Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2005 3:25:22 PM EDT
  Anybody in the the TC's area do any competition shooting...? I'm looking for something to get a little more time behind the trigger and and some more interest to the shooting that I do. I've got an interesting variety of weapons suited for different styles of shooting, so I'm open for most anything. Just need some help with the who / where part of it all.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 4:30:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You might call the Burnsville Pistol range and ask about the bullseye shooting.
You might call Bill's and ask the same about the 22 league, plus their tactical tuesday and thursday programs.
Check the USPSA web site for local contacts.
Check with the NRA web site for local stuff this state has a lot of High Power ranges.  Red Wing, Elk River, Harris, Duluth, and few others in WI within a shorter drive.  There is F class matches, too!
Then there is DE classes and shoots, and from the looks of it even more coming next summer!
There is the three gun match in August sponsored by DPMS.
There is Cowboy Action shooting too check the SASS website.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 2:33:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Very good reply, thanks. I looked into the bullseye league at Bill's once before and I believe it is underway already. Have to catch it next time. I also looked at the NRA site last night and I believe I could get down with the silouhette shooting. Just a matter of finding some guys somewhere semi-local that are doing it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 10:15:37 AM EDT
[#3]
They just started a league at Bill's North (Circle Pines). It's every other Wednesday.
www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511  has the specifics. Next shoot will be Dec 14th between 1800-2000. (That's 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM for some of ya) The cost is $13.25 just for the league
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Lots of USPSA action in Minnesota. www.mnuspsa.org
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:35:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Oakdale Gun Club has the following competition events scheduled for 2006 and membership is not required to attend most of these events:
Military gas guns
silhouette clinics and match IHMSA
cast bullet benchrest
military bolt action & lever action
bullseye NRA 2700
glock match in July
airgun
practical pistol points match
www.oakdalegunclub.org
and look under competition
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Cannot recommend the Glock match.  That is organizationally the most poorly run match around, and I've been to quite a few.  

If you still decide to go, anticipate spending an entire day at the range (even if you get there by 9 and are signed up in advance) for what will likely be about 120 seconds of trigger time.  

Myself and several other people who squadded up together got rudely mistreated this last year.  I wrote a written letter (they don't have any electronic means for giving comments) and they didn't even have the courtesy to respond with a form letter, let alone any meaningful correspondence.

Don't get me wrong, I love Glocks, I feel they're a great firearm, but the GSSF is a disaster.  I realize that they gear that match more towards people who only shoot their local Glock match and that's it, but for competitive shooters the frustration of seeing poor match management compared to what any other league runs (IDPA, IPSC, etc) isn't worth it.

ETA: I second the IPSC/USPSA recommendation.  Don't forget to add IDPA to your list.  It's a little more friendly to people who are comfortable around handguns but new to competitive shooting (IPSC/USPSA is a little more geared towards experienced action pistol shooters).
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Cannot recommend the Glock match.  That is organizationally the most poorly run match around, and I've been to quite a few.  

If you still decide to go, anticipate spending an entire day at the range (even if you get there by 9 and are signed up in advance) for what will likely be about 120 seconds of trigger time.  

Myself and several other people who squadded up together got rudely mistreated this last year.  I wrote a written letter (they don't have any electronic means for giving comments) and they didn't even have the courtesy to respond with a form letter, let alone any meaningful correspondence.

Don't get me wrong, I love Glocks, I feel they're a great firearm, but the GSSF is a disaster.  I realize that they gear that match more towards people who only shoot their local Glock match and that's it, but for competitive shooters the frustration of seeing poor match management compared to what any other league runs (IDPA, IPSC, etc) isn't worth it.

ETA: I second the IPSC/USPSA recommendation.  Don't forget to add IDPA to your list.  It's a little more friendly to people who are comfortable around handguns but new to competitive shooting (IPSC/USPSA is a little more geared towards experienced action pistol shooters).

I will bring this post up  to the person in charge of the Glock Match and hopefully next year will be better organized. Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:05:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will bring this post up  to the person in charge of the Glock Match and hopefully next year will be better organized. Thanks for posting.

Please keep me posted as I was looking forward to the Glock match.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Keystone:

Just for a little clarification, the volunteers from your club were wonderful people to work with.  I realize that they must use the GSSF guidelines as far as running the match goes, and can't blame the disorganization on them at all.  

Just figured I'd clarify so the local people at Oakdale don't get the wrong idea.

BTW, Oakdale is a nice club.  Wish it was closer to where I live, I'd be a member in a heartbeat.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:03:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please keep me posted as I was looking forward to the Glock match.

according to the newsletter  it is July 15-16, but will post if date is changed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top