicates otherwise, all of the following apply:

(a) A person who is a qualifying adult and is carrying or
has, concealed on the person's person or ready at hand, a
handgun that is not a restricted firearm shall be deemed to have
been issued a valid concealed handgun license.

(b) If the provision refers to a person having been issued
a concealed handgun license or having been issued a concealed
handgun license that is valid at a particular point in time, the
provision shall be construed as automatically including a person
who is a qualifying adult and who is carrying or has, concealed
on the person's person or ready at hand, a handgun that is not a
restricted firearm, as if the person had been issued a concealed
handgun license or had been issued a concealed handgun license
that is valid at the particular point in time.

(c) If the provision in specified circumstances requires a
concealed handgun licensee to engage in specified conduct, or
prohibits a concealed handgun licensee from engaging in
specified conduct, the provision shall be construed as applying
in the same circumstances to a person who is a qualifying adult
in the same manner as if the person was a concealed handgun
licensee.

(d) If the application of the provision to a person
depends on whether the person is or is not a concealed handgun
licensee, the provision shall be applied to a person who is a
qualifying adult in the same manner as if the person was a
concealed handgun licensee.

(e) If the provision pertains to the imposition of a
penalty or sanction for specified conduct and the penalty or
sanction applicable to a person who engages in the conduct
depends on whether the person is or is not a concealed handgun
licensee, the provision shall be applied to a person who is a
qualifying adult in the same manner as if the person was a
concealed handgun licensee.

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 11:01:06 AM EDT
[#9]
The new legislative session is starting. Time to hammer your reps and senators to get this moving.

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 3:06:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Last update I saw said this was to be heard the week of Jan 10.  I haven't seen anything new.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:07:50 PM EDT
[#11]
the house session journal shows SB 215 was formally reported by the senate on Dec 22nd, ...but i haven't seen where it's been assigned to a committee yet...
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 12:32:32 AM EDT
[#12]
OK guys, here we go.

SB215 was just assigned to the House Government Oversight Committee.

Now is the time to put pressure on Speaker Bob Cupp to get this bill passed through committee and out to the House floor for a vote!

Speaker Bob Cupp:
614-466-9624
Or contact him here

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:55:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Done, thanks.
My local is a rabid anti, so this is my only way to poke it fwd...
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:09:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Done
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Done, thanks.
My local is a rabid anti, so this is my only way to poke it fwd...
View Quote

don't let that discourage you, ...the important thing is to lobby the top leadership (of both houses) and the chairmen of the committees where the bills reside...  

...we've reached a monumental stage already, as both houses have demonstrated passage of constitutional carry with supermajority of votes!   we just need to keep bugging them, non-stop, until they finish the job!
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 7:09:51 PM EDT
[#16]
House Government Oversight Committee is meeting Thursday at 10AM!
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 6:16:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Feb 3rd Gov Oversight Committee Agenda:
https://search-prod.lis.state.oh.us/cm_pub_api/api/unwrap/chamber/134th_ga/ready_for_publication/committee_docs/cmte_h_govt_1/notice/cmte_h_govt_1_2022-01-27-1000_1112/current/notice.pdf

doesn't appear that SB 215 is on the agenda...

two Pro-gun bills up for consideration:

• HB 325 (restrict gov emergency powers),

• HB 455 (relief from carrying in prohibited places)

Link Posted: 1/31/2022 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Keep the pressure up on Committee Chairman Shane Wilkin.

Contact him here

Or call 937-402-7650

Link Posted: 2/8/2022 7:11:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Sponsor and proponent testimony for SB 215 scheduled for today and tomorrow in the House Government Oversight Committee!

Opponent testimony will be some point after that, then it will likely go for a full floor vote.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 8:49:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Sponsor and proponent testimony for SB 215 scheduled for today and tomorrow in the House Government Oversight Committee!

Opponent testimony will be some point after that, then it will likely go for a full floor vote.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/8/2022 5:37:08 PM EDT
[#21]
folks, suddenly a flurry of activity!!!

