Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/22/2005 9:14:44 AM EDT
I read this forum every day. I see lots of posts about stories of CHL holders being involved in shootings. I would be curious to see a few posts from actual folks who frequent the forum who have actually been in a situation where they had to act to defent property or persons. I'm curious to hear from folks so that we can all learn what it's really like rather than a lot of the "what would I do" stuff. I know what I would like to think I would do, but I've never been in a situation where I had to pull my gun. I know from first hand experience (as a firefighter) what it's like to think what you would do in a stressful situation and be in a situation and then have it turn out differently.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:59:18 PM EDT
Tread lightly here gentleman. Do to the litigious nature of out society bragging about ones actions may bring abut civil suits.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:34:45 PM EDT
I was confronted by a man waving a gun at me.
The thing I kept thinking was stay calm, focus on the BG, and the thing that matters I believe the most...TIMING IS EVERYTHING.
I got the drop on this guy after a gun was pointed at me. No shots fired and no life taken.
I feel this result was a combination of timing, bad judgement(on BG part), and luck.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:25:32 PM EDT

I got the drop on this guy after a gun was pointed at me.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:31:38 PM EDT
BG approached from about 20 feet away. BG already had the weapon out he then started waving it around. This is when I chose to act.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:56:30 PM EDT
BG follows my GF home from work, waits 10 minutes to come to door of upstairs apartment.
BG knocks on door, many, many times, very loudly. Through peep hole I can see he's both drunk, and armed with a small bat.
I open door slightly, ask him politely to leave. BG insist his "girlfriend" is in there with me and my girlfriend, starts to get agitated and aggressive.
I stick 1911 literally between his eyes, he takes two or three steps backwards, and literally falls down stairs, subsequently cracking his skull, and hurting his leg.
I dial 911, they tell me officers are already on the way, I put 1911 away, since threat has been "neutralized" by falling down stairs.
PD shows up, takes statements from me, GF, neighbor who called cops. BG spends night in jail/hospital.

Lesson learned? Be calm, and be in control of the situation. I also turned two gun haters in to gun lovers that night.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:53:40 AM EDT

I also turned two gun haters in to gun lovers that night.

That's worth a few statements of explanation. Please, do tell.

CMOS
Top Top