Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2014 9:33:33 PM EST
Well after a long 12 years since the last visit the wife and I will be coming for a month long stay in Nov. Renting a house just off W. Glendale Ave and just before 101. I hope it's a safe area, The house looks nice and the back yard over looks the Desert Mirage Golf Course. The house looks nice but not as nice as the one I found north of W Bell in the Arrowhead area. The $$ I saved we'll be able to see / do more I figure.
The only times we've been out here was in the summer and we loved the heat. This time we will see how the weather is in Nov. Here in NH it just starts to get cool with day time highs about 50 and below 32 at night most nights. So I would think it's much better in AZ. The last four times out here we put on about 3K miles each time. I think this time we'll spend more time in the local area. Can't wait to get back to this beautiful place once again.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:42:26 PM EST
Enjoy the awesome weather!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:47:39 AM EST
That area is close to Westgate but you probably already know that. Westgate seems to stay busy that time of year. You could even try a watch a football game as Cardinal stadium is close. I live closer to Arrowhead and during November, it's a madhouse. Hope you enjoy your stay.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:46:22 PM EST
That explains a slight increase in snowbirds. Was expecting 'em more next month and definitely by October.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:23:44 PM EST
If I had my way I wouldn't be flying back IN Dec but the wife ( I also to a point ) would miss our grand daughters way to much. I do have to check and see if I can bring with me one of my carry guns. I think AZ recognizes a NH carry permit. Here I always carry. Guess I just got to use to it when I was working and now retired I still do. At any rate, can't wait for Nov to get here.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:58:50 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NH11:
I do have to check and see if I can bring with me one of my carry guns. I think AZ recognizes a NH carry permit. Here I always carry.
View Quote

I believe since Arizona recognizes New Hampshire you'd be ok but its also a moot point since Arizona has Constitutional Carry for residents and visitors like. So you could both open and concealed carry in the Great State of Arizona (with some restrictions) even without your state's CCW.

Enjoy your stay.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:15:53 PM EST
Originally Posted By brandyspaw:

I believe since Arizona recognizes New Hampshire you'd be ok but its also a moot point since Arizona has Constitutional Carry for residents and visitors like. So you could both open and concealed carry in the Great State of Arizona (with some restrictions) even without your state's CCW.

Enjoy your stay.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I do have to check and see if I can bring with me one of my carry guns. I think AZ recognizes a NH carry permit. Here I always carry.

Enjoy your stay.

By restrictions I would say that you meant , tribal lands, which there are a few. I would more than likely only have one with me when I'm sure I wouldn't be on their lands. I've downloaded a map of tribal lands in AZ so I'd be checking that when I take some trips around the state. Other than that I want one when I'm at the house at night sleeping. It more of a concern to bring one here when I fly out.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:47:00 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/5/2014 9:48:35 AM EST by NH11]
We were going to fly out to AZ but we are now going to drive. I figure it will take about a slow 5 or 6 days to get here. Going to leave here on or before the 28th of this month. Been watching the weather and all I can say is that you guys have been having a little to much rain and wind. Hope all have come through it without much damage if any. Anyways, can't wait to get out here once again and enjoy the state !!
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:33:04 PM EST

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:03:11 PM EST

By restrictions I would say that you meant , tribal lands, which there are a few. I would more than likely only have one with me when I'm sure I wouldn't be on their lands. I've downloaded a map of tribal lands in AZ so I'd be checking that when I take some trips around the state. Other than that I want one when I'm at the house at night sleeping. It more of a concern to bring one here when I fly out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Enjoy your stay.

Don't carry on tribal land with or without a CCW, they aren't very gun friendly unless you are a member of the tribe. Driving on major public roads in tribal areas is fine but don't bring a gun into that gas station/mini-market, leave it in the car.

The only thing a CCW gets you in AZ is carry into a place that serves liquor IF it is not posted to the contrary.
Top Top