Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 1/19/2015 11:12:03 AM EST
With the holiday today, are conservation shooting ranges closed today? Wanted to take the kid out shooting but don't want to drive 30-40 minutes and find the gate closed.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:16:15 AM EST
AFAIK the conservation ranges are usually closed on Monday anyway. Sorry!

Rev_Jason
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:35:23 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rev_jason:
AFAIK the conservation ranges are usually closed on Monday anyway. Sorry!

Rev_Jason
View Quote

Depends on the range. I think the Dalton range is open on Mondays, but Lake City is closed.

Check the website:

http://mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/places-go/shooting-ranges-and-outdoor-education-centers
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:09:57 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:12:21 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AeroE:
Go to an unattended range, there are 70 scattered around the state now.
View Quote

Note that all the ranges are shown on the link I provided above. Go down halfway to see a map that includes the unattended ranges as well. I went to one in Columbia once. I've been thinking about going to the one in Concordia and giving it a try. About 50 min drive from me, though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:42:54 PM EST
Went to Indian Trails. There were some people using the 25 yard line but the 50,100, and 200 were open. Very nice day to go shooting. I assume with the holiday on a Monday nobody closed the gate for maintenance.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:36:52 AM EST
I hate public ranges but broke down and went to apple creek monday after everybody decided to go post new targets I walk down to the 100 yd back stop and when I turned around to go back to the firing line some dumb ass was pointing an sks down range . I screamed at him and he put the rifle down . When i got back to the firing line he said the other guy standing there was letting him look through his scope . I think I just need to build me a bench and stay on the farm
Top Top