Link Posted: 11/9/2020 5:17:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Congrats man.

Can you give a little detail?

Good price on property? We are looking too
View Quote

Quoted:

Ditto.  The wife and I are seriously talking about buying land asap in WY that we can build on in a couple of years since we assume prices are going to jump in the coming years as like minded Coloradans flee to freedom.
View Quote

Wife agreed to move to Cheyenne. We just started looking, but my lease down here is up in august, so that's when I need to find something.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Ah, thought you had already found something.  Wife contacted our realtor today about finding property up there.  He said he's been getting a lot of calls on the subject lately.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#3]
well I've been looking (and am moving) further afield than Cheyenne, but the good stuff goes FAST.  Like days (or day).  at close to asking.  And honestly cheyenne isn't cheap (pretty much same as FoCo, although taxes way less)

So you better be ready to move FAST if you find something you like or buy something real unique that has been on the market forever (for a good reason probably)

Also these markets are tiny.  Cheyenne is the biggest city in Wyoming, it has 60,000 people that's smaller than longmont and where longmont has tons of stuff outside of the city proper, cheyenne and that's it for 60 or 70 miles.  Might be 5 houses in your price range and 2 sell the next day.  and then it's weeks for another one to come up.

on the plus side, FUCK COLORADO  (or what has become of colorado)
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was just thinking about WY getting inundated with people from CO. I have been trying to figure out where to go, but I am not sure it matters. The one thing to plan for in my view is self sustainability. If it was not so dry in CO, I would consider it but I don't think it will work. I am thinking about Tennessee.
View Quote

I don't think Tennessee is red for very much longer, between Nashville and Memphis...
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 8:57:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't think Tennessee is red for very much longer, between Nashville and Memphis...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was just thinking about WY getting inundated with people from CO. I have been trying to figure out where to go, but I am not sure it matters. The one thing to plan for in my view is self sustainability. If it was not so dry in CO, I would consider it but I don't think it will work. I am thinking about Tennessee.

Man, you could be right. I may just carry myself back to ole Virginny and be done with it. I know, I know but at least its home.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if Dominion/Hammer/ScoreCard had any role in this?

I voted against both azzhats.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I wonder if Dominion/Hammer/ScoreCard had any role in this?

I voted against both azzhats.
View Quote

I was wondering the same thing.  Some of this seems too far outlandish to have passed.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder how much Dominion, ScoreCard and Hammer affected this election?

It would be nice to dump Polis & Hickenpooper.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Hickenlooper is so slimy. He looks like an alien lizard creature.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wonder how much Dominion, ScoreCard and Hammer affected this election?

It would be nice to dump Polis & Hickenpooper.
View Quote

They didn't need to do anything. The Front Range is infested.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They didn't need to do anything. The Front Range is infested.
View Quote

Just on my block we have one person from California, one person from Iowa, and one from Nebraska. They are all liberals.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:36:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Just on my block we have one person from California, one person from Iowa, and one from Nebraska. They are all liberals.
View Quote

u-haul time, bud.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

u-haul time, bud.
View Quote

It's really sad that so many nannyists have infested this state.  For me, it's going to have to be a dumpster before the U-haul.  I don't know how I accumulated so much sh!t.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's really sad that so many nannyists have infested this state.  For me, it's going to have to be a dumpster before the U-haul.  I don't know how I accumulated so much sh!t.  
View Quote

anything good you want to get rid of?
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 11:16:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

anything good you want to get rid of?
View Quote

Some furniture and old clothes. Wait, you asked for anything good. Sorry.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My job interview in Florida next week is looking better and better.
View Quote

I just applied down in Alabama.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was offered the job but the wife is having cold feet ugh.
Alabama is on my short list for sure.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 1:22:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

No more MT? Our move there is solidified. Have a lease already and a contract on our house here. just a few more weeks!
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 7:50:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No more MT? Our move there is solidified. Have a lease already and a contract on our house here. just a few more weeks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The MT job requires up to 60% travel. They cover MT, ID, and parts of WA. That kinda turned me off on that unfortunately. One of my current coworkers is from the area and knows the company. He said by 60% they really mean 90%.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 11:12:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The MT job requires up to 60% travel. They cover MT, ID, and parts of WA. That kinda turned me off on that unfortunately. One of my current coworkers is from the area and knows the company. He said by 60% they really mean 90%.
View Quote

Oof. Yeah, that doesn't sound ideal at all. Which part of FL are you looking at? I grew up in Fort Myers and went to UNF in Jacksonville. I miss the rain and everything being green!
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 8:16:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
i would say hard no on that.

pretty sure i know who you're talking about.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Oof. Yeah, that doesn't sound ideal at all. Which part of FL are you looking at? I grew up in Fort Myers and went to UNF in Jacksonville. I miss the rain and everything being green!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The middle/upper Keys. Job is in Tavernier. I would have to live between Key Largo and the the beginning of the Seven Mile Bridge. The redhead is right on the verge of agreeing to the move.
She’s very (as you know) conservative. However I don’t think she fully understands how fucked up this state is becoming.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
i would say hard no on that.

pretty sure i know who you're talking about.
View Quote

Yeah I’m sure you do. The fact that they have perpetual openings for my job tells me something. I was an OTR truck driver for quite a while. I’ve done my time being away from home ugh.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#24]
We’ve been here ten years exactly yesterday, and the wife is ready to leave Colorado.  We have been looking at SW Missouri and now Texas.  We did Oklahoma before and there isn’t a lot there.  We’ve glanced at Wyoming, colder than hell and not a lot there.  Her job is remote currently but that May all change.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm still at least 7 years from being able to move.  Long story short my kids with ex wife are still young one 11. Once he is 18 sayonara to this state. Looking at SW Missouri, Tennessee or just about anywhere still free.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top