Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 1/17/2013 1:29:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/17/2013 1:33:36 PM EDT by Bladerunner]
Below is the response I received from my Congressman G.K. Butterfield, 1st Congressional District. Unfortunately, this is a predominantly Democrat District, so Butterfield isn't particularly vulnerable, winning with over 75% of the vote in November. However, I am going to try and get active in my Counties Republican Party to do anything I can to support an opposition candidate in 2014.

Fortunately the Republicans the House, so his views are largely meaningless.

My letter writing/calling/emailing will still be focused on the Senate especially on Hagan. She is up for election and is vulnerable. I believe Harry Reid want even bring this up for a vote to protect Senators such as Hagan and others in red states.

Dear Xxxx:

Thank you for contacting me regarding Second Amendment Rights' and gun violence. I appreciate learning your views.

Like many Americans, I am concerned about preserving our constitutional rights to own firearms. As you know, the majority of gun owners in America are law-abiding citizens who responsibly maintain firearms for personal protection or personal hobbies.

However, the tragic deaths of 26 children and adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newton, Connecticut plus several other mass killings involving deadly firearms suggest a need for policymakers to consider limiting the proliferation of assault rifles and high-capacity magazines, completing thorough background check on all gun sales, preventing the trafficking of guns, and working with mental health professionals and law enforcement to keep guns out of the hands of those who may cause us harm. Enacting sensible gun laws that fully considers the time in which we live would place our country on a path to more responsible gun-ownership and decreased gun violence.

As more gun control proposals are put forth, I look forward to working with my Congressional colleagues to thoughtfully consider the measures that take appropriate action.

Very truly yours,

G.K. Butterfield
Member of Congress
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 1:58:20 PM EDT
BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 2:21:19 PM EDT
I got the same response today, Butterfield is an idiot. It would be nice to see him replaced but that's going to be tough.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 2:50:43 PM EDT
GK - I live in Wilson and knew him as a judge here. No chance in NC 1st...

Frank Ballance was a crook, Eva was a joke, etc...
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 3:33:38 PM EDT
Stopped reading after "however"...

Hopefully we can replace him next election.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 5:48:32 PM EDT
Got the same response today. We arent getting rid of butterfield any time soon, unfortunately
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 5:50:11 PM EDT
I really don't like having Butterfield as my rep and knowing that there is little we can do with getting him (or any other Dem) the boot in our district.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:38:37 AM EDT
There are very pro second Amendment Democrats in the South. Find one, and get him to win the primary.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:28:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cpl_fisher:
There are very pro second Amendment Democrats in the South. Find one, and get him to win the primary.

That's a great idea, but the practicality of getting another Democrat to challenge Butterfield in a primary would be something that I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope for.

I am not even sure where one would begin to find a conservative pro 2nd Amendment Democrat, put together an organization to mount a primary challenge, gain enough financial support, and win.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:47:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Bladerunner:
Originally Posted By cpl_fisher:

That's a great idea, but the practicality of getting another Democrat to challenge Butterfield in a primary would be something that I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope for.

I am not even sure where one would begin to find a conservative pro 2nd Amendment Democrat, put together an organization to mount a primary challenge, gain enough financial support, and win.

Look for old families that owned lots of land. They would be in there 70's to 80's. These people grew up democrat, and even though the party has moved away from them. they still vote for it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:49:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/21/2013 6:49:32 PM EDT by txgp17]
Butterfield claims that he's black too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pccbulldogs/5571827414/
Top Top