...BFA is reporting that Scott Wiggam's emergency powers bill HB 325 passed out of the Gov't Oversight committee today, as SB 215 received its first hearing!!!
https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/constitutional-carry-bill-moves-rapidly-emergency-power-bill-passes-committee

1. if your State Rep sits on the Committee, contact them and urge support for SB 215!
https://ohiohouse.gov/committees/government-oversight

2. if your State Rep is not on the Committee, contact Chairman Wilkin and urge support for SB215!
Phone: (614) 466-3506
https://ohiohouse.gov/members/shane-wilkin/contact

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 12:15:48 AM EDT
[#22]
SB 215 is on the agenda for Wednesday Feb 9th again...

...let's hit those folks up on the Gov't Oversight Committee, especially Chairman Wilkin

let's make our voices heard!!!

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:01:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 8:24:50 AM EDT
[#24]
I contacted Chairman Wilkin again, my rep is not on the committee.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 3:50:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I contacted Chairman Wilkin again, my rep is not on the committee.
View Quote

perfect!
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:34:58 PM EDT
[#26]
a change was made to the committee today:

Pursuant to House Rules 13, 28, and 30, the Speaker hereby makes the
following changes to the standing committee on Government Oversight:
Remove Representative Swearingen; appoint Representative Abrams.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/10/2022 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I hit em again.   Hopefully they get this done.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 3:32:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Good move or bad?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Good move or bad?
View Quote

? She is a R, so is Swearingen

Cindy Abrams District 29 R
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 1:32:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Hoping from Texas you guys get it done.  A lot of us here worked the phones hard for Constitutional Carry when it came up, and got it passed.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Hoping from Texas you guys get it done.  A lot of us here worked the phones hard for Constitutional Carry when it came up, and got it passed.

Good luck!
View Quote

thanks for the well-wishes!

...i think we're over the hump, we just need to keep the pressure on the legislature critters to finish the job!

Link Posted: 2/11/2022 4:27:43 PM EDT
[#32]
You would be surprised how much impact just making phone calls to your reps can make.  CC wasn't an issue that was being pushed by the Governor or LT Gov here (he runs the Texas Senate), but there was a great amount of work put in by gun rights supports to work the phone and attend hearings about it in the Legislature, and they came around.

Once out of your Legislature, you all will need to keep DeWhiner's feet, as I remember him being called from his Senate days, to the fire, and make sure he signs it.  The media / gun -grabbers (same thing) here even tried to convince Gov Abbott not to sign CC.  Dewine is an even more tempting target for them as he's never been pro-gun except by threat of un-election.

It's been nice to see how Republican Ohio has gotten the past 10 years.  It was a battleground state back in 2012, but now is out of reach of the Democrats at a national level.  Hope you all replace Brown at some point too.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 1:49:04 PM EDT
[#33]
folks, the next committee meeting is Thurs 2/17

- SB 215 is on the agenda for a 3rd hearing (as well as some other pro-gun, pro-knife bills)
https://search-prod.lis.state.oh.us/cm_pub_api/api/unwrap/chamber/134th_ga/ready_for_publication/committee_docs/cmte_h_govt_1/notice/cmte_h_govt_1_2022-02-17-1000_1162/current/notice.pdf

is your critter on the committee???
https://ohiohouse.gov/committees/government-oversight

call/email!!!

we can all call/email the chairman as well - let's show them we want this!!!

Chairman Wilkin
Phone: (614) 466-3506
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 10:07:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Yet again, the Government Oversight Committee failed to vote SB215 out of committee.

Guys, we need to hammer these committee members.

Call or Text Speaker Bob Cupp at (419) 230-2668

Chairman Shane Wilkin: (937) 402-7650
(614) 466-3506

Vice-Chairwoman Andrea White: (937) 321-1813

Majority Floor Leader Bill Seitz: (513) 382-8281

Assistant Maj. Leader Rick Carfagna: (740) 972-8719

Majority Whip Don Jones: (740) 391-5025

Speaker Pro Tem Tim Ginter: (330) 692-2049

Representative Phil Plummer: (937) 478-5367

Or contact Shane Wilkin
Here
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 10:55:53 PM EDT
[#35]
..today was a 3rd hearing to give the anti-freedomers their turn to voice opposition...  that's a normal part of the committee process,

...now the next will be the 4th hearing, which is in the territory at which they might call a vote...  

...thus, far i think things are on track, ...still, it's always good when we let the committee chairman and members know that we are 1000% in support of this bill!!!!  

