Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2012 1:26:21 AM EDT
Well around 10am im planning on accepting a counter offer that's for a house across the street ( and 2 up) from a middle school.

Anything I shold be concerned about in terms of gun ownership? I can't see anything the law that would change. Might just get more panicked calls to the cops if I'm moving them from house to car or vice versa.

Anything I'm missing?
Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:36:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably a notably higher worry about petty vandalism and theft. Middle schoolers are worse than high schoolers as they dont have any maturity.

Also potential traffic concerns twice a day as many parents drop off vs bus.

I'd put in a camera system if I was living somewhere with that much foot traffic.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:25:29 AM EDT
[#2]
You aren't on school grounds so the only real concern you might have are hooligans egging your house on the way to school or a fight breaking out in your front yard.

robpiat had pretty much covered. There are three public schools within 500m (depending on the propert line) of a Georgia State Patrol range as well as close to my house and I'm far from the only gun owner on the block.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:04:44 AM EDT
[#3]
There is a 1000' law around the school property but I don't think it applies to you if you live in that zone or are visiting someone living in the zone. You can even carry a gun onto school property now though with a ccw. My concern with gun laws though comes from not what IS legal, but what cops (and others to a lesser degree) THINK is legal. I've been around lots of cops my whole life and I have asked several the same question about guns and other "is it legal?" kind of questions and every time I get a surprisingly different answer. This is what finally prompted me to get a ccw. Not because I wanted to carry all of the time, but I want to lessen the chances of some rookie cop that stopped me in the middle of BFE Georgia and finds out I have a gun in the car. It takes a lot of the guess work out of it having that easily gotten license.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top