...remember, folks, if your critter's office doesn't know you by name, you aren't doing your job!

Link Posted: 2/18/2022 12:54:56 PM EDT
[#36]
I got this email today:

DaveyDug,

SB 215 was referred to the House Government Oversight Committee on January 25th. The bill sponsor of SB 215 was out of town the following week (Jan 31-Fen 4th). As you may know, in order to have a first hearing on a bill in Committee, Sponsor testimony is needed. We held a hearing on the bill the next week that the bill sponsor was back in town. (Feb 7th-11th)  In addition, we actually held Committee on two separate occasions that week,  hearing SB 215 during both Committees. SB 215 had a hearing on Feb. 8th and Feb 9th.

We had our third hearing on SB 215 yesterday.  Please be assured, SB 215 has been given multiple hearings since the bill has been introduced.

Best,

Hailey Holbrook| Legislative Aide

Office of Rep. Shane Wilkin, House District 91

Ohio House of Representatives | 77 S. High St., 13th Floor | Columbus, OH 43215

(614) 466-3506| [email protected]

Link Posted: 2/19/2022 5:17:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Got this email on the 17th...
"Thank you for reaching out to my office with your support of Ohio Senate Bill 215, which would establish permitless carry in the State of Ohio. This legislation passed the Ohio Senate on December 15, 2021 by a vote of 23-8 and has since been referred to the Ohio House Government Oversight Committee. If Senate Bill 215 comes up for a vote in its current form I will vote no. I respect and support Ohioans’ Second Amendment right. I am a gun owner. My son is a gun owner and a proud United States Marine Corps veteran. I am also proud to support police officers and first responders in my community and across the state who are opposed to this legislation. Gary Wolske, the President of the Fraternal Order of Police of Ohio (which represents 24,000 law enforcement members across Ohio), said of Senate Bill 215, “This isn’t putting public safety first and it’s not putting public safety officers first… put public safety first. Reject Senate Bill 215.”

The Ohio Supreme Court held in Klein v. Leis, 2003-Ohio- 4779, that Ohio’s current concealed carry statute does not unconstitutionally infringe on the right to bear arms. And, the Ohio Supreme Court specifically held in the syllabus that there is “no constitutional right to bear concealed weapons.” The Court correctly noted that the right to bear arms is a fundamental right and is part of Ohio’s heritage. But, the Court nevertheless stated that: “however fundamental and entrenched in the constitutional heritage of our state, the right to bear arms is not absolute. [T]he right to bear arms is fundamental, and is also subject to limitations.” Furthermore, I agree with Justice Antonin Scalia, one of the most conservative justices to ever sit on the United States Supreme Court, when he ruled in District of Columbia v. Heller, “Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.” When I took office as state representative, I swore to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Ohio. As such, I cannot support legislation, like Senate Bill 215, that I believe to be unconstitutional. Reasonable guardrails concerning gun ownership and privileges are not unconstitutional, but are necessary for public safety and the safety of our first responders. Ohio’s current concealed carry laws are appropriate and lawful guardrails on concealed carry. The current law requires a background check and a limited amount of training before the license may be obtained. These are reasonable measures for public safety which do not violate the Constitution, as they do not prohibit the carrying of weapons, but merely regulate the manner of carrying them, a lawful exercise of the police power of the state. SB 215 would permit anyone over 21 who is not a convicted felon to conceal carry any weapon, anywhere, anytime, with zero training or experience with weapons. This is dangerous, especially to our police men and women and first responders. We require licenses for driving a vehicle, licenses for fishing, and licenses to cut hair, but think it’s alright to allow untrained, unlicensed people to conceal carry deadly weapons?

Our district, like many across Ohio, has recently experienced an increase in gun violence and gun-related deaths, violence which disproportionately impacts communities of color. This bill is opposed by the Fraternal Order of Police of Ohio, county Sheriffs from across the state, and other police organizations for good reason: this is not a constitutional issue, it is a safety issue. There is nothing safe about this bill; it will result in more gun violence and death. It is dangerous legislation that creates unnecessary risks to first responders and the citizens of Ohio. I believe the Ohio Legislature can, should, and has a responsibility to pass bills that put the safety of Ohioans first. We can work together to uphold the Second Amendment, support law enforcement, and keep the people of our state safe. I am proud to sponsor or co-sponsor more than 20 pieces of legislation that benefit police officers, first responders, and/or veterans in Ohio. I will continue to support Second Amendment rights and the law enforcement officers who serve my district and communities across Ohio.

Thank you again for reaching out to me on this issue.

Sincerely,

Rich Brown

Richard D. Brown

State Representative

Ohio House District 20"

Not surprised, and I doubt he'll follow up to my response.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 11:34:22 PM EDT
[#39]
...just a guess, but it seems that rep's office isn't all that experienced in responding; much too long-winded, wordy...

1.  repay them a favor by hammering them with calls/emails frequently, ...and see if their "responses" get any more concise, or maybe they like the workload...

2. remind them that our rights have nothing to do with "officer safety"...  what a bunch of B.S., ...could care less if the police have a false sense of security when they're out harassing people...

3. in addition to hammering your rep, ...it's also very influential for us all to hit the chairman of the committee, shane wilkin, as he is the one who decides when to bring it to a vote...

Link Posted: 2/20/2022 8:14:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Got this email on the 17th...
"Thank you for reaching out to my office with your support of Ohio Senate Bill 215, which would establish permitless carry in the State of Ohio. This legislation passed the Ohio Senate on December 15, 2021 by a vote of 23-8 and has since been referred to the Ohio House Government Oversight Committee. If Senate Bill 215 comes up for a vote in its current form I will vote no. I respect and support Ohioans’ Second Amendment right. I am a gun owner. My son is a gun owner and a proud United States Marine Corps veteran. I am also proud to support police officers and first responders in my community and across the state who are opposed to this legislation. Gary Wolske, the President of the Fraternal Order of Police of Ohio (which represents 24,000 law enforcement members across Ohio), said of Senate Bill 215, “This isn’t putting public safety first and it’s not putting public safety officers first… put public safety first. Reject Senate Bill 215.”

The Ohio Supreme Court held in Klein v. Leis, 2003-Ohio- 4779, that Ohio’s current concealed carry statute does not unconstitutionally infringe on the right to bear arms. And, the Ohio Supreme Court specifically held in the syllabus that there is “no constitutional right to bear concealed weapons.” The Court correctly noted that the right to bear arms is a fundamental right and is part of Ohio’s heritage. But, the Court nevertheless stated that: “however fundamental and entrenched in the constitutional heritage of our state, the right to bear arms is not absolute. [T]he right to bear arms is fundamental, and is also subject to limitations.” Furthermore, I agree with Justice Antonin Scalia, one of the most conservative justices to ever sit on the United States Supreme Court, when he ruled in District of Columbia v. Heller, “Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.” When I took office as state representative, I swore to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Ohio. As such, I cannot support legislation, like Senate Bill 215, that I believe to be unconstitutional. Reasonable guardrails concerning gun ownership and privileges are not unconstitutional, but are necessary for public safety and the safety of our first responders. Ohio’s current concealed carry laws are appropriate and lawful guardrails on concealed carry. The current law requires a background check and a limited amount of training before the license may be obtained. These are reasonable measures for public safety which do not violate the Constitution, as they do not prohibit the carrying of weapons, but merely regulate the manner of carrying them, a lawful exercise of the police power of the state. SB 215 would permit anyone over 21 who is not a convicted felon to conceal carry any weapon, anywhere, anytime, with zero training or experience with weapons. This is dangerous, especially to our police men and women and first responders. We require licenses for driving a vehicle, licenses for fishing, and licenses to cut hair, but think it’s alright to allow untrained, unlicensed people to conceal carry deadly weapons?

Our district, like many across Ohio, has recently experienced an increase in gun violence and gun-related deaths, violence which disproportionately impacts communities of color. This bill is opposed by the Fraternal Order of Police of Ohio, county Sheriffs from across the state, and other police organizations for good reason: this is not a constitutional issue, it is a safety issue. There is nothing safe about this bill; it will result in more gun violence and death. It is dangerous legislation that creates unnecessary risks to first responders and the citizens of Ohio. I believe the Ohio Legislature can, should, and has a responsibility to pass bills that put the safety of Ohioans first. We can work together to uphold the Second Amendment, support law enforcement, and keep the people of our state safe. I am proud to sponsor or co-sponsor more than 20 pieces of legislation that benefit police officers, first responders, and/or veterans in Ohio. I will continue to support Second Amendment rights and the law enforcement officers who serve my district and communities across Ohio.

Thank you again for reaching out to me on this issue.

Sincerely,

Rich Brown

Richard D. Brown

State Representative

Ohio House District 20"

Not surprised, and I doubt he'll follow up to my response.
View Quote

So liberty is unconstitutional? That's an interesting perspective.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 10:30:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
...just a guess, but it seems that rep's office isn't all that experienced in responding; much too long-winded, wordy...

1.  repay them a favor by hammering them with calls/emails frequently, ...and see if their "responses" get any more concise, or maybe they like the workload...

2. remind them that our rights have nothing to do with "officer safety"...  what a bunch of B.S., ...could care less if the police have a false sense of security when they're out harassing people...

3. in addition to hammering your rep, ...it's also very influential for us all to hit the chairman of the committee, shane wilkin, as he is the one who decides when to bring it to a vote...

View Quote

I began hammering this morning, I've contacted Wilkin's offices too, thanks for the tip.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#42]
We simply need to remind them why this bill is not supported by law enforcement organizations.  Because they make money selling us our rights.  Some enjoy the the power of making us jump through hoops to do what should not be restricted.  But mostly its the money.  The false argument of the increased violence is proven wrong by the other 20+ states with these laws already in play.  The same arguments were made when they first allowed CHL's.  All wrong.  

I sent more emails today.  Please do the same!
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#43]
There may have been a committee meeting on Wed 2/23...  i kept checking the calendar all week, and that meeting did not show up on it until now (after it would have had occurred).   looking at the agenda, they would've had a 4th hearing for SB 215...

...we're in the range where it could be brought up to a committee vote, so we'll have to stay tuned...

...as of yet i don't see the next meeting on the schedule...
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 11:51:34 PM EDT
[#44]
ok folks, gov't oversight committee meeting scheduled for tomorrow morning (tues 3/1)!!!!

4th hearing, and possible vote, on SB 215

hit up Chairman Shane Wilkin, and/or your rep (if they are on the committee)!!!!

Chairman Wilkin
(614) 466-3506

Committee members: https://ohiohouse.gov/committees/government-oversight
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 7:01:18 AM EDT
[#45]
There is talk of an attempt to delay and water down SB215 by adding two amendments.

When you contact the members of the Govt Oversight Committee, make sure to tell them to pass SB215 with NO AMENDMENTS.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
There is talk of an attempt to delay and water down SB215 by adding two amendments.

View Quote

What are they?
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
ok folks, gov't oversight committee meeting scheduled for tomorrow morning (tues 3/1)!!!!

4th hearing, and possible vote, on SB 215

hit up Chairman Shane Wilkin, and/or your rep (if they are on the committee)!!!!

Chairman Wilkin
(614) 466-3506

Committee members: https://ohiohouse.gov/committees/government-oversight
View Quote

Done
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 9:54:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What are they?
View Quote

I don't have many details, but from what I can see:

1. Expands the definition of 'dangerous ordnance' to further restrict what firearms can be legally owned and carried for self-defense.

2. Puts language into the bill that would enable law enforcement to detain you and possibly seize your gun.

This is from OGO, so don't take it as gospel. I have no idea how seriously these amendments are being discussed, but it can't hurt to tell the legislators to push the bill through with no amendments if we're contacting them anyway.

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#49]
BFA is reporting that SB 215 was passed out of committee this morning!!!!

BREAKING: SB 215 for Constitutional Carry Passes Out of Committee
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 2:20:35 PM EDT
[#50]
...folks, we owe a debt of gratitude to the members of the committee who had to sit there and listen to several moms-demand-action and their testimony:

- they call us "anti-police"
- they call us "anti-public-safety"
- they now tout how great the current OH CC laws are!
- they are now "pro-training"
- they claim that a "disproportionate amount of guns are owned by people with anger issues"...

...fingernails across chalkboard...

https://www.ohiochannel.org/video/ohio-house-government-oversight-committee-3-1-2022

Page / 10
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top